Mustang Pictures--------------

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
mustang

Mustang Pictures--------------

Post by mustang » Wed Feb 13, 2019 3:37 pm

'''''''''Reruns from years ago. The first eight are at Brown Spring Those mustangs are wild and hard to get close to. I hid out
on the water and waited about an hour for them to come in.

The last twelve are around Simpson Spring a day or two after a range fire. The air was almost too thick to breath. Gypsy and her family were there. Her first four colts are in those pictures. Some of you might recognize them.

The Twins. The bigger one we see on a regular basis. The smaller has been missing for about two years. He comes around for a day or two, then vanishes.

Gypsy's fourth colt. He now has two mares, one of which has a year old colt from a different stud.

"Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever."

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Mustang Pictures--------------

Post by Faster horses » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:03 pm

How did I miss this?
I see some I want to frame. OH! #8!!!! Awesome!!! I love it. :heart:
I always enjoy seeing the mustangs trailing in to water. The one shot through the trees was exceptional, to me anyway.
I'm always glad they find water. :)
What is the fence showing in #9?

Were the twins, Gypsy's? I don't recall. In fact, are they twins or were they just born close to the same time and they look like twins?

And Gypsy... :( I know you still miss seeing her. Thank you for introducing her to us and for keeping track of her family.
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

mustang

Post by mustang » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:22 pm

The fence is a corral just below Simpson Spring. We were hiding in the corral and the balance of the picture are
shots of about a hundred head coming at us on the run. When they had passed we drove up ahead of them and got
some shots when they had slowed down.

The Twins are actually, Uncle/Nephew. One is Gypsy's and the other is Gypsy's second colt's,,colt.
"Nobody gets to be a cowboy forever."

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Big Muddy rancher » Sat Feb 16, 2019 7:41 pm

That sure looks good compared to our foot and a half of snow.

I missed these as well, My Dad passed away on February 3rd so between that and winter coming in with a vengeance don't know what's going on..
On Feb.8th it registered -51F, that was a cold one to get myself started little lone equipment.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

mrj
Rancher
Rancher

Post by mrj » Mon Mar 11, 2019 8:21 pm

BMR, sorry to hear about your Dad. Such a bittersweet time that is, with the memories and wishes for more time, if it can be of at least tolerable quality for the elder family member.

And I can't imagine a -51% temperature. I certainly don't want to witness it! We can get some pretty terribly low temperatures, but usually due to wind chill factor added to a low temp. Don't have a clue what our record with that has been.....but I don't need to see it to believe it either!

mrj