• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

52 to 43

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
No spin, no loaded questions, just a straighforward yes or no and Americans said "Yes, impeach him." Link below; my emphasis.

" By a margin of 52 to 43 percent, citizens want Congress to impeach President Bush if he wiretapped American citizens without a judge's approval, according to a new poll commissioned by AfterDowningStreet.org, a grassroots coalition that supports a Congressional investigation of Pres. Bush's decision to invade Iraq in 2003.

The poll was conducted by Zogby International.

The poll found that 52 percent of respondents agreed with the statement: "If President Bush wiretapped American citizens without the approval of a judge, do you agree or disagree that Congress should consider holding him accountable through impeachment."

http://www.zogby.com/Soundbites/ReadClips.dbm?ID=12528

IF?

Hey dis what IF my aunt had balls?

She'd be my uncle :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

In all fairness I would like to know the party affiliation of those that were questioned. Not implying anything it's just that I know I could take a poll selectively and get results like that but in the other direction. Any #'s on that dis?

BBJ said:
In all fairness I would like to know the party affiliation of those that were questioned. Not implying anything it's just that I know I could take a poll selectively and get results like that but in the other direction. Any #'s on that dis?

Contact www.zogby.com. I'm sure they have the citeria for the poll available. There may be a breakdown on the link I posted.

Without doing a whole lot of research and assuming that you might share your opinion with me on this one, do you believe they asked the same # of democrats and Republicans that question?

BBJ said:
Without doing a whole lot of research and assuming that you might share your opinion with me on this one, do you believe they asked the same # of democrats and Republicans that question?

Unlike you, I don't make decisions without doing some research. Zogby is a major pollster with a good reputation. I would expect them to use scientific proven methods to get accurate results.

Like you would expect Dan Rather to use proven sources before he breaks a story using forged documents? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

During the 96 election cycle Rush Limbaugh was in love with Zogby polls. Mainly because they showed the presidential race much closer then other polls did. When the final vote came out if I remember correctly Zogby hit it closer then most other polls. But the outcome was the same Dole lost. Now I say that to say Zogby polls have been around for quite a while and they are usually quite accurate. As far as any polls go.

As far as impeachment goes I think there is no chance of it happening unless the Democrats win back the House. If that were to happen I think impeachment would still be a waste of time since Bush would be a lame duck that would not do much of consequence in the last two years of his term anyway.

SDSteve said:
During the 96 election cycle Rush Limbaugh was in love with Zogby polls. Mainly because they showed the presidential race much closer then other polls did. When the final vote came out if I remember correctly Zogby hit it closer then most other polls. But the outcome was the same Dole lost. Now I say that to say Zogby polls have been around for quite a while and they are usually quite accurate. As far as any polls go.

As far as impeachment goes I think there is no chance of it happening unless the Democrats win back the House. If that were to happen I think impeachment would still be a waste of time since Bush would be a lame duck that would not do much of consequence in the last two years of his term anyway.

Haven't seen you around in a while, SDSteve. Glad you're still with us. It's unlikely the Dems will take the House this election. But impeaching Bush could serve as a signal to future Preisdents to be more cautious about misleading the public into a war or overstepping his Constitutional bounds. He'd have to be tried before he's actually removed. So I'm not so sure it would be a waste of time.

Disagreeable said:
No spin, no loaded questions, just a straighforward yes or no and Americans said "Yes, impeach him." Link below; my emphasis.

" By a margin of 52 to 43 percent, citizens want Congress to impeach President Bush if he wiretapped American citizens without a judge's approval, according to a new poll commissioned by AfterDowningStreet.org, a grassroots coalition that supports a Congressional investigation of Pres. Bush's decision to invade Iraq in 2003.

The poll found that 52 percent of respondents agreed with the statement: "If President Bush wiretapped American citizens without the approval of a judge, do you agree or disagree that Congress should consider holding him accountable through impeachment."

This whole post is disingenuous at best. You try to make it appear as the quotes are from Zogby when, in fact, the quotes are from the Vermont Guardian, aren't they? They are only published on Zogby's site, they are not Zogby's words.

Maybe you can also explain how you and the Guardian came up with the following statements, dis:

Disagreeable said:
....Americans said "Yes, impeach him."

Vermont Guardian said:
...citizens want Congress to impeach President Bush...

Neither of those statements are actually true, are they?

The respondents either agreed or disagreed with the statement "that Congress should consider holding him accountable through impeachment."

The alternative answer would be that they shouldn't even consider it? That's a leading question and you and the Vermont Guardian are obviously trying to mislead people by leaving out the "should consider" and making the blanket statement that the people want him impeached. That's not what it says and you know it, dis. I'm disappointed in you.

I'm not going to call you a liar, however. Similar to the President reviewing intelligence reports, I realize that you have a lot of material to go through every morning. Maybe you didn't intentionally skew the facts and lie to us. :D

Hey X doesn't it kill you how dis seems to read it the way dis wants it to be read. :lol: :lol: :lol: The bad part of you pointing out the obvious spin on this one is that dis won't be able to admit it. Or will we get suprised on this one? Can dis be honest with us and correct this?
Straight from the zogby poll referenced by dis.
"The poll found that 52 percent of respondents agreed with the statement: "If President Bush wiretapped American citizens without the approval of a judge, do you agree or disagree that Congress should consider holding him accountable through impeachment."

My opinion is that Congress should consider allowing this President to serve a thrid term :lol:

X said:
Disagreeable said:

This whole post is disingenuous at best. You try to make it appear as the quotes are from Zogby when, in fact, the quotes are from the Vermont Guardian, aren't they? They are only published on Zogby's site, they are not Zogby's words.

???? No, I'm not being disingenuous. I posted a link to the Zogby page. They featured the article. I didn't say they were Zogby's words; but they are on Zogby's website, that's why I posted the link. So spin away.

Maybe you can also explain how you and the Guardian came up with the following statements, dis:

Disagreeable said:
....Americans said "Yes, impeach him."

Vermont Guardian said:
...citizens want Congress to impeach President Bush...

Neither of those statements are actually true, are they?

The respondents either agreed or disagreed with the statement "that Congress should consider holding him accountable through impeachment."

The alternative answer would be that they shouldn't even consider it? That's a leading question and you and the Vermont Guardian are obviously trying to mislead people by leaving out the "should consider" and making the blanket statement that the people want him impeached. That's not what it says and you know it, dis. I'm disappointed in you.

I'm not going to call you a liar, however. Similar to the President reviewing intelligence reports, I realize that you have a lot of material to go through every morning. Maybe you didn't intentionally skew the facts and lie to us. :D

"Should consider holding him accountable through impeachment." You can read it however you want; I read that most Americans polled agreed that impeachment would be suitable for his crimes. As for intelligence reports, that won't fly. Bush has a lot more help reading through his daily briefings than I do. :wink: He certainly didn't have to lie and claim Congress gets the same intelligence that he gets. He very carefully skewed the intelligence on Iraq, time after time putting Saddam in his speeches right alongside 9-11 until some of that "liberal" media finally asked him pointblank if Saddam was involved in 9-11. Until about a year ago most people in the US actually believed Saddam was involved with 9-11, just what Bush wanted them to think.

Spin away dis, How do you get that most Americans polled agreed that impeachment would be suitable for his crimes out of, and this is the full quote, "The poll found that 52 percent of respondents agreed with the statement: "If President Bush wiretapped American citizens without the approval of a judge, do you agree or disagree that Congress should consider holding him accountable through impeachment." Obviously you followed your own advice when you said read it however you want. Say what you want but thats not what it said. keep spinning its fun to watch.

Latest posts