• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Movie project

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jdgreene

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm working on a movie project that includes some characters who are ranchers, but as someone with limited means from a city in the Northeast, I haven't had the opportunity to spend much time on cattle ranches.

I've been doing a lot of reading, including on this forum (which has been helpful), to get a better sense of the day-to-day responsibilities of ranching. But you can get only so far on a computer/at a library, so I think it would be very helpful to talk or email with folks who actually work on ranches.

If any of you would be interested in emailing or speaking with me to talk about the activities involved in running a ranch, I would really appreciate it (and if any of you are interested in independent filmmaking, I'd be happy to share my knowledge). I don't think I have PM privileges because I just registered to send this post, but if you respond here or send me an email, it would be great to talk more.

Thank you for any help you're able to give!

JD

[email protected]

Give you a pro tip: likely the best rancher in the Sandhills posts here as soapweed. Andddd he writes very well, anddd he's getting a little retired(ish). This forum archives some great tales (and protects him from copyright invasion). Someday, a bright publisher is going to cut a fat dealio with soapweed - spend a month and look at some of his writing. Thank me later, but don't lift his ****.

Thanks for the build-up, Brad S, but our glorious glamorous days are in the past. We now go more for function, and less for fashion. There would be others that would be much more interested in making movies and gaining the publicity. I am kind of old and wore-out, and just desire the peace and quiet of living fairly simply. :)

Latest posts