• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

‘Fast and Furious’ bombshell a day ahead of Holder contempt

Help Support Ranchers.net:

flounder

Reaction score
Martin Bashir | Aired on June 27, 2012

'Fast and Furious' bombshell a day ahead of Holder contempt charge

Washington Post's Dana Milbank and Jonathan Capehart dig into the contents of an explosive new report on the Fast and Furious controversy – much of which contradicts Republican talking points – and preview Thursday's contempt of Congress vote against Attorney General Eric Holder.

http://video.msnbc.msn.com/martin-bashir/47984723/#47984723

Will Fox Report On Fortune Bombshell That Fast And Furious Didn't Involve Gunwalking?

June 27, 2012 12:35 pm ET by Matt Gertz

As right-wing media cheer on a partisan Republican effort to find Attorney General Eric Holder in contempt with regard to Congress' inquiry into the ATF's Operation Fast and Furious, Fortune magazine has released a stunning investigation which concludes that ATF "never intentionally allowed guns to fall into the hands of Mexican drug cartels" in that case.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201206270010

FAST AND SPURIOUS

The Truth Behind A Non-Scandal

The truth about the Fast and Furious scandal June 27, 2012: 5:00 AM ET

A Fortune investigation reveals that the ATF never intentionally allowed guns to fall into the hands of Mexican drug cartels. How the world came to believe just the opposite is a tale of rivalry, murder, and political bloodlust. By Katherine Eban

SNIP...

How Fast and Furious reached the headlines is a strange and unsettling saga, one that reveals a lot about politics and media today. It's a story that starts with a grudge, specifically Dodson's anger at Voth. After the terrible murder of agent Terry, Dodson made complaints that were then amplified, first by right-wing bloggers, then by CBS. Rep. Issa and other politicians then seized those elements to score points against the Obama administration, which, for its part, has capitulated in an apparent effort to avoid a rhetorical battle over gun control in the run-up to the presidential election. (A Justice Department spokesperson denies this and asserts that the department is not drawing conclusions until the inspector general's report is submitted.)

snip...

It had also attracted gun-rights activists loosely organized around a blog called the Sipsey Street Irregulars, run by a former militia member, Mike Vanderboegh, who has advocated armed insurrection against the U.S. government. It was an incendiary combination: the disgruntled ATF agents wanted to punish and reform the bureau; the gun-rights activists wanted to disable it. After the item about Terry appeared, the bloggers funneled the allegations through a "desert telegraph" of sorts to Republican lawmakers, who began asking questions.

SNIP... SEE FULL TEXT, TOO LONG TO POST FOR ME HERE NOW...

http://features.blogs.fortune.cnn.com/2012/06/27/fast-and-furious-truth/

Meet the Former Militiaman Behind the Fast and Furious Scandal The blogger who helped turn the ATF op into a national controversy is better known for inciting violence than exposing wrongdoing. —By Stephanie Mencimer

Wed Dec. 14, 2011 4:00 AM PST

snip...

Vanderboegh reported that agents with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives believed that the gun that killed Terry had been part of an anti-gun smuggling operation—later known publicly as Operation Fast and Furious. Vanderboegh suggested that ATF agents had encouraged "snitches" to purchase hundreds of guns in the US and smuggle them into Mexico to track the weapons to high-level drug kingpins. He quoted a website set up by anonymous disgruntled ATF agents: It "appears that ATF may be one of the largest suppliers of assault rifles to the Mexican cartels!" one wrote.

snip...

The affair has been quite a coup for Vanderboegh, who is better known for inciting violence than for exposing wrongdoing. When Obama's health care reform bill passed in March 2010, Vanderboegh encouraged readers to throw rocks through the windows of Democratic Party headquarters, writing:

f you wish to send a message that [House Speaker Nancy] Pelosi and her party cannot fail to hear, break their windows. Break them NOW. Break them and run to break again. Break them under cover of night. Break them in broad daylight. Break them and await arrest in willful, principled civil disobedience. Break them with rocks. Break them with slingshots. Break them with baseball bats. But BREAK them.

A few people heeded his call, smashing the windows of a handful of congressional offices, including the Tucson office of Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.), who was shot and seriously wounded last January.

"We will not disarm. You cannot convince us. You cannot intimidate us. You can try to kill us, if you think you can. But remember, we'll shoot back." In November, Vanderboegh made national news again, this time for his alleged role in inspiring a domestic terrorism plot. The FBI alleged that a handful of Georgia senior citizens had met at a Waffle House to plot a domestic bioterrorism attack. When they were arrested, word leaked that they'd been inspired by Vanderboegh's unpublished novel, Absolved, in which underground militia groups plan to assassinate law enforcement and judicial officials to protest gun control and gay marriage. Vanderboegh has called the book "a combination field manual, technical manual, and call to arms for my beloved gunnies of the armed citizenry." (Parts of the book are available online.)

snip...

Vanderboegh, for his part, is relishing his 15 minutes of fame, which has catapulted him into a Fox News regular. After the Holder hearing, he wrote on his blog: "Sometimes I have to pinch myself. I just can't believe Mrs. Vanderboegh's wayward son finds himself in the middle of all this."

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/12/fast-and-furious-scandal-mike-vanderboegh

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/12/fast-and-furious-scandal-mike-vanderboegh?page=2

If there are no issues with Fast and Furious, Holder has no reason to break the law by withholding documents and Obama would have no reason to wrongfully invoke Executive Privilege. You libbies can't tell us that there is no fire when you're rolling in smoke.

Anyone that says guns didn't walk is a liar. If you believe them, you are a fool. If you spread this as the gospel, you are an idiot.

If guns didnt walk, how did a guy die with a gun traced back to the investigation?

And secondly, i was on the boarder briefly and heard about guns walking by a DEA agent before this was a national scandal.

okfarmer said:
Anyone that says guns didn't walk is a liar. If you believe them, you are a fool. If you spread this as the gospel, you are an idiot.

do you know Flounder personally :???:

Beats me how anyone can state that guns did not walk, when guns went from the US, to Mexico, and then ended up in the US again, that ended with a border agent being killed. Holder has already apologized for this, after being more or less forced to.

Flounder are you delusional

Fast and Furious was a federal government attempt at "manufacturing" crime to further a radical gun control agenda. This is why liberals want this to go away. Fast and Furious is the smoking gun that conspiracy theorists have been searching for for decades. The government causing crime or terrorism in order to encourage representatives and senators to pass unpopular and often un-needed legistlation. This is not going to go away anytime soon and it should not, innocent people died because of this scandal.

hypocritexposer said:
do you know Flounder personally :???:

Nope, but I had enough of the BS today before I started reading here.

Stayed in a really new and decent motel 6 today (didn't know they existed) as it was really close to where I needed to be. The cable channels are fairly limited but luckily they have two HBO channels so you can be sure and not miss Bill Mare and CNN.

After about an hour of watching CNN asking the House for evidence of gun walking, when Holder already admitted to it and then holding almost all evidence from the House, I was already over this line of thinking.

My favorite line by CNN was asking the Rep being interviewed about ways to prevent guns from so easily being purchased so that they wouldn't be able to cross the boarder. Sure would hate for the libs to miss out on the chance to discuss more regulations, as this was the entire purpose of the FF anyway.

Of course CNN or the Representative didn't mention that the prevention was already there and the guns were only sold because ATF requested it and even threatened gun shop owners with pulling their FFL license for not selling them.

Anyway, I thought I should make a public services announcement for those with half a brain or more and a predisposition for hypertension- Motel 6 may be harmful to your health. I know Tom Bodett will be going through a lot of Chinese bulbs waiting on me before I return.

Latest posts