• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A few Canada pics.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

per

Reaction score
Parades and Tractor pulls always fill my Canada Day up. Next week is for more parades, Royalty and Rodeo. It isn't easy being me with all this tiring recreation. :?

Training the next protectors of all that we enjoy.
July2011031.jpg

Future cow wranglers.
July2011033.jpg

Hope there isn't a fire anytime soon. The fire department is stuck in a traffic jam.
July2011053.jpg

View from the parade. My boy drove and I distributed candy. We repeat the route until we're out of candy. Took me most of 2 rounds.
July2011047.jpg

Of course this is the part I like. Visiting with the neighborhood on our Dad's and Grandfathers tractors.
July2011058.jpg

Always plenty of green here but also orange and red.
July2011065.jpg

I like this color of green.
July2011074.jpg

Not unusual to see a Saskatchewan Rough Riders flags flying in Alberta.
July2011083.jpg

Some take this game seriously.
July2011089.jpg

July2011096.jpg

Others just enjoy the day out.
July2011098.jpg

Did your candies have a WSGA logo on them? :p

Glad you took some time from your busy schedule to enjoy yourself. It looked warm there. Our first tractor was an Oliver 880. I believe the fellow I sold it to still has it.

I just came in from a little hike, vest, winter jacket, earflaps down and I was quite comfortable. A high of +5 today. :roll:

Looks like you had a great Canada Day. :D

I took advantage of the holiday to go to the US for repairs. Guess on Monday I will have to get me repairs in Canada. :? :lol: :lol: :lol:

hayguy said:
looks like a good time was had by all, how did you fair in the tractor pull? :D :D :wave: :tiphat: :cboy: YAHOO :!:
The 55 ran well, I finished in the middle of the pack with 297 feet. The winner was an 80 JD with 312 feet and last place a MM at 288 feet. Track was real soft and what happened in front of you was pretty important. The 80 got to run on a clean track. I beat the same JD 2 years ago by a foot. Oh well, next year.

It was a beautiful sunny warm day. Gcreek, that was my cousins 880, I would love to have one as well. Maybe a BC one would like to come to live in Alberta? I bought a MM U for my boy to pull next year.

per said:
hayguy said:
looks like a good time was had by all, how did you fair in the tractor pull? :D :D :wave: :tiphat: :cboy: YAHOO :!:
The 55 ran well, I finished in the middle of the pack with 297 feet. The winner was an 80 JD with 312 feet and last place a MM at 288 feet. Track was real soft and what happened in front of you was pretty important. The 80 got to run on a clean track. I beat the same JD 2 years ago by a foot. Oh well, next year.

It was a beautiful sunny warm day. Gcreek, that was my cousins 880, I would love to have one as well. Maybe a BC one would like to come to live in Alberta? I bought a MM U for my boy to pull next year.

I can come up with an 880 if you are serious. Its a rowcrop model, with Murphy safety gauges on it.

LazyWP said:
per said:
hayguy said:

I can come up with an 880 if you are serious. Its a rowcrop model, with Murphy safety gauges on it.
Checking into gcreeks 880 first. I've never seen a rowcrop one up here, it would be kind of sweet.

per said:
LazyWP said:
per said:

Checking into gcreeks 880 first. I've never seen a rowcrop one up here, it would be kind of sweet.

I smell ROADTRIP. :D :D :lol: :lol:

Big Muddy rancher said:
gcreekrch said:
Big Muddy rancher said:
I smell ROADTRIP. :D :D :lol: :lol:

You could come too. :D

The 2 of us would make it really smell. :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Does Lane have a drop deck? It seems to be the in thing to haul these old girls around on a semi. 8) How much trouble could a pair of prairie ranchers get into crossing the mountains in BC with a stolen truck from Saskatchewan? :???:

my best piece of advice is to find aBC trucker coming this way empty,those scale guys over there are brutal, don't ask how i know :cry2: :cry: :lol:

hayguy said:
my best piece of advice is to find aBC trucker coming this way empty,those scale guys over there are brutal, don't ask how i know :cry2: :cry: :lol:
Not sure if we should allow the Law and Common Sense to get in the way of a good road trip. :wink: :!: I am curious of your scale story, had some of my own issues there.

per said:
hayguy said:
Not sure if we should allow the Law and Common Sense to get in the way of a good road trip. :wink: :!: I am curious of your scale story, had some of my own issues there.

It's no secret that BC means Bring Cash to out of province truckers but betwwen the two of you and over 100 years combined skulldugery you should be able to overcome the average inspector.

gcreekrch said:
per said:
hayguy said:

It's no secret that BC means Bring Cash to out of province truckers but betwwen the two of you and over 100 years combined skulldugery you should be able to overcome the average inspector.

much to long of a story for my typing ability, suffice it to say that the fines were worth more than the load of hay that we were hauling at the time.

Per, does your local 4-H club get involved in any tractor restoration projects?

hayguy said:
gcreekrch said:
per said:

much to long of a story for my typing ability, suffice it to say that the fines were worth more than the load of hay that we were hauling at the time.

Per, does your local 4-H club get involved in any tractor restoration projects?
Yes, more the mechanical side than aesthetics. They have tackled projects from many different era's. Their mentor is a mechanical engineer and ex prof that is not afraid of letting the boys put it together wrong to see what can go wrong. His theory is if it needs rebuilding twice because of an error they will learn faster by what not to do. I admire his patience with the kids watching some things that he know will fail.

Latest posts