Ranchers.net Bull Session

Second Spearhead branding - April 25, 2018

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Second Spearhead branding - April 25, 2018

Postby Soapweed » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:14 pm

Boys and toys

Fellows and phones

Snack time

Will and Bryce

Brock

Carol

Future cowpoke

His brother

And their father

Sister Sybil watching the gate so I can pair out heifer calves and their mothers

The lay of the land

Putting the steer calves and their mothers onto a meadow

They've had milk, now they can have water.

Kosmo Kid inkorporated

gcreekrch
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Second Spearhead branding - April 25, 2018

Postby gcreekrch » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:05 pm

Very glad your sons are there to carry on the tradition Soapweed, you are blessed.

Thanks again.
Don't tell people your problems, half of em' don't care and the other half are glad you got em' We can all run the neighbors better'n our own

WB

Postby WB » Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:20 am

Great pics as usual. Your grandkids are growing really fast.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:40 am

Glad to see life busy as usual at the Spearhead. You are blessed to have a good crew.

I can't believe Will's boys are that big already. They grow up TOO FAST!
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:18 am

We try to use horses when we can but have made lots of miles on a ATV around here and moved quite a few cattle with just 1 or 2 people on machines but I do miss your horse sale adventures and seeing what you are mounted on and your crew moving cattle.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

mrj
Rancher
Rancher

Postby mrj » Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:20 pm

It's great to see the photo's of the Spearhead crew.....present and future! Cattle sure look good, too. Looking on behind Sybil a bit, it looks like you have pretty good 'old' grass, and good to see some green color on the foreground. And, like all us grandparents, I'm betting you all feel like those little ones are growing way too fast! Guess we just have to make the most of the time we get to spend with them. Before we know it, school will be taking most all of their time. Our kindergarten girl only goes four days a week, and we like that arrangement better, long days tho they are! 7:50 till 4:50. They use the fifth day, it needed, to make up snow days, or recently a 'funeral day', since the school gym is the biggest space available to hold a crowd, and serve a meal, and the most handicap accessible one, too.

There have been several brandings on our 'circuit' in this area, but believe our first one is scheduled for June 1. We feel pretty well blessed to have quite a few young ranch families in the area, so there are lots of young kids to train in cattle work. We live in the s.e. corner of Haakon county, and Jackson, Jones, and Stanley counties all 'corner' within less than ten miles, so I guess we could call it the 'greater Midland' area, maybe a radius of 20 miles, with jaunts over 40 miles on occasion to help friends. Guess it is an excuse for a good gathering of friends to accomplish a necessary job, which few participants would call a 'chore'. After isn't "good friends, good food, good fun" a fair definition of a party??? Getting the branding done in the process is just the 'frosting on the cake'.

mrj

RSL
Rancher
Rancher

Postby RSL » Tue May 01, 2018 7:38 am

Nice pics. Just thinking that toy would serve as a good blueprint for dad to weld up a ranger size track in a couple of years.
You can't teach a stick to fetch a dog...
www.roundrockranching.com

Return to “Ranch Talk”