• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

2nd Annual Coyote Calling Contest

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Please LB, explain to me how you can be taken seriously with your signs that read " SD lockout, NO HUNTGING" and get your neighbors all worked up and then turn around and say that coyote hunting is ok? What if your neighbor who is in the "Movement" decides to allow deer and not antelope or the other way around. wouldnt you be somewhat upset with them? Whats the use of organizing if you dont follow the rules, especially if you are somewhat a leader of this movement. It is total hypocricy. change the rules as you go.

I also take offense to the slob hunter remark. Thats like me calling you a slob landowner. I wouldnt do that because i dont know you or your ranching habits. Again, time and time again, you contradict yourself over this issue......do as i say, not as i do should be your motto. No hunting means no hunting and you will never be taken seriously if you dont stand your ground. Private land is just that, private, but the critters are everyones. I can assure you this everyone, $$$ is the driving force here. As sood as the GFP decides to ask when going onto private land to do compliance checks (which will never ever happen) your orginization will then turn and say they must have "x" amount of tags to sell to their customers because people out west feel they are their animals since they feed them and give them shelter. They knew coming in those critters were there, now they feel like they are theirs. this entire deal came over the fact that someone, i believe a coyote hunter shot a coyote on the wrong land and someone took offense to it. Just like they would if it was a deer, but some people clasify coyotes different than the next person. Just like some clasify prarie dogs different. No hunting is no hunting people. either follow your guidlines or quit your BS lockout!

You say the reason you are locking out is because that is the only way to keep the gfp off your land. I would love to see the gfp come see the licenses of those on your land hunting.....besides with lockout signs, wouldnt the gfp think they are tresspassing because your land is locked out? Wouldnt that itself make them think someone is breaking the law?

What's wrong with the southdakota rancher being compensated for allowing strangers on his land?
Here in Texas where 98% of the land is privately owned paid hunting is the norm,I have had several doctors hunt my places after they pay for the privelege,wonder how many patients they see for free,same theory...............good luck
PS if the south dakota ranchers can use a lock out to generate ranch income,I say "give em hell,liberty belle" :wink:

Come on Southdakotahunter, you can't possibly be so dense you can't understand that I don't care what any other landowner does on his or her own land? It's none of my business and it sure as heck isn't any of YOUR business what private landowners do with the land they own and pay taxes on.

If you took offense to the slob hunter remark, that's wonderful, because my comments were aimed squarely at you, Tony Dean and GF&P. It's always nice to hit what I aim at.

Those were some pretty courageous statements you made about me on Tony Dean's website. Why did you ask him so many times to withhold your name? Scared of what an old grandma might say about you?

This will probably come as a total shock to you, but I don't give a rat's patooty what you think of me, other landowners, the lockout, private ownership of land, or the price of tea in China.

I told you what you could do with your opinions didn't I? Maybe a good lubricant will help you put them in that dark place.

Now can we get back to coyote calling?

Not a thing is wrong with that.....everyone needs to make a buck and take care of themself and their familys. All i am saying is that their "excuses" they use is a front for $$$......If they would just come out and say it is a $ issue, no prob, but they blame it on other stuff!

Thanks for the note of encouragement HAY MAKER. There is no way in the world that the lockout could be used to generate ranch income though. We already have the right to charge hunters if we want, we just have never wanted to. All the lockout is designed to do is keep GF&P from abusing our property rights and its working quite well, thank you.

Did you read the earlier remarks from TWOROPES about your game department's "vast powers of search and seizure"? Is that total BS? How about his claim that your game and fish has such good relations with landowners? Totalitarian police powers and good landowner relations seldom, if ever, go hand in hand so I am curious if his statements are true. If they are, why would a bunch of freedom loving Texans allow these actions by any governmental agency, much less the deer police?

I guarantee its not me who replied to dean..... i just read the site, not reply. i have replied to your site you have on the "lockout" but you no longer have a message board. I used the name Pauly on the other board and you all accused me of being everything from dean, the gov, the gfp, a legislator, everything except what i am, a law abiding citizen/outdoor enthusiest who knows those are my critters on your land as much as they are yours...they are everyones. Hunters need to ask permission but the gfp should never have to. I have never ever heard of the gfp coming into someones house, tracking mud, sitting down for coffey, going through the freezer and such without a reason.....and i guarantee they wouldnt be doing nothin but checking the freezer. they have checked if they are givin a tip......but otherwise they dont randomly enter houses and check freezers. thats a lie.

Liberty Belle said:
Thanks for the note of encouragement HAY MAKER. There is no way in the world that the lockout could be used to generate ranch income though. We already have the right to charge hunters if we want, we just have never wanted to. All the lockout is designed to do is keep GF&P from abusing our property rights and its working quite well, thank you.

Did you read the earlier remarks from TWOROPES about your game department's "vast powers of search and seizure"? Is that total BS? How about his claim that your game and fish has such good relations with landowners? Totalitarian police powers and good landowner relations seldom, if ever, go hand in hand so I am curious if his statements are true. If they are, why would a bunch of freedom loving Texans allow these actions by any governmental agency, much less the deer police?

No I did'nt read his post,and to be honest I am really not up to speed on
all the legalities involved,guess I never had cause.
Around here everybody has hunters and it all seems to be working well,we comply with all game laws and have never really had a problem with game wardens,I believe it's differnt in some of the northern states where you have a vast amount of government land for hunters,seems to give some hunters an attitude like I dont need the rancher's land to hunt,there is plenty of government land to hunt on?
Where as down here there is none,and believe me hunters here will bend over backwards for the privelege to hunt,have had a few give me Xmas presents,offer to help with chores off season etc.because they realize hunting leases in Texas are hard to come by,none of this"well we will just go hunt in area "58" next week.
As I say fee hunting in TX is the norm,and is promoted state wide with hunter appreciation suppers contests,yes hunting is big business in Texas :wink:
PS I will add "private property rights are alive and well in Texas"and defended well.

I understand haymaker......Up here, the hunters do respect the landownder and their land. THe game fish and parks department does respect the landowner...its just that there are a few bad eggs out there just like there are a few bad cops here and there and they need to be weeded out. Around here many hunters do give $, do give gifts and do help out around the farm. not all but it sure is not unheard of, unlike some make it sound

Southdakotahunter said:
I understand haymaker......Up here, the hunters do respect the landownder and their land. THe game fish and parks department does respect the landowner...its just that there are a few bad eggs out there just like there are a few bad cops here and there and they need to be weeded out. Around here many hunters do give $, do give gifts and do help out around the farm. not all but it sure is not unheard of, unlike some make it sound

Well,I hope it works out for everyone concerned,hunting season should be enjoyed by everyone,I know in TX it's a big deal,hunters coming and going,buying supplies and just generally pumping dollars into "small town" America,its a win win situation for all...............good luck SDhunter.

yep....its win win for everyone......just get out and enjoy and get to know a landowner. I will admit i hunt 75% public for deer and 50% public for pheasants. You should come up and go pheasant hunting some time. you would have a ball. there is plenty of public land to hunt or there is alot of lodges also, but often if you ask, most will let you hunt if you are just curtious and shut gates behind you and be safe. I can tell you it is a drop in the bucket the amount that have locked out and most of those didnt allow hunting in the first place so it was no real loss to the sportsman or the gfp to have those participate. Where it will get real interesting will be IF they have a hard winter because the gfp wont help those out who dont allow hunting since they had the chance to help thin the herd in the first place. (now i did it, now you are going to here from LB about how the gfp dont help anyone....you just wait!)

Liberty Belle your my type of gal....you'd fit in at my familes house anytime.

As far as all this topic goes...its amazing how LB simply advertising a coyote calling contest has exploded into this....but thats typical on these type of deals.

My family don't allow no outside hunters what so ever.....a few close family friends and thats it! Anyone else will get a shotgun to the guts if they enter the ranch wanting to hunt.

Since the ranch is along Lake Oahe we can't control the boat hunters who come each year deer hunting, but we can damn sure patrol the private land keeping the bastards on the government property! Most of them damn hunters think that the government land is as far as they can walk in a day or wherever they get there deer...whichever comes first!

The funny part is, is that when we do patrol the land during season...you'll see them hunters way off government property walking and hunting.....well as soon as they see your 4-wheeler or pickup they haul ass so fast back towards the water they look like school girls running to Wal-mart to shop for clothes or something. They KNOW that they are on private land but yet figure gee look how much land is here and we are in the middle of nowhere, so no one will know or care....WRONG! They don't understand why we get upset about it, but how would they like it if I went to their little .45 acres of lot they call home in town and walked all over their yard, picked up their rocks and took a crap on their lawn. They'd call the law in about two seconds....its no difference with ranchers...just that their yard is a little bigger. :wink: :wink:

Anyway...you go Liberty Belle...i'm backing ya 8)

Although on our ranch up home they dont allow anyone to hunt anything..not even coyotes....they do a good job of that themselves :wink: My mom, dad and brother love to hunt them. My mom and dad go calling and set traps and snares and they manage their own coyote population. Don't need outside trash doing it for them.

PS: Look where SouthDakotaHunter is from Liberty Belle....that should explain a lot... :roll: :roll:

I believe, if you look back at the original post, it was brought to her attention that coyote hunting is hunting. She is advertizing the hunt which is fine and it would be fine if she she was not a hypocrit by promoting no hunting and saying how "no one will hunt" her land and now all of a sudden things change....still waiting for an explaination...oh by the way mr bid shooter texas dude......i know this will come to a suprise to you but there is what is called "corp" land along that river. You are absolutely right that it is a bad thing when people trespass and that it is. Trespassing is trespassing. If you dont have permission, you better not be there. I do know of the land you talk about because i fish that area and I really wish there were more signs put up by the gov to tell where the private starts and the public ends because that can be difficult but there is some beautiful country by sutton bay and little bend that can hold some nice ones but no deer or whatnot is worth trespassing. I really hope you are not serious about someone asking to hunt and you stick a shotgun in someones belly.......thats just plain assult with a deadly weapon. there is no need for that. a simple "no" is all it takes to tell someone they cant hunt. Its your land and you definetly have the right to refuse anyone access...except the gfp!

Southdakotahunter said:
oh ya.......it also explains alot about you too! where you are from and where you live now........thanks for clearing that up. By the way, i farm also!

Your come backs are so cute...i love em.

And yes Mr. East River Hunter guy i know there is "Corps" land around that damn lake hence why i used the term "Government" land...or did you miss that part?

oh ya, sorry tex..guess i misred that.............Is that supposed to be an insult, east river hunter? I take it as a complement. :D

Have a nice day Mr Tx.......... i am guessing your folks live on the west side of the river because if not they are all east river hunters also, but then again i would guess you would be complementing them also. Its too bad a couple bad experiences label everyone.....kind of like texas folk.

Southdakotahunter said:
oh ya, sorry tex..guess i misred that.............Is that supposed to be an insult, east river hunter? I take it as a complement. :D

Have a nice day Mr Tx.......... i am guessing your folks live on the west side of the river because if not they are all east river hunters also, but then again i would guess you would be complementing them also. Its too bad a couple bad experiences label everyone.....kind of like texas folk.

I grew up West River and no it wasn't a compliment. East River people will take it as that maybe but West River people will beable to sense my sarcaism. :lol:

But yeah the typical South Dakota battle between West River and East River people is always there. I grew up listening to west river people and was raised to think east river was a pit of sewage....then i went to SDSU to college and determined that all my west river friends were right!! haha :wink: :p :lol:

And yeah if you get out of the state of Texas its the same thing....no one likes Texas don't seem like. Instead of West vs. East river its more like Texas vs. The rest of the US. But since i've lived in Texas I don't mind it or the people as much......but I lived in East River South Dakota and still can't figure some of you out! You can keep your soy beans and hogs and corn and pheasants and corn palace and sioux falls! 8)

It should be changed to be West Dakota and East Dakota split by the Missouri River...haha...or just giving Sioux Falls to Iowa would improve South Dakota by quite a bit to.

I better shut up now ;)

hey hey....we agree on something! i often wondered how it would be if it was east dakota and west dakota......but give me a break...you are telling me dallas or houston or san antonio is a better place to be than East river? thats nuts....heck, if i go to Minneapolis for the weekend for a wedding or somethin i pull my hair out. besides, i would bet you still have some east river friends....come on pal, admit it! there are some good things east river. But us in east river feel alot of the same about west river. Most of my hunting buddys joke about how we need be sure to cover our ass when entering a westriver bar because all cowboys are checkin it out since they have to be tired of sheep and so few cowgirls around! ha ha ha I dont like sioux falls much either but sometimes you have to go there.....medical or whatnot

Latest posts