• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

1130/1135 Massey Question

Help Support Ranchers.net:

DiamondSCattleCo

Reaction score
My 1130 Massey has a slow leak in one of the back tires, and the tire is so worn out, its just not worth fixing. Its a 23.1-34, an oddball size, and a new tire is $1400. Since both tires are poor, I'd be looking at $2800, plus changeover, etc etc etc. I can't find anything used.

Of the guys around the coffee shop table said that the rims on my 1135 (with 38" rims) would bolt right on, as all that was different was that the wheel chocks were simply longer to act as spacers. I got looking, and sure enough, the chocks were simply longer to spacer the rim away from the hub, however the hub itself had spots machined away for a shoulder on the chock to sit into. So no go there, as my 1130 doesn't have the machined out hub.

But then I got looking a little further, and noticed that the hubs themselves appear to only be held on by 4 bolts, and the bolt pattern seems to match up between the 1130 and 1135. So has anyone ever swapped rims between these two tractors. Any gotchas? Anything I'm missing? Something hidden in behind a wheel weight thats going to make me wish I'd simply dished out the 3 grand for new 38s?

Rod

Rod,

HAve you tried calling a combine wrecker? We ve got a 1680 and it has the exact size of tires on it. Lots of burned combines in the country with decent tires on them. Might save you some dollars.

Yeah I tried every wrecker I could find in Saskatchewan to no avail. Of course, after I spent almost an entire day on the phone, my father calls me up and tells me he found 4 of them in a retired farmers yard. Not in the greatest shape, apparently (neither of us has seen em yet), but we get our choice best 2 of the 4 for a hundred bucks. It'll work for me until I find 38" rims with the hubs from an 1135 and do the conversion. Of course, if the hydraulic pump keeps gettin weaker, she may just join the boneyard.

Rod

Latest posts