• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Springs

Help Support Ranchers.net:

redrobin

Reaction score
Here's a good spring and old spring tank on a rent place . 100 gallon a minute or so. Clean and cold and never gets much weaker.

Good place to spend a warm day. We've got a couple good springs then several wet weather springs.

We've got water on our place that flows all winter into the creek It's only a couple inches deep but I have only chopped ice about 10 days per winter as it freezes up another spot opens up.

This spring is on a place I own. The spring is split, half on me, half the neighbors. Same deal here . A hundred gallon per minute or so and never gets much lower.

Two winters ago we had a bunch in a circle of corn stalks. Forecast got nasty and the director called a neighbor across the road about an 80 with trees just over the fence. He and I spent the next day in the fog fencing, must of put 500 staples in. Swam a single barb wire across a slough on the uphill end. Wound up feeding there til calving. Took a chainsaw twice a week to keep the ice where you could chop it. When it had been turbo cold for about 10 days the cows quit worrying about my axe. I found a clear hole in the ice about 2 feet across. Just upstream was an ice bridge that looked a foot thick. Never tried it with the bale bed, but sure held a 4 wheeler and a lot of heavy cows. Best thing about my whole winter. I would guess it ran 40 gallons, but I bet that's low, because I never broke ice on it above minus 10. Water just boiled up there then went on down and heaved ice.

Latest posts