• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A few photos, May 18, 2011

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Aminicattledrive.jpg

A mini cattle drive in progress
KosmoKidandPeach.jpg

Kosmo Kid and Peach and their ponies
Pushingthroughthehills.jpg

Pushing the heifers through the hills
Alittlegreengrasscomingon.jpg

A little green grass is coming on.
FromPeachspointofview-1.jpg

From Peach's perspective
Thiscalfwascomingwithonefrontfootback.jpg

This calf was coming with one front foot back.
Kosmogivingtheoldheaveho.jpg

Kosmo giving the old heave ho
Wrappedinacolorfulblanket.jpg

Wrapped in a colorful blanket
Hesonthegroundnowandcanhearyou.jpg

He's on the ground now, folks, and can hear you. Give him a big round of applause. :wink:
JohnBurton.jpg

John Burton. I have been in on many adventures that this gentleman has instigated. He rode horseback from Ellsworth, Nebraska
to the Grand Canyon of Arizona in 1947. On November 8, 1997 he accompanied our family (Peach, Sparky, Sunflower,
the Kosmo Kid, and myself when we all rode mules to the bottom of the Canyon and spent the night at the Phantom Ranch.
This was fifty years to the day when he rode his own horse and led a packhorse from the North Rim across and came out
at the top of the South Rim the same evening. While camped out the night before his ride across in '47, he had got his last pair
of socks wet so had hung them on a bush to dry. A big wind came up that night and blew one of the socks away. Going sockless
on one foot, he arrived at the Phantom Ranch and had the noon meal with a crew of workmen. While there, he managed to buy
a pair of socks for a dollar from a kind-hearted soul. Then he had three socks so was in good shape once again. :wink:
JFRanchandhisnumberthreeson.jpg

JF Ranch and his number three son

That is very neat. The best stories are the ones that have been lost. It must be great to be able to treasure a treasure trove like John.

Thanks for another shared day Soapweed. I'll make sure my FIL sees Johnny's picture.

Guess I'll have to take one of Dick so Johnny can see it from your end. I did give him the ph.# you sent but you know how grumpy old men can be. :D

"Haven't talked to him in years, he wouldn't even remember who I am." :roll:

Latest posts