• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Long way

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
Well a few of you know The Trust has sold the home ranch and settled up. My Mom and My wife and I have bought 2 new places side by side . On Cabin creek road, Not sure the address is Moorcroft, Carlie, or Oshoto as all three show up on the old papers we got on the main place... The other small place connects up on the high part of the ranch. We hauled one load of sheep and horse tack over and put in a barn not being used. The old owners are having an auction April 8th. We moving my Daughter , SIL and New Baby over the 11... OH I BECAME A GRAND PAW LAST SUNDAY March 19.Then hope to have sheep shared and take them over and let the kids lamb them out. Started calving here, got trucks lined up to take some of the machinery over. Will take cows and calves end of may. Need to buy a few more pairs and a little cavy of good gentle saddle horses....... Snow melting fast, mud is deep , feeding extra hay just to help bed the cows... :mrgreen:

Big Muddy rancher said:
Congrats on becoming a G'pa, nothing better! :D :D

Hope your new place works out great.
Is it close to where you are now?
nope 510 miles one way moving from next to the Idaho border to close to the Montana and SD borders

Oh wow. Let the fun begin!! You are in for a great new experience. There is just NOTHING like GRANDKIDS! I have heard you have kids to have grandkids and I believe it. Sadly, I only have one of each...one kid, one grandkid. (who is now 6' tall and 22 years old. They DO grow up too fast.) Enjoy them while you can and cherish every minute! You and Sue will make wonderful grandparents. So great you will be close by.

Congratulations! Love the photo. And be sure to take LOTS of them. Babies change so darn fast the first couple of months, and only a little less so after that. Probably don't know you well enough to tease about baby resembling you, at least the similar hair lines, but can't resist. Just surprised FH missed that opportunity!

mrj

mrj said:
Congratulations! Love the photo. And be sure to take LOTS of them. Babies change so darn fast the first couple of months, and only a little less so after that. Probably don't know you well enough to tease about baby resembling you, at least the similar hair lines, but can't resist. Just surprised FH missed that opportunity!

mrj

I noticed the resemblance, but didn't know how to say it. You did it better than I could have! :D

I am sure the move will be exciting, rewarding and stressful in varying degrees and different orders every day. Best of luck.
As for the Grandchild, you could not have picked a better day. I have heard that very many extremely tremendous people are born on March 19th. It is a perfect day for a birthday. :wink:

:clap: :D
RSL said:
I am sure the move will be exciting, rewarding and stressful in varying degrees and different orders every day. Best of luck.
As for the Grandchild, you could not have picked a better day. I have heard that very many extremely tremendous people are born on March 19th. It is a perfect day for a birthday. :wink:

jodywy said:
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/17499312_10155035417436380_6735986542903691806_n.jpg?oh=06df6a411aa0bfa4fb9aa520b70765b6&oe=59695E94

He sure is a cutie! And will probably be a football player, judging by those legs! He is a nice, chubby little guy. Our great grand girls were such scrawny new-borns it was almost scarey to try to hold them. They were very wiggly, too, but just seemed very fragile. But my babies were all over due and the smallest was 8# 13 oz. and 18" long to the biggest being 9# 5oz. and 22" long. The smallest still is, which is nice, since she is the only girl and her brothers are from about 5'9" to 6' 4", while she isn't much over 5' tall.

Hope you get plenty of time to enjoy your little guy, even if you are terribly busy with the move. I've got some work to do with our four year old great grand girl. She is terrified of the tiniest worm, and most bugs. We are working on "bugs that won't hurt us" now. She doesn't buy the fact that one of my younger cousins used to pretend Box Elder bugs were her cows or her pets and she even let them crawl on her hands and arms when she was four years old! But at least she isn't screaming every time she sees one.

mrj

Latest posts