• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

Not Enough Bears?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Big Muddy rancher said:
I'm sure those bears would be right at home in Stanley Park

That's exactly what I told my wife when I read the article.

California always pulled crap like that. They made it illegal to kill mountain lions except by depredation permit, which required that you identify an individual lion causing problems. Imagine everyone surprise when the deer herd went into a steep decline and lions started showing up on the valley floor in neighborhoods. Then they turned around and banned bear hunting with dogs...
By the time I left it was more common to see a starving bear or a lion than it was deer.

Little valley we're in is only 75 miles out of Kelowna and a population of about 1 million people. I'd like to know how many of those citiots voted to ban the bear hunt, then show them pictures of all the bears and cougars that get shot right outside their city limits. Our neighbors shot a large female cougar Monday morning that had been staying on a kill for days while a trackhoe and skidder worked 50 yards away. She didn't care about the noise, and when her deer carcass was licked clean she went after the neighbors' donkey, so she'll be a rug.

Latest posts