What a surprise!

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
Nicky
Rancher
Rancher

What a surprise!

Post by Nicky » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:44 pm

A car pulled in the driveway yesterday evening and guess who it was???? Soapweed and Peach!! They are on a trip to S. Oregon and who knows where else and decided to find us. He couldn't find our phone number and I hadn't been on FB to see his message so they headed out and luckily we had put up a ranch sign last year. They stayed a couple hours, had a great visit and took them on a little tour. They took pictures so hopefully will post them sometime. It's sure fun to meet people from this sight in real life. They are great folks.

Then today we went on a weed tour, and met webfoot. He too is a nice guy and we got to visit a bit. Also got to visit with a gal I was in 4H with who has lived here about as long as us, and we never get together.

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Re: What a surprise!

Post by Big Muddy rancher » Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:57 pm

It is nice when you get a surprise like that, when are you going to surprise Tam and I?
Soap and Peach have stopped in here on their way by as well in the past. Always a pleasure.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Faster horses » Thu Jun 27, 2019 8:18 pm

Nicky wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:44 pm
A car pulled in the driveway yesterday evening and guess who it was???? Soapweed and Peach!! They are on a trip to S. Oregon and who knows where else and decided to find us. He couldn't find our phone number and I hadn't been on FB to see his message so they headed out and luckily we had put up a ranch sign last year. They stayed a couple hours, had a great visit and took them on a little tour. They took pictures so hopefully will post them sometime. It's sure fun to meet people from this sight in real life. They are great folks.

Then today we went on a weed tour, and met webfoot. He too is a nice guy and we got to visit a bit. Also got to visit with a gal I was in 4H with who has lived here about as long as us, and we never get together.
What a nice surprise!! That had to be fun!
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

Nicky
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Nicky » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:57 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:57 pm
It is nice when you get a surprise like that, when are you going to surprise Tam and I?
Soap and Peach have stopped in here on their way by as well in the past. Always a pleasure.
Believe me, it's high on our bucket list!!

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Soapweed » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:55 pm

We had a fun time meeting Nicky and Mike. They have a very picturesque well-cared for ranch, and they are fine stewards of their land and livestock. It was a pleasure seeing them live and in person, even though we feel we've known them for many years.

gcreekrch
Rancher
Rancher

Post by gcreekrch » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:08 pm

Soapweed wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:55 pm
We had a fun time meeting Nicky and Mike. They have a very picturesque well-cared for ranch, and they are fine stewards of their land and livestock. It was a pleasure seeing them live and in person, even though we feel we've known them for many years.

You headed north now?
Don't tell people your problems, half of em' don't care and the other half are glad you got em' We can all run the neighbors better'n our own

webfoot

Post by webfoot » Sun Jun 30, 2019 8:04 pm

It was nice to meet Nicky and Mike. I learned a lot at that weed tour and they certainly contributed to the discussion. After years of reading posts by people it is good to put a face with their name.

Soapweed
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Soapweed » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:51 pm

gcreekrch wrote:
Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:08 pm
Soapweed wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:55 pm

You headed north now?
Someday we very much want to do just that. It's quite a jaunt up to your country from ours.