• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

13 year old takes off on spring break trip to Mexico.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Steve

Reaction score
I can agree with not reporting this until after she returns for security reasons.. .

but when a child steps out on the public dime... the public should be informed..

The White House is now confirming that it asked media organizations to pull a report about Malia Obama's school trip.

"From the beginning of the administration, the White House has asked news outlets not to report on or photograph the Obama children when they are not with their parents and there is no vital news interest," Kristina Schake, Communications Director to the First Lady, told me via email. "We have reminded outlets of this request in order to protect the privacy and security of these girls."

On Monday, the AFP reported that Obama's daughter was on a school trip along with a number of friends and 25 Secret Service agents. The story was picked up by Yahoo, the Huffington Post, and the International Business Times, as well as UK publications like the Daily Mail and the Telegraph and other overseas publications like The Australian.

But on Monday night, the story had been removed from those sites .

a 13 year old on a spring break trip to Mexico... without the privilege of a team of secret service agents would not be advisable or allowed by most parents...

how many armored vehicles did your kids have with them on spring break? Malia has three.

Could it be they are doing like Letterman said. Looking for A Rodriquez.+.
I can say that can't I, Bill Maher and ot seem to think it's ok

the White House breaks their own news ban....

News of Malia's visit to Oaxaca, along with 12 friends and an army of 25 body guards in tow, was virtually washed from the Internet yesterday after the White House requested that all articles be taken down.

Today's a different story said:
Malia Obama safe after Mexico earthquake

The White House does not traditionally discuss the Obama children, but broke with the policy to announce that Malia Obama is safe. Word of her trip to Mexico was reported by a number of media outlets on Monday, though CBS News has not reported her trip until now.

The Monday reports prompted the first lady's office to reach out to media outlets and ask them to pull the stories, which many elected to do. In order to protect the "privacy and security" of the first daughters, the first lady's office said, it was reiterating its longstanding request that news organizations not "report on or photograph the Obama children when they are not with their parents and there is no vital news interest."

Malia, 13, is reportedly in the Mexican state of Oaxaca on the school trip. The U.S. Geological Survey said the earthquake was felt strongly in Oaxaca, according to the Associated Press.

About 6,780,000 results

now it is news?

Latest posts