like a new bug hatch

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
jodywy
Rancher
Rancher

like a new bug hatch

Post by jodywy » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:46 am

We usually try and stay home during Rally. Well this morning a slight tooth ache and a ear ache, I get in late for lunch and take a bite of pasta salad and about make hole in the ceiling . Sue gets on the phone calls Dentist office in Belle , they have two opening Tel her the 4 o'clock will gives us more time. Man it is like a new warm evening hatch , bikers, they are every where, and it like all the horse power goes into noise as none of them can do the speed limit.... Yeah it hills and higher elevation for most of them. Took us a extra 20 minutes for what is usually just over a hour drive.
Ok x-rays, and they gave me my options, less then a minute and the receptionist is in there with a paper for my out of pocket to sign. Couple more minutes there a shot , my jaw and lips go numb and a little over a hour later the root canal was done. Sue drives home we filled up in Sundance ,got to help neighbor bring bull home tomorrow. Last station in Town one of those bikers pulls out in front of us , Damn that passage seat belt gets tight. 100 yards up the road he pulls over , I think to check his pants …...

"Every once in a while, I’m overwhelmed by the feeling that I’ve done something REALLY STUPID." -Hank (Hank the Cow Dog ,John R. Erickson)

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Re: like a new bug hatch

Post by Faster horses » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:35 am

jodywy wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:46 am
We usually try and stay home during Rally. Well this morning a slight tooth ache and a ear ache, I get in late for lunch and take a bite of pasta salad and about make hole in the ceiling . Sue gets on the phone calls Dentist office in Belle , they have two opening Tel her the 4 o'clock will gives us more time. Man it is like a new warm evening hatch , bikers, they are every where, and it like all the horse power goes into noise as none of them can do the speed limit.... Yeah it hills and higher elevation for most of them. Took us a extra 20 minutes for what is usually just over a hour drive.
Ok x-rays, and they gave me my options, less then a minute and the receptionist is in there with a paper for my out of pocket to sign. Couple more minutes there a shot , my jaw and lips go numb and a little over a hour later the root canal was done. Sue drives home we filled up in Sundance ,got to help neighbor bring bull home tomorrow. Last station in Town one of those bikers pulls out in front of us , Damn that passage seat belt gets tight. 100 yards up the road he pulls over , I think to check his pants …...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :help: Good one, Jody.
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Haytrucker

Re: like a new bug hatch

Post by Haytrucker » Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:08 am

When we trucked we had 2 weeks worth from our area to west of Casper a ways. Week one went up 26 then I 25 without a hitch. Week 2 went up 20 to I 25 through Lusk. Turned into week 3 to wait the rally crowd out. Years later, as a hired driver, I was hauling reclamation straw to the south exit in Sturgis. Weather had the project behind schedule and the last load shipped on a Friday. As quick as I could I put 38 round bales in the left lane from Rapid north at 70 per and the seas parted. Now we can't go to Chadron for parts during 10 days in August, much less move haying machinery on 385 without a few scares. We only have to dodge 20 percent of em here. No fun. At all.