• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

America's Oldest Veteran

Help Support Ranchers.net:

He seems like quite the 'character', besides having plenty of character, in the best sense of the word. He surely is one of the best of his era.

My dad was about 30 when WWII began, and docs thought he had hay fever terribly bad, so military didn't want him. So he got married and my parents had four kids in three and a half years. Soon, he was very ill, and learned it was a very damaged heart rather than hay fever, and died at age 40. I really appreciate those WWII guys because of them being of similar age of my dad, and could sort of think what he might have been like in older years by knowing several from that era over the years. His youngest brother died in his plane off Hawaii, and another brother and brother in law survived the war, but all died quite young, as have most of the veterans of that war. It does make me realize just how old I'm getting, but still seems strange to have become part of the 'eldest' generation! Not many live to 109, and that this old veteran still has such a clear mind is awesome! That video is well worth watching.

I do worry about how he lights those cigars over that gas stove burner! Apparently they haven't done him much harm. From what our professional worry-warts tell us about tobacco, he shouldn't even be alive!

mrj

We have one left in church was a Navy Frogman was at Iwo and Okinawa.
He was 16 when he enlisted.

lavacarancher said:
Caustic Burno said:
We have one left in church was a Navy Frogman was at Iwo and Okinawa.
He was 16 when he enlisted.

Hey, CB. Glad to see you over here.

Thanks I have been reading off and on for ten years. I enjoy reading the discussions
I just lurk mainly from time to time.

Latest posts