• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

"Crazy Dangerous" Drug; Carfentanil

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Traveler

Reaction score
The difficult-to-detect substance is so powerful that an amount equivalent to a few grains of salt can be deadly. It requires more aggressive treatment than a typical opiate overdose to reverse. First responders are getting burned out answering back-to-back overdose calls rising because of carfentanil and other synthetic opioids, and they worry about falling ill after exposure while answering calls. The drug is so new that some medical examiners don't have the tools to detect it in autopsies.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Elephant-tranquilizer-makes-lethal-entry-into-11101888.php

I wonder what 'fighting drugs' has cost this nation and the families harmed by them, over the past 25 years? Not sure when the 'drug wars' actually began, but that is as good a number as any. Probably should say 10 because it would be easier to calculate. I refer to so called 'recreational drugs', including the 'hard' ones and this one in the story here.

In any case, it has to be astronomical. Both in actual dollars, and the costs to families, both in dollars and lives lost and those ruined whether in mind or body. The costs of treating 'victims' in actual dollars has to be great, and imo, not very effective in many cases.

It seems unreasonable to keep on treating and re-treating those who choose drug use for 'recreation', and I would include legal alcohol here. 'Once and done' SHOULD be the rule, with inclusion of treatment of mental problems some claim cause their addictions. It should not be legal to 'self treat' medical ills like depression and others with even legal drugs, especially with 'medical' marijuana. I realize many educated people insist 'm' is not addictive, but isn't it an 'entry' drug to more powerful, dangerous, and illegal substances?

People have to learn to take responsibility for their actions and if parents don't instill that 'talent', government may have to do so because we simply cannot continue taking care of those who choose not to take care of themselves.

A life is a terrible thing to waste, or to throw away in this way, and the people who entice others with drugs, illegal and legal, deserve to pay the price, just as the victims of drugs have.

mrj

Good points mrj. What I find especially troubling is the reports of young people that are given addictive drugs and lured, or forced, into sex trafficking.

Also, drug testing before qualifying for social programs should be standardized, imo, as well as making a huge effort to stop the drugs that keep coming across the border, and those that are being manufactured and smuggled in from China, and elsewhere.

This new drug in the report sounds more like a tool of homicide.

You are right, Traveler. Not only the sex trafficking, also the forced work for little or no pay as hotel maids and other typically low pay jobs, with a 'keeper' of some sort taking the money from the people they control either with drugs of by preying on people suffering from past abuse, low self esteem and even mental problems.

Our Representative in Washington, Kristi Noem has worked against those abuses of people for some time. I had heard little about such abuse before she started pushing against it a few years ago.

It is going to be terribly hard to end the drug aspects of it, imo, due to so many well educated people 'indulging' in the recreational drugs and believing there is no harm done with it if one is smart enough to 'handle' it properly. Again, imo, those people promoting such drug use as being o.k. are guilty at the least, of leading weaker people astray.

Enslaving people, by whatever means, and into whatever form that slavery takes is criminal and evil and will not go unpunished, one way or another, imo.

mrj

Interesting that many of the motels are owned by Muslims. A huge percentage. Wonder what goes on as a sideline there? Only the little mom/pop motels in Wyoming are owned by Americans. Not sure about other states, but if you ask around a little bit, you
will find out really fast.

Latest posts