• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

old well

Help Support Ranchers.net:

jodywy

Reaction score
old well the bottom had caved in but when we tested it it pumped 20 gallons a mintue for 20 minutes. the house well was hooked to a pipeline with 6 tanks on it.we got a power back up a few weeks ago, a cistern put in last Friday,a pump in Monday.Then yesterday filled tanks where needed. so great not having to shut the house down to water cows.

Sounds like you are getting your new place all fixed up, Jody! Good for you!
I always noticed that when a place changed hands, the new owner
fixed a lot of things the previous owner just lived with. I know that was the case with us.
We fixed a lot of things in order to make life easier.

Faster horses said:
fixed a lot of things the previous owner just lived with. I know that was the case with us.

The "to make life easier" part can be SO misleading........my experience has been it is so we have more time to do MORE work! And that is what makes life "easier", after all!

And happy for the folks who are getting established in 'new' places. There seems to be a big 'learning curve' to any change in work and life which can be fun and or educational.

We are currently going through our 60 years worth of photo's, AND some collected clear back to very early 1900's by our parents and grand parents. Computer (and the young people to run them!!!) sure makes that easier and can improve quality of photo's, too. We are now the 'oldest generation' not only on our ranch, and in our family, but also in our community. Not sure why that realization has come as such a shock, but we still are shaking our heads over it.

mrj

mrj said:
Faster horses said:

The "to make life easier" part can be SO misleading........my experience has been it is so we have more time to do MORE work! And that is what makes life "easier", after all!

And happy for the folks who are getting established in 'new' places. There seems to be a big 'learning curve' to any change in work and life which can be fun and or educational.

We are currently going through our 60 years worth of photo's, AND some collected clear back to very early 1900's by our parents and grand parents. Computer (and the young people to run them!!!) sure makes that easier and can improve quality of photo's, too. We are now the 'oldest generation' not only on our ranch, and in our family, but also in our community. Not sure why that realization has come as such a shock, but we still are shaking our heads over it.

mrj
congratulations sweetheart. I want to live long enough to be the oldest as well

Thanks!. I appreciate the fact of attaining 'old age'......it just startles me......maybe because my parents died at ages 40 and 63...and I never particularly thought about that, or that time was flying by. It seems all of a sudden, it was my 70th bd. And counting, for which I'm thankful!

mrj

Latest posts