• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Starvation diet

Help Support Ranchers.net:

George

Reaction score
I wish the ground was such that I could bale this but not possible - - - I guess they will survive!

I suppose there could be a worse fate than to be one of my animals - - - dog,cow or horses when I had them. I do have to get some fescue mineral as they have started standing in the creek. The weather has been running much below normal about 6 days a week and about 3" of rain a week - - - glad we got planted early April - - - then the 7th day will be in the mid 80s and steamy! I was going to bale the parts of that field I could but I doubt I could run a tractor there without getting stuck or at the least leaving huge ruts!

Fescue in this area makes better hay than pasture - - - I think the parasite that constricts blood vessels in the extremities must die in the bale - - - It produces a lot of tons but cattle will eat it and lose condition without the fescue mineral.

I am down to one charolis and one smokey cow all the rest are black - - - I love the looks of the charolis but they are too big and eat to much ( almost double and angus ) for what the produce!

Latest posts