• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

‘The War On Women’ And How It Backfired On The Dems

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer

Reaction score
The Absurdity of 'The War On Women' And How It Backfired On The Democrats

From NRO:

At a House Republican press stakeout today, Washington state's Cathy McMorris Rodgers said:

Over the last few weeks as the Republicans have been focusing on economy and jobs the Democrats have been trying to change the subject, and they've been trying to distract America from the real issues. They call it a "war on women." And, as a woman, I'm here to tell you that the Democrats are off base and the polls back us up. CBS News Poll recently shows that the American women actually support, a majority of them, support the Republican position on the conscience clause. President Obama's approval rating is actually at a record low, 41 percent with women right now. And as Americans look a little deeper into these issues what they see is not that Republicans are trying to undermine women's health, what they see is that Democrats are trying to scare American women and it's a scare tactic that isn't going to work. The American women fear most of all President Obama's policies. They fear his economic policies, they fear his healthcare policies, and they fear the debt that he is leaving to our children and our grandchildren. Republicans are going to continue to focus on the real issues. Those are the issues that American women care about and those are the issues that Americans care about.

There is no doubt that this 'war on women' absurdity has backfired on Obama and Nancy Pelosi, just as I thought it would. To imply or to suggest that the GOP wanted to somehow ban birth control is so ridiculous that it was easy for American women to see through this. American women are not stupid. The CBS poll McMorris referred to shows that women's approval of Obama dropped by 12 percent in just the past month. That is a BIG drop.

There is no way to know all the reasons women jumped off the Obama wagon, but I do know that in my Catholic Church and all the Catholic Churches of my friends and families across the country, the priests at Sunday Mass were very clear on what this issue was really about, which was religious liberty. All women across America know how accessible and low cost birth control is. After all, they have been accessing it. So, to try to fool them into believing that somehow forcing the Catholic Church to provide it, and the Church refusing is somehow going to hurt them in any way, was absurd. It wasn't only that though. Women, just like men, realize that free birth control isn't exactly the front burning issue all Americans are seeing as important right now. When we fill up our tanks at the gas station, and it costs triple what it did before Obama was President, THAT is what is concerning to them. When they can't find a job out of college, or have been out of a job for a year or two, THAT is what is concerning to them.

It also didn't help when the left and Nancy Pelosi decided that Rush Limbaugh calling Sandra Fluke "a slut" was so derogatory and slanderous that he must be thrown off the air. I guess they just forgot, or maybe didn't think we would remember the vile vicious sexist names that Bill Maher called Sarah Palin and her daughter before he gave $1 million dollars to Obama's Super Pac. Bristol Palin noticed Pres. Obama's hypocrisy in calling Sandra Fluke's parents because of how he would feel if it were his daughters, she is waiting for his call too since Bill Maher also said very crude and unacceptable things about her.

"You explained to reporters that you called (Fluke) because you were thinking of your two daughters, Malia and Sasha. After all, you didn't want them to think it was OK for men to treat them that way. … Now that you're in office, it seems you're only willing to defend certain women."

………

"If Maher talked about Malia and Sasha that way, you'd return his dirty money, and the Secret Service would probably have to restrain you. After all, I've always felt you understood my plight more than most because your mom was a teenager."

But Obama never called for the dirty money to be returned (nor did he call Bristol or Sarah). Obama never had a thing to say about the vile sexist things Maher said about the Palin women (not to mention Michele Bachmann). I guess American women took a look at both sides here, and clearly saw the hypocrisy of those like Pelosi and Obama. If one is going to defend women against crass language, one really needs to be consistent.

American women notice things like that.

In case you missed it, ShePac put together a mashup of all the vile things that fell out of the mouth of the sick person that is Bill Maher. It's a must watch. It also includes the offensive things that David Letterman said. You know, the talk show host that Michelle Obama visited last night. The video, including quotes from Obama, speaks for itself.

Like I said, women are not stupid. It's pretty easy to see who was being the hypocrite here.

Sadly, nasty things are going to be said in a free society. None of us have to like it, no matter who says it or which side they are on, but if you are President and former Speaker of the House, you shouldn't build your outrage on one side. Like I said, women notice things like that.

At least another 12% did.

http://blog.chron.com/texassparkle/2012/03/the-absurdity-of-the-war-on-women-and-how-it-backfired-on-the-democrats/

394277_324720227583108_102702636451536_874108_453488812_n.jpg

Oldtimer said:

and the reality... a large shift has occurred since the youth elected Obama..

Young voters increasingly identify with conservative politics

A recent Pew Research Center report said 40 percent of voters ages 18 to 28 lean Republican, up from 30 percent last year. Fifty-four percent of those voters said they lean Democratic, down from 62 percent last year.

lost.. or getting back... ?

Latest posts