one less problem

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
jodywy
Rancher
Rancher

one less problem

Post by jodywy » Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:54 am

bulls out with the heifers.... now too keep wire hot and the cows bull lock up for a couple or more weeks...

"Every once in a while, I’m overwhelmed by the feeling that I’ve done something REALLY STUPID." -Hank (Hank the Cow Dog ,John R. Erickson)

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Re: one less problem

Post by Faster horses » Mon Jun 03, 2019 6:52 pm

Good luck! :D
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

lavacarancher

Post by lavacarancher » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:46 pm

As faster said, Good Luck. Everyone has a story. Mine I had just built a brand new 5 wire fence between me and my neighbor. I did not want his ugly bull in with my pretty heifers. He got in, chased him out, got in again, chased him out and fixed my new fence and before I got back in the truck that SOB was in again. Long story short couldn't keep him out until he got his undercarriage caught on the fence as he was coming over and tore it off! Now he won't be bothering my girls (or anyone elses) again.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Faster horses » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:48 pm

lavacarancher wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:46 pm
As faster said, Good Luck. Everyone has a story. Mine I had just built a brand new 5 wire fence between me and my neighbor. I did not want his ugly bull in with my pretty heifers. He got in, chased him out, got in again, chased him out and fixed my new fence and before I got back in the truck that SOB was in again. Long story short couldn't keep him out until he got his undercarriage caught on the fence as he was coming over and tore it off! Now he won't be bothering my girls (or anyone elses) again.
:clap:
Bulls like that do their owner no good. Just as well give them a ride to town.
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Traveler
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Traveler » Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:21 pm

Like Jody said, "now to keep the wire hot". We've added many miles of hot wires, too. It helps.

Denny
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Denny » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:54 am

mine all went to the neighbors yesterday so once caught and loaded I just turned out with cows 10 days early but next spring is going to be nice
If your dreams don't scare you there not big enough!

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Big Muddy rancher » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:12 am

Denny wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:54 am
mine all went to the neighbors yesterday so once caught and loaded I just turned out with cows 10 days early but next spring is going to be nice
We will remind you of that next spring. :wink: :cowboy:

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Faster horses » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:08 am

Denny wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:54 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: Good luck!

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Soapweed » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:21 pm

lavacarancher wrote:

It's been referred to as "bob-wire," but maybe this particular fence is made from "bobbitt-wire." :cboy: Y'all do remember Lorena, right?

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Big Muddy rancher » Sat Jun 15, 2019 7:42 am

Good one Soap. :lol: :lol: :lol: :cowboy: :clap:

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

lavacarancher

Post by lavacarancher » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:40 pm

Soapweed wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:21 pm
lavacarancher wrote:

It's been referred to as "bob-wire," but maybe this particular fence is made from "bobbitt-wire." :cboy: Y'all do remember Lorena, right?
:lol: :lol: Good one, Soap. Yes, I remember.