• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

18,000 Unfilled Jobs!

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Already been posted......

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=54713

Let's see if you can keep the discussion "non-political", so you don't have to delete posts or move the thread, like you quite often do

Since it is this way in ND, why can't it be that way in the other states that have oil/gas? Let them drill and make pipe lines. Build more refineries. Just think what it would do. It stems through nearly every aspect. If you dont want to work in the oli fields, just look what it does to all the other industries like food, trucking, hotel, gas stations, mechanics, fencing, clothing, etc. This only took a few years to get to where ND is now. Look where the country would be if some of these other states would be able to work their oil or natural gas(the majority of the states have natural gas they could go after). Plus then we wouldn't have to rely on countries that hate us. It is a no brainer!!!

BRG said:
Since it is this way in ND, why can't it be that way in the other states that have oil/gas? Let them drill and make pipe lines. Build more refineries. Just think what it would do. It stems through nearly every aspect. If you dont want to work in the oli fields, just look what it does to all the other industries like food, trucking, hotel, gas stations, mechanics, fencing, clothing, etc. This only took a few years to get to where ND is now. Look where the country would be if some of these other states would be able to work their oil or natural gas(the majority of the states have natural gas they could go after). Plus then we wouldn't have to rely on countries that hate us. It is a no brainer!!!

Well its definitely expanding west into MT....Drilling new wells around here now...Tuesday I saw the seismograph trucks working some state land a couple miles from our place...
Like the fella said in the video- just not enough rigs, employees, trucks, etc to move any faster....

One of the guys that made his fortune in the oil business is building a new Million $ + log house on the lake...The crew they brought in to build that had a tough time finding a place to stay...

BRG said:

I recall Shawn Hannity saying Canada was in a recession
a few years ago...and they drilled their way out of it.
Yep, BRG, I agree....it's a no brainer. It can be done to protect
the environment, we know enough to do that. Crazy how some
people think. "Think"....wrong choice of words, they don't think...

Americans are now paying other countries some $1.15 billion per day for continued dependence upon foreign oil.

On a yearly basis, that amounts to some $421 billion for foreign crude.

The United States reported a trade deficit equivalent to 45.6 Billion USD in August of 2011. (est 547.2 annual)

lets see even with these rough numbers.. .. oil is a HUGE part of our trade deficit..

if we put $38.6 billion into gas infrastructure loans and grants would it cost $5.5 million per job?

is the math that difficult for Obama?

Oldtimer said:
BRG said:

Well its definitely expanding west into MT....Drilling new wells around here now...Tuesday I saw the seismograph trucks working some state land a couple miles from our place...
Like the fella said in the video- just not enough rigs, employees, trucks, etc to move any faster....

One of the guys that made his fortune in the oil business is building a new Million $ + log house on the lake...The crew they brought in to build that had a tough time finding a place to stay...

Don't know why it would be so busy around Glasgow now? The oil show on the radio at noon said 138 rigs drilling in ND and 8 in Montana. :? I know some of those 8 are down around Sidney.
They also said it looks like some rigs are going to be moving down to a play spanning the ND/SD border. They figure only 1/3 of the oil in the Bakken.

Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:
BRG said:

Don't know why it would be so busy around Glasgow now? The oil show on the radio at noon said 138 rigs drilling in ND and 8 in Montana. :? I know some of those 8 are down around Sidney.
They also said it looks like some rigs are going to be moving down to a play spanning the ND/SD border. They figure only 1/3 of the oil in the Bakken.

Well I wouldn't believe what all those oil shows tell you- as I know of 2 rigs within 10 miles of Glasgow right on Hwy 2.... At least 2 different companies I know of in here drilling wells in the area....

The local job service has a stack of job listings about as thick as a telephone book....I'm already feeding cows and calving for one neighbor that has a job in the oil patch (lineman- working Sidney area and says they have 5 years work lined up ahead of them just to get power to the already proposed sites)--but today I had another a little further away ask if I could for him- as he had been offered a $ 2500-3000 a week job in the Plentywood area with the oil companies...
I told him that as the price/wages of all other jobs goes up-- so does feeding/wintering/calving prices/wages ... :wink:

Well I wouldn't believe what all those oil shows tell you- as I know of 2 rigs within 10 miles of Glasgow right on Hwy 2.... At least 2 different companies I know of in here drilling wells in the area....

Wasn't very long ago that you was telling Mike that he needed to watch more tv to get his information right :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Guess it is ok for you to get and give information from TV but no one else can do so because it just is not true :roll: :roll: :roll:
Must be hell being you

I told him that as the price/wages of all other jobs goes up-- so does feeding/wintering/calving prices/wages ...
So your going to charge more just because you can? OK now who are you going to share that with? You know you need to pay your fair share to those who wont work, so now you can give away MORE of that money your not doing anything more to earn it.

MsSage said:
I told him that as the price/wages of all other jobs goes up-- so does feeding/wintering/calving prices/wages ...
So your going to charge more just because you can? OK now who are you going to share that with? You know you need to pay your fair share to those who wont work, so now you can give away MORE of that money your not doing anything more to earn it.

I thought that was the capitalistic way- charge what the market would bear...Thats what the millionaire CEO's do...

So what you are saying is that when all other wages and service/equipment costs rise- which raises your expenses-- farm and ranch jobs/contractors should just grin and bear it and not make more to compensate for it too :???:

Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:

The local job service has a stack of job listings about as thick as a telephone book....I'm already feeding cows and calving for one neighbor that has a job in the oil patch (lineman- working Sidney area and says they have 5 years work lined up ahead of them just to get power to the already proposed sites)--but today I had another a little further away ask if I could for him- as he had been offered a $ 2500-3000 a week job in the Plentywood area with the oil companies...
I told him that as the price/wages of all other jobs goes up-- so does feeding/wintering/calving prices/wages ... :wink:

Maybe I heard them wrong as here on the active drilling list for North Dakota lists 195 active rigs,https://www.dmr.nd.gov/oilgas/riglist.asp

Maybe you can find a link to Montana's number other wise I'll stick to what I heard on the "OIL SHOW" :?

Yep that is exactly what oldtimer is doing be a total HYPOCRITE!!!Go back to the waterhole oldtimer , that way you can pay for them to agree with you by buying their drinks
:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Must be hell being a loser like you!!!~

Big Muddy rancher said:
Oldtimer said:
Big Muddy rancher said:

Maybe I heard them wrong as here on the active drilling list for North Dakota lists 195 active rigs,https://www.dmr.nd.gov/oilgas/riglist.asp

Maybe you can find a link to Montana's number other wise I'll stick to what I heard on the "OIL SHOW" :?

I once outlined the official numbers and even provided a link to the rig counts, but OT will only believe what he hears at the local watering hole.

Baker Hughes Rig Counts

MONTANA 8

N DAKOTA 189

http://investor.shareholder.com/bhi/rig_counts/rc_index.cfm

But BMR, looks like the "radio show" was only correct about the low number of rigs in Montana and incorrect on the high number in ND. :lol:

hypocritexposer said:
Mike said:
The drilling permits applied for now are a fraction of what they were during 2005.

Ya, but that was when Bush was helping out his "oil buddies" by raising the price of oil :lol: :lol:

How could I ever forget? :lol: :lol:

If the price of oil goes down much, those folks up there will shut those rigs down so fast you'll think they are racing to get out of there.

If oil wasn't so expensive, they wouldn't be there to start with.........

Latest posts