• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

18,000 Unfilled Jobs!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

hypocritexposer said:
Besides the tax revenue from those working, these oil companies become some of the largest taxpayers within any state/province they cross.

the XL pipeline will add $billions to the tax revenue coffers, provide 20,000 jobs in the US alone and provide the oil that is now being supplied by a couple of contracts coming to an end.

obama has said that he will "personally decide". Let's hope he makes the correct decision.....but I fear he will put it off as long as possible to appease his base. A couple of negatives with that scenario......losses to Trans Canada Pipeline ($ 1 million per day) and the possibility that they decide to do something else with the pipeline, like making a right turn at the border and shipping the oil to China/Asia

Since when does Obama decide this? I thought it was up to Hillary.
That's where all the communication has been directed.

Oh brother...Obama will personally decide... :mad: I've got a
good idea how that will turn out. He can't make his mind up about
anything important. This is scary, folks. Lots of business, commerce
and jobs are hanging in the balance. Do you really think he cares?

Sometimes, I'm not sure he cares about his job...but I know
he doesn't care about US jobs.

I think the people that own him have bigger plans for him
than another presidency and that's partly why he doesn't care...

I wonder what these greenie protesters will do when
there are no jobs and oil from the Mideast is no longer affordable:

WASHINGTON (AP) — Thousands of protesters gathered in Lafayette Square across from the White House on Sunday to oppose a plan for a transnational oil pipeline they fear could harm the environment.

At one point, the crowd linked hands to surround the White House, keeping up pressure on President Barack Obama as his administration decides whether to approve the massive Keystone XL project.

Demonstrators chanted "yes we can, stop the pipeline," while other protesters carried a plastic tube simulating the pipeline that would run 1,700 miles through six states. The protest drew support from actor Mark Ruffalo, Presidential Medal of Freedom winner John Adams and NASA scientist James Hansen, each of whom spoke to the crowd.

The proposed pipeline by developer TransCanada would carry oil derived from tar sands in Alberta, Canada, to refineries in Houston and Port Arthur, Texas. Opponents say it would bring "dirty oil" that requires huge amounts of energy to extract and could cause an ecological disaster in case of a spill. They are calling on Obama to block the $7 billion project, which is currently being reviewed by the State Department.

Obama missed most of the protest while he played golf at Fort Belvoir in Virginia during the afternoon.

Dan Quigley, a freshman at St. Michael's College in Colchester, Vermont, traveled by bus with about 40 students to attend the protest. The 19-year-old said the pipeline could have an adverse effect on greenhouse gases and pose a hazard to water supplies.

"It's putting a lot of time and effort into something that's pulling us into a wrong direction," he said. "If we are going to do anything this large scale it has to be something that's proactive for helping the environment."

TransCanada spokesman James Millar said the pipeline would help reduce American dependence on oil from the Middle East and Venezuela while creating thousands of new construction and manufacturing jobs.

"Killing Keystone just leads to more of the same — hundreds of oil tankers shipping millions of barrels of higher priced oil across our oceans to American shores," Millar said in a statement.

Bill McKibben, founder of the climate safety grassroots movement 350.org, said demonstrators hoped Obama would live up to the image that helped him win election in 2008.

"He's completely capable of doing the right thing," McKibben said.
@yahoonews on Twitter, become a fan on Facebook ..

Opponents say it would bring "dirty oil" that requires huge amounts of energy to extract

how much energy does it take to get oil to the US from the Middle East? Will the environmentalists take into account the wars that they rail against in their figuring?

hypocritexposer said:
Opponents say it would bring "dirty oil" that requires huge amounts of energy to extract

how much energy does it take to get oil to the US from the Middle East? Will the environmentalists take into account the wars that they rail against in their figuring?

That would make too much sense... :mad:

Just a thought, but how much of these new wells being drilled in OT's backyard can be attributed to that "secret meeting" Bush had with the oil executives?

:lol: :lol:

hypocritexposer said:

I'll take dirty oil from a friend over blood soaked middle east oil any day...

Steve said:
no I think Ms Sage was saying your doing exactly what you have been complaining about for the last few years..

This was the best line in the entire thread, but unfortunately went unnoticed or unappreciated.

For those of you who question OT's motives for charging his neighbors more for winter feeding, rest assured that he's only acting in the best interest of the community as a whole.

Steve said:
hypocritexposer said:

Thats kind of what all the locals are saying- no matter if they've branded themselves to a political cult or not ----and they are calling all the Soapweed type and midwesterner type "conservatives" that crawled in bed and cuddled up to the Greenie- Weenies as NIMBY's.....Especially when those same folks fight all restrictions so they can drain the Ogalla Aquifer-- but now cry and whine when the country asks for them to put up- or shut up-- and support local domestic oil and oil from our friendly neighbors rather than sending the finest of our young folks to die in overseas oil wars....

PURE HYPOCRITS !!! :( :( :mad:

Oldtimer said:
Steve said:
hypocritexposer said:

Thats kind of what all the locals are saying- no matter if they've branded themselves to a political cult or not ----and they are calling all the Soapweed type and midwesterner type "conservatives" that crawled in bed and cuddled up to the Greenie- Weenies as NIMBY's.....Especially when those same folks fight all restrictions so they can drain the Ogalla Aquifer-- but now cry and whine when the country asks for them to put up- or shut up-- and support local domestic oil and oil from our friendly neighbors rather than sending the finest of our young folks to die in overseas oil wars....

funny how you refer to Canada as your friendly neighbors when it comes to oil....but not when it comes to our beef.....that would fall under the pure hyrocrites heading would it not?......just sayin' :roll:

Oldtimer said:
Steve said:
hypocritexposer said:

I am not for throwing caution out the door..

the plan has to be looked at and scrutinized.. nothing wrong with that.. and who better then those most affected, the ranchers, and farmers who's land it goes by.. I would be concerned about a pipeline over the aquifer as well, calling them hypocrites for thinking independently seems a little harsh..

there will always be an impact.. the goal of all should be to minimize the impact.. not stop it outright..

The State Department is considering rerouting TransCanada Corp.'s proposed $7 billion Keystone XL pipeline to avoid ecologically sensitive areas of Nebraska, a U.S. official said on Tuesday.

The State Department has been weighing issues raised in public meetings and talks with officials in six states that would be affected "including whether to consider a rerouting of the Keystone XL pipeline away from an environmentally delicate area of Nebraska," the official said.

A decision to consider an alternative route would require an environmental impact study on the new segment of the pipeline, the official said. Such a move could delay a final decision on whether to go forward on the pipeline.

Nebraska lawmakers are considering legislation to regulate the pipeline and possibly force TransCanada Corp to move its route away from the state's ecologically sensitive Sand Hills region and Ogallala aquifer, a major source of drinking and irrigation water for several states.

The $7 billion project would take 700,000 barrels per day or more from Canada's oil sands in the province of Alberta through six states to refineries in Texas.

TransCanada said last month that it was too late in the federal approval process to move the proposed path for the line.

its-the-1661-mile-keystone-gulf-coast-expansion-project-that-is-under-review.jpg

there are literally 100s of pipelines that already cross the Ogallala aquifer

The Keystone XL pipeline would cross the Ogallala Aquifer for some 250 miles. To help put this number in perspective, there are currently almost 21,000 miles of pipelines crossing Nebraska, including almost 3,000 miles of hazardous liquid pipelines. Many miles of these pipelines co-exist with the Ogallala Aquifer. In addition, oil wells have been drilled and are in production within areas overlying the Ogallala Aquifer, including in western Nebraska.

http://www.keystonexlnebraska.com/the-facts/the-ogallala-aquifer/pipeline-safety-and-ogallala-aquifer

I'm trying to find a "postable map" of the pipelines that are already in existence, but the only ones I can find so far are too small to see anything.

Until then here's an ad, featuring an ogallala aquifer, talking about the pipeline (University of Nebraska-Lincoln Professor Emeritus and Hydrogeologist Jim Goeke spent 41 years studying the unique structure of the Ogallala aquifer.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCTGMFAIYRg

Soap, is that one of your windmills in the ad?

Oldtimer said:

What does Soapweed have to do with this discussion? I went back through the entire thread and he hasn't even posted.

By the way, Yanuck asked you a question. :lol:

(It's nice to see you back, Yanuck.)

Texan said:
Oldtimer said:

What does Soapweed have to do with this discussion? I went back through the entire thread and he hasn't even posted.

If you have followed the last few weeks discussion on the subject-- some of the holier than thou "supposed conservative" (that included Soapweed) is one of those NIMBY's that promotes drill baby drill-- but not in my back yard-- and have crawled into bed with and snuggled up to the Greenie Weenies trying to stop the project.....
HYPOCRITS!!!

As far as Yanucks question-- I have no problem with Canadian beef-- the same as Mexican, Australian, Chinese, Egyptian, Libyan, etal of the 40+ countries we import beef products from -- As long as they support-agree to-- and the US government requires transparency and total Country of Origin Labeling for the food products our consumers buy (and have been asking for).... Just sticking a USDA stamp on imported products that have never been inspected by a USDA employee doesn't cut it...Especially when we have seen all the health issues involved with imported food products...
Our beef deserves better.....

Just like they will identify and send loads of Canadian oil sand oil thru the pipeline- and then put in a pig - and send loads of US/Bakken field oil- the oil will be identified for the purchaser.... Why not the food we eat ?

If they can segregate and identify where the oil comes from-- it should be no difference for the the beef/food consumer- especially those that no longer want to buy food from foreign countries that have endangered their families....

Oldtimer said:
Texan said:
Oldtimer said:

If you have followed the last few weeks discussion on the subject-- some of the holier than thou "supposed conservative" (that included Soapweed) is one of those NIMBY's that promotes drill baby drill-- but not in my back yard-- and have crawled into bed with and snuggled up to the Greenie Weenies trying to stop the project.....
HYPOCRITS!!!

As far as Yanucks question-- I have no problem with Canadian beef-- the same as Mexican, Australian, Chinese, Egytian, Libyan, etal of the 40+ countries we import beef products from -- As long as they support-agree to-- and the US government requires transparency and total Country of Origin Labeling for the food products our consumers buy (and have been asking for).... Just sticking a USDA stamp on imported products that have never been inspected by a USDA employee doesn't cut it...Especially when we have seen all the health issues involved with imported food products...

Just like they will identify and send loads of Canadian oil sand oil thru the pipeline- and then put in a pig - and send loads of US/Bakken field oil- the oil will be identified for the purchaser.... Why not the food we eat ?

If they can segregate and identify where the oil comes from-- it should be no difference for the the beef/food consumer- especially those that no longer want to buy food from foreign countries that have endangered their families....

Just like a big bin of hamburg, how are you going to say where the oil came from when the oil from 10 countries is blended into one big storage container?

Were you not the one that was saying that the XL pipline was going to be used to ship oil from Baker, Montana? Tell us how you are going to determine which Country the oil came from when it reaches the Gulf coast for refining.......

For some reason you don't realize the similarities in "pipelines"

Is the gas you use in your truck labelled as "multi Country origin"?

Oldtimer said:
Texan said:
Oldtimer said:

HYPOCRITS!!!

As far as Yanucks question-- I have no problem with Canadian beef-- the same as Mexican, Australian, Chinese, Egyptian, Libyan, etal of the 40+ countries we import beef products from -- As long as they support-agree to-- and the US government requires transparency and total Country of Origin Labeling for the food products our consumers buy (and have been asking for).... Just sticking a USDA stamp on imported products that have never been inspected by a USDA employee doesn't cut it...Especially when we have seen all the health issues involved with imported food products...

You are a real piece of work, Oldtimer, and a daft old fool as far as I am concerned. Here are my very words on the subject from a previous post. Once again, I will reinstate, I have no land affected by the proposed pipeline, but IF I DID, I would be in favor of it. My son and I had a discussion on this subject just this morning, and I told him that I AM IN FAVOR OF THE PIPELINE. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Soapweed said:
Oldtimer said:
Buyer said:
Yes I know that Bakken oil will be in that pipeline they need it to make it flow. Im not aginst the pipeline just where they want to put it. If the shoe was on the other foot and it was your water then what?

I have one pipeline going just north of me...It was built in the early 80's.. I had concerns when they first announced it and were building it-- but today IF you didn't know where it was (and even sometimes when you do) IF it wasn't for the intermittent signs they put up marking it you couldn't find it....
And it was a huge boost to the local economy- with some of the highest paying jobs both while they were building it and for permanent maintenance folks....

The XL is proposed to go thru just south west of one of my pastures- it will go under the Missouri river just east of me- and I gain nothing personally from it (actually probably lose from the prices the stores will charge for things during the days of construction and the huge influx of people with the planned mancamps) - but I have no fears of it and support it 110%....From what I've seen of their preplanning- and meeting the most stringent of enviromental regulations I have no worries...And I'm not a Koch supporter- just like some of my posts have said....

Either we move forward as a country and survive/thrive- or we wilt on the vine further and let these other countries pass as by as the superpowers...

So I hope I never hear another Nebraskan bitch about their gas, fuel oil, energy, or cake prices !!!

You are kind of a pure grade A basket case, Oldtimer. I try to refrain from personal attacks, but your fancy opinion of yourself and your Liberal stupidity tends to get real old real fast. For the record, I don't have any land that is affected by the pipeline, but IF I DID, I would probably be in favor of having it cross our ranch. Maybe there would even be a service road that would make getting to our far pastures much easier. Since I don't have any land affected by the pipeline, I don't feel it is any of my business what the ones that do have think about the situation.

You Liberals have always complained about the "pack mentality" of the Conservatives. You are the ones that have the pack mentality. You think just because I live in Nebraska, I am automatically against the pipeline. As far as "bitching about gas, fuel, energy, or cake prices," my comment wasn't meant to be complaining. I was merely pointing out that just because cattle prices are up twenty percent from a year ago, with cake prices up fifty percent, and fuel prices up significantly, the extra twenty percent doesn't go as far as one would think it would. Your moderator methods of deleting posts that don't make you look good are typical of any other Liberal elitist. You want everyone to "follow the rules" but yourself. You are disgusting.

Latest posts