• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

0 W S protesters

Help Support Ranchers.net:

woranch

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/nyc-arrest-records-many-occupy-wall-street-protesters-045625415.html

Many "Occupy Wall Street" protesters arrested in New York City "occupy" more luxurious homes than their "99 percent" rhetoric might suggest,

Among addresses for which information is available, single-family homes listed on those police intake forms have a median value of $305,000 — a far higher number than the $185,400 median value of owner-occupied housing units in the United States.

Some of the homes where "Occupy" arrestees reside, viewed through Google Maps and the Multiple Listing Service real estate database, are the definition of opulence.

Using county assessors and online resources such as Zillow.com, TheDC estimated property values and rents for 87 percent of the homes and 59 percent of the apartments listed in the arrest records.

Even in the nation's currently depressed housing market, at least 95 of the protesters' residences are worth approximately $500,000 or more.
[/quote]

in their defense, a three hundred thousand dollar home in or around NYC is not a great home.

in the city, a condo would easily set you back a half mil, and in the surrounding areas a row home is around $600,000 (older townhome)

and the surrounding areas a smaller single family is easily above $500,000

but it does show what most have been saying.. this is a bunch of spoiled liberal brats that once occupied their parents' basement.

Steve said:
in their defense, a three hundred thousand dollar home in or around NYC is not a great home.

in the city, a condo would easily set you back a half mil, and in the surrounding areas a row home is around $600,000 (older townhome)

and the surrounding areas a smaller single family is easily above $500,000

but it does show what most have been saying.. this is a bunch of spoiled liberal brats that once occupied their parents' basement.

Steve you could have left out your last statement. :lol: :lol: I grew up picking cotton before I attended elementary school so I hope I don't come across as a spoiled liberal :) as I consider myself an Indepenent, and if I took part in one of the OWS protests it would be to protest the seemingly no allegiance to America the Wall street crowd seems to possess, only their unending quest for that next dollar.

Latest posts