• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

8th Annual National Grazing Conference

Help Support Ranchers.net:

flyingS

Reaction score
This conference has become one of the best in the Nation. The majority of the speakers and presenters are producers from all over the US. If you are looking for an education opportunity you won't want to miss this conference.

Try this Webfoot

I still don't see a schedule or list of speaker. Just three speakers. It doesn't matter I am not going to travel clear to the east coast for a grazing conference. Through my old job I got to know some of the premiere grazing experts in the PNW very well. And some very well known national experts. If I were going to attend a grazing conference to learn more I would go to the "Lost River Grazing Academy" over by Salmon Idaho. Four days of hands on with some great teachers. And it would end up costing me less than traveling clear to Myrtle Beach. I always wanted to go there. I should have convinced my boss to send me before I retired.

Murder Beach seems like a strange selection for a grazing conference. I wouldn't go to that even if I had time. What were they thinking? It's not like it's a big secret:

According to the FBI's latest US Crime Report, Myrtle Beach, SC is now officially the 3rd most dangerous city in the United States.

With a crime rate of 125 per one thousand residents, Myrtle Beach has one of the highest crime rates in America compared to all communities of all sizes - from the smallest towns to the very largest cities. One's chance of becoming a victim of either violent or property crime here is one in 8.

I didn't think the agenda was very intriguing myself. And the cost was more than I'd pay to attend one in SLC where I could easily drive. Throw in airfare and hotel and you'd end up over a couple grand. Nada for me.

I haven't been on this forum in years, glad to see not much has changed!
Why do you say that?
You let everyone know about the grazing conference, even those who just read and don't post.
There could be some interest, and they wouldn't know if you hadn't posted.
It's always good to get the word out so people can decide if it is of interest to them or not.

I thought Myrtle Beach seemed an odd place to hold it, myself. But then again, what do I know?
Glad to see you back.

Leanin'H, thank you for at least looking. The complete agenda is not up yet, the abstract reviews just finished and the list of speakers and schedule is being finalized. FH part of the reason places like Myrtle Beach get selected is because of the size of the venue as well as the cost and accessibility to an airport. It takes a sizeable hotel to host the conference, attendance has been around 600-650 registrations. This conference moves around the Country. I believe they are always looking for potential hosting locations.

Latest posts