• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

1/2 $Million$ Vacation At Taxpayer Expense

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
First lady Michelle Obama's 2010 trip to Spain cost taxpayers nearly $470,000, according to a conservative watchdog group that obtained Secret Service records from the overseas excursion.

That trip, which the first lady took with her younger daughter Sasha, drew widespread criticism at the time -- as the visuals of the first lady in an elegant Mediterranean setting clashed with the still-struggling U.S. economy.

Judicial Watch, which filed a Freedom of Information Act request, claimed Thursday that documents show the trip cost at least $467,585.

Those costs are split between Secret Service expenses and expenses for the flight and flight crew.

Secret Service costs totaled nearly $255,000, according to Judicial Watch.

Based on Pentagon estimates of flight costs, another $199,000 went toward the flight from the United States to Mallorca and back. On top of that were various expenses for the 15-person flight crew. They stayed at a local motel at a cost of roughly $10,000, according to Judicial Watch, in addition to money spent on rental cars and food.

A representative from the first lady's office has not yet responded to a request for comment from FoxNews.com.

At the time of the Spanish getaway, the White House described the vacation as a private trip and said the first lady and others would be paying their own expenses.

But while the first lady is not technically an elected official, any trip away from Washington comes with inevitable costs borne by the taxpayer -- such as Secret Service protection. The same was true for previous first ladies.

Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton invoked the recent scandal involving the General Services Administration's costly conference in the Las Vegas area in chastising the president's family for the trip.

"The American people can ill afford to keep sending the First Family on vacations around the globe," he said in a written statement. "There needs to be greater sensitivity to the costs borne by taxpayers for these personal trips. It is hypocritical for President Obama to fire GSA officials for wasteful conference spending, while his family went on a luxury vacation in the Costa del Sol Spain that cost taxpayers nearly half a million dollars."

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/04/26/michelle-obama-spain-vacation-cost-taxpayers-nearly-470g-watchdog-group-claims/?test=latestnews#ixzz1tCPzjPkW

Michelle is where Mr Neely from the GSA got his "I know I'm bad but why not enjoy it while it last" attitude. Money has no value to people like them when they think they have an endless supply of somebody elses to burn through.

Michelle could care less about what her White House Lifestyle cost the US Tax Payer as she and her husband see themselves as above the law and ENTITLED to what ever they want. :x

She is just trying to get as much use out of the US dollar that she can before her husband and his cohorts drive it down far enough to be worth nothing.

I have'nt been alive long enough to have firsthand memories of too many first ladies, but I can remember a few. This woman does not even deserve the title of "First Lady". I have seen better examples of being a lady on the Springer show. This broad is a classless act. She has no compassion for the American people at all. Listening to her speak leads me to believe that she is'nt very intelligent. She may be educated, but education does not necessarily equate to intelligence. For anyone with experience training colts, it is not hard to see by her expressions and actions, that she is one rank bitch. If she were a horse, you would constantly see the whites around her eyes, her ears laid back with her teeth beared. She would be stompin around trying to strike and the whole time you would hear her blowin' rollers. She would be the type to have six or eight brands on her because nobody else could get along with her.

Knowing that people are in bad shape in this country and still flaunting her privilege just goes to show her lack of class. She can't even set an example for her own issues that she preaches about. I have seen copies of menus for her parties as well as what she feasts on when she is on another vacation. She comes across as someone from the projects who has just won the lottery. The only difference is, it will be all of us who are broke in just a short time. I could'nt stand Hillary when Clinto was president, but this big- butted broad makes her look like Mother Teresa. She is a good example of the ills this nation suffers.

Ok, rant over.

Tex

You are wrong on one point Tex she would only have one brand, as any self respecting horse person would not wish anything that vile on another.

Other than that I think you hit the nail on the head. :wink:

What gets me about this story is, this was ONE $500,000 vacation of many vacations that racked up MILLIONS on the tax payer dime taken by her and her family. It is not even bad enough that they take these vacations in struggling times, BUT THEY TAKE SEPERATE JETS, when they are going to the same destination. :mad:

Today the Dems were trying to defend this story and all they could say was the Obama's live in a very stressful situation :cry: and they deserve to get away for some R and R. :cry:

But hey when it was Bush, he and Laura should have just stayed in DC and stop wasting money flying to THEIR OWN RANCH. :roll: Does anyone even know, have the Obama's retreated to their Chicago mansion for any R and R since they moved to DC and started putting their vacations on the tax payers tag? I'm betting the dust in that house is about an inch thick and undistrubed.

These multi million dollar trips the Obama's take are proof the Dems are HYPOCRITES.

There is something else that should be pointed out. GW Bush felt it would look bad for the President to be playing golf while soldiers were on the battlefield, so he quit playing golf. This twit could care less what it looks like, he is going to play on every ritzy golf course he can force his way into before the voters take his get in free card away. They have absolutely no respect for the office or for those who they are to be representing while occupying the PEOPLE HOUSE. :mad:

I found it quite comical when Obama was on Jimmy Fellons show this week and the next night Jimmy commented about having him on and how they did the skit and had a long chat. He then said the whole time he was thinking to himself "DON'T YOU HAVE A COUNTRY TO RUN". To bad he hadn't asked Obama that on camera I'm betting the answer would have been the same as when he was on Letterman, "I'd rather be here than in DC."

loomixguy said:
Waiting to see just how Old Whskey Breath defends his First Lady's actions....... :evil: :roll:

IF he dares to say anything at all

He will either follow the rest of the Koolaid drinkers and claim the Obama's deserve to get away as they have a very STRESSFUL LIFE :cry: :roll:

Or he will distract the topic by bringing up how many times Bush flew to his Ranch. Of course he will not mention how many times the Bushs entertained Heads of States at the ranch.

OR BOTH :wink:

tumbleweed_texn said:
She would be the type to have six or eight brands on her because nobody else could get along with her.

That is what happens when you let a bunch of greenie weenies in power, they shut down the plants.

Latest posts