Weather?

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Weather?

Post by Big Muddy rancher » Thu Nov 07, 2019 6:27 pm

Good to here from you H, glad you had a good fall, we were wet and cold for here. Lots of crop out up this way yet. Probably will be all winter.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

redrobin
Rancher
Rancher

Post by redrobin » Fri Nov 08, 2019 5:47 am

Tuesday night will be s prethanksgiving shock. 16f with 20 mph gusts. That would be January weather for here.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Faster horses » Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:53 am

Winter started too darn early here. It's all white. We keep getting SNOW.
Today and tomorrow in the 50's so maybe some will melt, then more snow forcast for Sunday.
Next week looks to be in the 40's. We haven't had any fall to speak of. Indian summer is
my favorite time.....didn't get to enjoy it this year, because it didn't happen.
The elk have come down by our house, the deer act hungry. Hope this goes off so there
is more for them to eat.
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Faster horses » Sun Nov 10, 2019 11:02 pm

Snowed 4" at least here today. :cry2:
Someone posted a picture of the snow the winter of 1978. I hope we aren't in for that again. It was bad!
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Texan
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Texan » Mon Nov 11, 2019 5:24 am

We have the same complaint that a lot of the rest of you have - seems as if it went straight from summer into winter and we've already had four hard frosts. It's really just now getting to be time for our first killing frost, but everything is already brown. We had a nice fall day yesterday with temps in the mid-70's, but those nice fall days have been rare.

Looks as if we'll pay for it later today and tonight, though, with temps forecast to be in the mid-20's by Tuesday morning. Supposed to have rain all day with strong north winds and temps falling rapidly after noon. Wet, windy cold is just rough on cattle no where where they are.

Cattle still really haven't haired-up around here, so it's gonna be tough on some of them. Especially the old 'one more calf' girls that we probably kept one year too long and the thin cutting bulls that seemed too cheap but still aren't straightened out yet. It's gonna be rough on all of them, and while it would be easy to blame unseasonable weather, there's really nothing to blame other than the poor management.

leanin' H
Rancher
Rancher

Post by leanin' H » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:29 am

Spent yesterday cutting firewood. Started the morning with a vest over two shirts. By ten i was down to one shirt. Bucks are getting rutty and seeing a lot of deer. Still crisp at night. Last night was 11F but it warms up to 50F during the day. I am pouring cement friday and will attempt to post pictures. I about gave up with all the hoops it takes to jump through on here.

I check in from time to time and need to be better at posting. Miss you bunch
A poor ride beats a great walk any day!
<Parry Taylor>

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Faster horses » Thu Nov 14, 2019 6:30 pm

leanin' H wrote:
Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:29 am
Spent yesterday cutting firewood. Started the morning with a vest over two shirts. By ten i was down to one shirt. Bucks are getting rutty and seeing a lot of deer. Still crisp at night. Last night was 11F but it warms up to 50F during the day. I am pouring cement friday and will attempt to post pictures. I about gave up with all the hoops it takes to jump through on here.

I check in from time to time and need to be better at posting. Miss you bunch
We miss you! We miss your pictures. Don't know why Macon can't make it easier to post photos. He must not care.
Hope life is treating you well.