• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

89 dodge

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Pertnear

Reaction score
the thing over charged the battery was swelled up shut it off. The next day put in a good battery not a thing lights up will not turn over

I had the same thing happen to my 91 dodge ram 2500 . Overcharged the battery to point of almost melting it. I shut down the truck, towed it to a dodge dealer, and they replaced the voltage regulator... said it was stuck open at full charge. Batteries also had to be replaced. Never had a problem after that. Hope this helps.. :)

Big Muddy rancher said:
Does it have a main power fuse?

Damn--I was visualizing a fuse box behind the fridge, when you said that---but not a bad idea: some stuff has 'fuseable link', a cable that'll melt, if it's got one it's probably pretty 'upstream' in circuit or at least the radio'd play and lights work...

Yes it was running fine didn't see the battery tell ihad shut it off . All the fuse link are fine as far as I can see unless there's one hid some place.

If it was running until shut off I would guess look to the new battery.... does it have life? I know that's obvious but gotta ask lol. If it is charged perhaps the main ignition fuse got popped when installing the battery? Or, (and I know this sounds silly) you got the posts hooked up backwards? It's usually something simple, which can be hard to figure out because the simple things tend to get overlooked.
Battery has been getting weak in my 2013 Ford, went to town yesterday to get some alfalfa cubes for the horses so figured I pull into Ford's quick lube bay for an oil change. Shut the truck off and then it wouldn't start. What a perfect place for that to happen! Turns out the battery had a bad cell and they had me up and running in no time.

Latest posts