Good Sunday Mornin'

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Shortgrass
Rancher
Rancher

Good Sunday Mornin'

Post by Shortgrass » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:56 am

I enjoy seeing pictures that Soapweed posts. As a young man, he spent time packing in the Tetons. What great experience! The pack animals that were used have no way to free themselves of their burdens. They are totally dependent on others to remove the load from their back. We all have our emotional baggage in life. No one is free from burdens, pain and our personal load. We, like those pack horses, have no way to free ourselves of our burden. Yet our Savior tells us to go to Him, and He will set us free. "Come unto me all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." He is the only one who can free us of this kind of baggage. Ask Jesus, today, to free you of your burden and to make you whole. Have a good Sunday mornin' and a great rest of the week.

Nicky
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Good Sunday Mornin'

Post by Nicky » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:12 pm

Thank you, well said as usual. Have a blessed week.

jodywy
Rancher
Rancher

Post by jodywy » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:20 pm

Like this today , Sunday School teacher told of having an argument years ago with her 15 year old daughter whom didn't want to go to Church. She told her " When you know God. then you can choose not to go to Church"
Last edited by jodywy on Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Every once in a while, I’m overwhelmed by the feeling that I’ve done something REALLY STUPID." -Hank (Hank the Cow Dog ,John R. Erickson)

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Faster horses » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:50 pm

Very timely. Thanks for your message today, and always.
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Soapweed » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:16 am

You summed up packing horses and mules very well, Shortgrass. We all have burdens that are best left to our Savior to unpack and take away. Then our hearts are free, and we can lay down, roll, get up, and shake ourselves of the dust of the day. With a good night's rest and proper nourishment for our souls, we are ready to take on a new day tomorrow.