• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

4 years of pesterin...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Hereford76

Reaction score
finally paid off! settled in on the old bull pasture.

ya he's ulrich bred gcreek.

4-11-2013_zps92155473.jpg

4-11-2013a_zpseedc9b0a.jpg

4-11-2013b_zpsf0e6876a.jpg

4-11-2013c_zps94a870c5.jpg

Peter ulrich raised him. he is an et son of an old bull they raised early 70's. 2U chris.

ya that's a made in CAN stamp. can't wait to make the USA offspring.

i gotta share this story. my folks have been here last week or so. the other day i asked them to jump in the pickup and i wanted them to see the new bull. dad kept asking what he was on the way out there. i just kept saying just wait and see him first. we get out there and pull up beside him and dad just gets quite. then he says "he's a spittin image of the first ulrich bull that came here". he also got out of the pickup to looksee - so i know he liked him :D he also says - don't let him get near your old bulls or you'll have a heck of a fight and might get him hurt. you gotta be able to read between the lines with my old man... do you ever get to a day when you quit trying to get approval from your old man? :lol:

here's a picture of the first ulrich bull that came here born 72.

8D24.jpg

PureCountry said:
Wow 76, just WOW. That's about as chunky, bulky, deep, thick, masculine, long, muscled powerhouse, tank of a bull I've ever seen - in any breed. Way to go. Where'd he come from, and who is he?

thats pretty much what i said in my head when i first saw him even as a calf and everytime after. Peter ulrich raised him, his registered name is AGA 46E Britisher et 2U - born 2008.

[/url]

Now I can hardly wait to see what you get out of him Ace.
Sure liked Peters stock when I visited his place last year.

the old bull was nice and especially nice in his era but he can't carry water for the new bull in my opinion. Quite a nice bull ace.

Hereford 76,
"do you ever get to a day when you quit trying to get approval from your old man?"

That day will come. He'll be gone forever and you'll wish everyday he was back. Enjoy him. Appreciate him. Same goes for your Mom. :wink: I'd give anything to be able to talk with mine.

Incredible bull. Congratulations.

DejaVu said:
Hereford 76,
"do you ever get to a day when you quit trying to get approval from your old man?"

That day will come. He'll be gone forever and you'll wish everyday he was back. Enjoy him. Appreciate him. Same goes for your Mom. :wink: I'd give anything to be able to talk with mine.

Incredible bull. Congratulations.

Yep to all of it.

Nicky said:
Who was the old bull?

He was GU Britisher 8D.
here is his pedigree nicky
http://www.herfnet.com/online/cgi-b...&5=2B3C2B3C3A&6=5B5C26262726272F22&9=5B515F5D

been trying to get the last known single amp of semen on 8D's sire.

jigs said:
Ace,
put me down for one of his sons.......

i'd gladly raise you one - might have to remind me tho. earliest possibility would be for breeding season 2016 as a two year old.

peter will have another crop this next spring and the follwoing to offer and they'll deliver them.

PureCountry said:
You go along way these days to see Herefords with alot of volume and girth.

you have to go aways just to see herefords anymore let alone good ones. they're still around tho... just gotta get out of the glow from the neon lights or spotlight a little ways.

I Luv Herfrds said:
I would like one of his son's too.

So how are our "boys" doing?

thats funny you ask. i just got done running their butts about 1.5 miles down to the creek as they and 6 other old bulls broke down a chunk of 4 wire barbed fence to get right up to the pasture were i thought i'd hide 2U. one of the other bulls got in with 2U and luckily i heard them bellarin while checkin heifers. nobody hurt thank goodness, but it sure got the whole works of bulls stired up pretty good. i would have thought they would have been all hunkered down in the coulee but no they were out in the middle of the nice weather going on causin a scene. other than that they are doing just fine - just a little case of spring fever i think.

did you guys get some snow?

Latest posts