• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

beaverslides and the big hole

Help Support Ranchers.net:

That's a pretty great video, nice to see what kids are capable of given the opportunity.

I grew up pushing hay with a truck sweep to a beaverslide stacker, it sure was a lot of fun. If only a fella could just go back and relive the simpler years of one's life.

Doesn't seem like that long ago we had one of those backwards driving trucks with a push off stacker on it, Dad made a lot of hay stacks with it. Every time the baler door opens and a nice tight round bale hits the ground I smile just a bit and think how much things have improved.
We used to have a neighbour that used strictly horses and a beaver slide. Most falls when everyone had their hay up someone would slip over with a baler and do his last two weeks work in an afternoon.

That's cool. We have an old haysweep here we have looked at putting back into production for bunch grazing. My dad says he figures he can sweep a field faster than I can bale it. With the new to us tractor having a top speed of 33mph he might be right. :)

Great video. It very much reminds me of my younger days. My dad used a beaver-slide stacker until about 1990. I helped with that for many years, until getting married and starting ranching on our own in 1979. Then Peach and I put up loose four-ton stacks with a reversed IHC "M" with a Farmhand F11 loader equipped with a hay head. I used a round cage on wheels for this process. We stacked until 1994, and went to all big round bales at that time.

Latest posts