• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

October 21 video of Bud Box/tub combo at Kosmo Kid's ranch

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Our crew of four worked 244 cows in four hours today--averaging one per minute. Krista Holstein, nice lady vet from Gordon, preg-checked the cows by ultrasound. Carol and I gave the vaccinations, and Brock kept them coming. His new corrals, built by Mike Schubert of Plus One Manufacturing, worked very well. The new "Bud Box" and tub combination were almost self loading. We are happy with the new set-up.

It does appear to load nicely, and that surprises me as I've never had much luck loading into a straight alley or an alley that the cattle can see out of so I would say a fine job was done in setting this up.

Faster horses said:
We have friends who have built a Bud Box and they love it. They say you just need to get out of the way and let the cattle load themselves.

Pretty much the biggest thing is understanding body position and being able to read cattle. I find the best combination is a double alley and bud box.

Latest posts