• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

4-H Steer; Which One?????

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I Luv Herfrds

Reaction score
My daughter picked steer 237

steers121212004.jpg

steers121212002.jpg

steers121212005.jpg

I like my bum calf Tick

steers121212006.jpg

steers121212007.jpg

steers121212013.jpg

Which one do you guys like?
Hey H'76 that bum is from Kelly's herd.

Why didn't you stop by the store in town and say Hi?

237 was poured in October. I poured Tick with Brute several times over the summer, but not recently.

sorry - i forget you are working there. next time

left my phone in the pickup at kellys - wish i would have got a picture of their heifers. he still had them all and they sure were nice.

Hard to tell from the pictures, the first calf looks like he has some grow in him decent bone, muscle and looks to have a clean neck. The second calf, the first couple pictures do not help him much, but the last picture makes him look like a tank. In that picture he looks deep sided, heavy muscled, and wide bodied. The other thing to consider is what do they weigh, how long until your fair, which one has the best chance of being ready at fair time.
Why not feed them both, take the best one to the fair, eat the other. 2 calves penned together usually do better than one when it comes to eating.

Tick was out of one of Kelly's first year heifers that died.

VCC the fair isn't til August. Got Gwen my milk cows calf with him right now. Sure funny this morning watch 237 chase her away from the alfalfa hay.

Latest posts