Cat got your tongue?

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
lavacarancher

Cat got your tongue?

Post by lavacarancher » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:46 am

I would have thought staying at home and maintaining "social distancing" would have started a lot of conversation. Not so. No new posts here and very little elsewhere. What's going on? Pick a subject. Lets yak about it.

Haytrucker

Re: Cat got your tongue?

Post by Haytrucker » Fri Apr 10, 2020 7:43 am

Maybe everyone is catching up on their to-do lists. Mine involves a three year backlog of mechanic work, assisting with a remodeling project and moving my shop tools and equipment. Only issue here will be getting some fixtures for the house from a neighboring state, and baler pulled home from 350 miles E of here. I also just finished picking up electric fence and related watering equipment off the winter grazing. Nice check mark off the list. Gopher poisoned the alfalfa yesterday and plan to fertilize it today. Snow coming tomorrow night so back to the shop next week, I guess.

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Big Muddy rancher » Fri Apr 10, 2020 12:35 pm

Been so quiet here I haven't been checking in so much. It seemed like for months it was just me and the dog around here. Faster Horses did check in but daily not much activity.

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Post by Faster horses » Mon Apr 13, 2020 8:51 am

Mr. FH found a book "Operation Care and Repair of Farm Machinery" that was his dad's when in high school. Has his dad's name and date, 1934, name of his Vo-Ag instructor. Eighth Edition. Published by John Deere.
Boy, is that interesting! Wish it wasn't so hard to post photos, etc. here, or I could share some of it.
Here it is projects being finished (and some being thought up :D ). For most of us in the Ag Industry, things haven't
changed all that much as far as social distancing.

I'm sure you know Smithfied closed the doors on one of it's plants? Smithfield, you know, owned by China. :mad:
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.