Ranchers.net Bull Session

HOT!

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

HOT!

Postby Faster horses » Sun Jul 08, 2018 9:14 am

It is really hot here at the foot of the Big Horn mountains!!!!!! I checked and Eager AZ is cooler than we are!!!! Both day and night!!!
Don't like this heat, but it's good haying weather....if you don't break down. :( Of course our breakdowns come on Saturday and the
dealership in town doesn't have the part. So we made a parts run to Billings, picked up some parts for them while we were there.
On the way home, we saw a long, long coal train. 2 engines pulling, 2 pushing. Haven't seen that in awhile. Thank you Trump for allowing us to use our natural resources as the Lord intended.

I did manage to get a couple of pictures with my phone, not good ones, but what the heck. I'll share them:
I think I wish I had gotten a more expensive camera so the pictures would be better quality.
I'm glad we can post pictures on here again!!

There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Re: HOT!

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sun Jul 08, 2018 4:56 pm

Hot here and broke down on the weekend as well.
Got what I need to fix one machine except I can't get a broken bolt out.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Traveler
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Traveler » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:31 pm

Belt that runs the net wrap broke on one of the balers. Should have had one on hand, but nope.

Haytrucker

Postby Haytrucker » Sun Jul 08, 2018 5:50 pm

Radiator hose on rake tractor here today. Net roller and hydraulic leak yesterday. We are darn lucky to have a Sunday parts man. We try not to abuse that privelege. We have ten to twenty of those trains thru here daily, FH, but I'm sure being east of Wyoming has a lot to do with that.

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Sun Jul 08, 2018 10:37 pm

Guess it's true, misery loves company.lol

I can't tame wild women.

Haytrucker

Postby Haytrucker » Mon Jul 09, 2018 12:18 am

Add no lights on one rake tractor, cab power issues on square baler tractor, and a busted shaft on the round baler. Just a fun evening...

little bow rancher

Postby little bow rancher » Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:48 pm

didn't think we would be baling at 1am ever again, but yes good haying weather, the dragon flies have a real gourmet.

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Mon Jul 09, 2018 9:57 pm

It was hot today then Hail hit, what a mess, every roof in the yard is beat, windshields smashed, trucks dented up. Had bulls break out and don't know where half of them are. Some dry cows broke out some on hiway. Never seen water run through our yard like tonight,rivers everywhere, the hills look washed.
Guess we are calling insurance agent in the morning. Just about everything sitting outside is damaged.

I can't tame wild women.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:19 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:It was hot today then Hail hit, what a mess, every roof in the yard is beat, windshields smashed, trucks dented up. Had bulls break out and don't know where half of them are. Some dry cows broke out some on hiway. Never seen water run through our yard like tonight,rivers everywhere, the hills look washed.
Guess we are calling insurance agent in the morning. Just about everything sitting outside is damaged.

Oh, Big Muddy, SO SORRY! :cry2: That makes our whining look pitiful in comparison. :(
Hope you find your bulls and cows. If we were closer, we would help.
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Hayguy
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Hayguy » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:43 pm

Holy Crap Big Muddy....if there's anything that i can do from here....

and i thought i was having a bad night with both dog's getting skunked and the coyotes real close in my calving pasture

little bow rancher

Postby little bow rancher » Tue Jul 10, 2018 4:07 am

Big Muddy rancher wrote:It was hot today then Hail hit, what a mess, every roof in the yard is beat, windshields smashed, trucks dented up. Had bulls break out and don't know where half of them are. Some dry cows broke out some on hiway. Never seen water run through our yard like tonight,rivers everywhere, the hills look washed.

Gee BMR, can only imagine how hard that would be on your grass. sorry for your luck.

Traveler
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Traveler » Tue Jul 10, 2018 5:18 am

Sorry to hear that. Happened recently to some friends. They found lots of dead fawns and birds, cattle sore and went through fences, just bad.

Return to “Ranch Talk”