• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Eating tilapia does more harm than good

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Horse S***! More fake news. Talapia don't eat cow s***, they eat algae. They keep your ponds clean and free of that slimy algae. I just put 200 Mozambique Talapia in one of my ponds and they've almost got it all cleaned up. I plan to eat every one of them.

lavacarancher said:
Horse S***! More fake news. Talapia don't eat cow s***, they eat algae. They keep your ponds clean and free of that slimy algae. I just put 200 Mozambique Talapia in one of my ponds and they've almost got it all cleaned up. I plan to eat every one of them.
Would you eat them if they were farm raised and shipped in from China? Did you watch the short Mike Rowe clip and the guy with the accent? A lot different than the ones you raised yourself, I would think.

I'm standing by my statement that Talapia don't eat shyt. As far as knowingly eating something from China I don't and won't do it. Furthermore, if I have a choice I won't buy anything made in China.

Here's a question for some of our more gullible posters. Have you ever seen what a free range chicken eats???? If you have why are you eating chicken? Or eggs? They DO eat all kinds of shyt (including human feces) yet the meat doesn't seem to get tainted.

Sorry for getting excited. Just get sick and tired of ignorant folks jumping into something they know absolutely nothing about just to stir people (like me) up. There is an old saying that goes something like this. "Don't believe ANYTHING you read and less than half of what you SEE".

We may have to have a neutral third party do a number 2 in your tilapia pond to settle this, whether they'll eat it or not. :lol2: :lol2: :wink:

Traveler said:
We may have to have a neutral third party do a number 2 in your tilapia pond to settle this, whether they'll eat it or not. :lol2: :lol2: :wink:

That's OK with me. Can I watch? :shock: Trav, I need to mitigate my statement about ignorant people a little. What I was talking about was people who have no idea about how anything works. They depend on others to provide what they need rather than working for it. Then they believe that the way you can tell eggs are organic is if they are brown! Go into a Sams and look at the egg cooler. You will see that there are eggs (white) and in a separate cooler brown eggs labeled "organic". What would you think?

There's another board kin to this one and some folks over there actually feed their cattle chicken poop and by products (dead chickens). Seems to me that one of the sources of BSE is animal by products getting into the feed stream for cattle. So why would someone do that - feed chicken poop to their cattle?

lavacarancher said:
Traveler said:

That's OK with me. Can I watch? :shock: Trav, I need to mitigate my statement about ignorant people a little. What I was talking about was people who have no idea about how anything works. They depend on others to provide what they need rather than working for it. Then they believe that the way you can tell eggs are organic is if they are brown! Go into a Sams and look at the egg cooler. You will see that there are eggs (white) and in a separate cooler brown eggs labeled "organic". What would you think?

There's another board kin to this one and some folks over there actually feed their cattle chicken poop and by products (dead chickens). Seems to me that one of the sources of BSE is animal by products getting into the feed stream for cattle. So why would someone do that - feed chicken poop to their cattle?

Cheap. But dangerous. I hope they eat their own cattle as opposed to being in the marketplace.
Thanks for the semi-apology. I didn't much like being called ignorant. :D

Faster horses said:
lavacarancher said:
Traveler said:

Cheap. But dangerous. I hope they eat their own cattle as opposed to being in the marketplace.
Thanks for the semi-apology. I didn't much like being called ignorant. :D

You know, Faster, I don't think I've ever talked to a single person on one of these ranching boards
whom I consider ignorant. All are hard working, honest folks and smart as a whip when it comes to everyday life. Most of the general population in this country have no idea where their food comes from or what it takes to raise it. So when someone makes a "documentary" like the tilapia one just to make a buck it ercks me to see someone jump on the wagon and swear its truthful.

Latest posts