• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

a few summer/fall photos

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Justin

Reaction score
i haven't posted any pics as of late, so here is step #1 in an attempt to catch up. :wink:

the boy decided early this spring that being led around was for kids so he took over the controls. he and his sister put on many miles together this summer.
cellphonepics8_zpsd4c1df2f.jpg

it was fairly dry around this part of the world this summer. there wasn't much hay to be put up and fencing didn't sound like any fun so we went rodeoing about every chance we got. the kids had a pretty good summer.
sept12009_zps53fd95cc.jpg

july29018_zpseed44585.jpg

after more than a few years of retirement, i convinced myself crackin' back out was a good idea :roll: :D
justinbuffalo_zps07c16650.jpg

at this particular moment i was wishing i would've stayed in retirement :shock:
justincampcrook_zps75ae2a38.jpg

...but we made it work :D
201208191512341_zps6cd1781e.jpg

roping with a good friend/roomate from college
justincody_zps189782fe.jpg

the wife making a good run
brandimarmath_zps5dea5260.jpg

a 5 year old rope/ranch/barrel/kid broke mare ready to go rodeo'n
cellphone012_zps6cf70d90.jpg

we did try to get a little work done during the week :wink:
moving the cows with steer calves this fall
nov7035_zpsafa83cfc.jpg

bringing in the cows with hfr calves in for shipping
nov18030_zps87f4a5de.jpg

evaluating the situation
nov18017_zpse38c9165.jpg

some holstein/angus cross calves we bought for my wife to rope here at home. not the prettiest critters in the world, but they were good practice cattle.
cellphone010_zps29f2d518.jpg

i'll try to dig up a few more ranch photos for next time :wink:

I really enjoyed your photos, Justin. Glad your kids did good! That
black/white pony is worth a lot of coin!

You really wanted that steer to reach that far to get him. That's a
pretty exciting picture, especially since you didn't bite the dirt!

I tried to make your heeler out to be Cody, but it isn't him, is it?

Cows and calves looked really good and the breakaway calves are
nice and shiney as well!

Thanks for sharing. Your kids are growing up! Nice you could haul them
a bit this year.

Faster horses said:
I really enjoyed your photos, Justin. Glad your kids did good! That
black/white pony is worth a lot of coin!

You really wanted that steer to reach that far to get him. That's a
pretty exciting picture, especially since you didn't bite the dirt!

I tried to make your heeler out to be Cody, but it isn't him, is it?

Cows and calves looked really good and the breakaway calves are
nice and shiney as well!

Thanks for sharing. Your kids are growing up! Nice you could haul them
a bit this year.

for a couple seconds there i thought gravity was going to play a major roll in the outcome of that run. i really didn't want to hit the dirt goin that fast, that was the tallest i've ever been :lol:

yes, that is Cody. the photo was takin in Ekalaka

Great to see what ya been up to! :D Mrs. H wants to know why your making your wife practice on holstiens instead of good angus calves? :D Quit letting her rope slow dairy cows and get her some speedy crossbred angus calves. :wink: Those kids are growing and are sure talented little buggers! You have a fine life and a beautiful family.

But i am disappointed to see you jave taken up bad habits again. :shock: Jumping off a perfectly good horse onto a horned bovine in flight????? :???: Silly timed event hand! :lol: :lol:

Stay in touch pal! With the H's and the doggin' steers! :D

I'm sure glad you are back to postin pictures. Thanks. I am waitin to see if H will come outa retirement and crawl back on a bull.

That Black and white pony look a lot like one I rode back in the day. :D

I'm afraid if your little guys keeps pulling his hat down like that his ears will end up like Uncle Leanin' H's. :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll even take a Ranchers bus out to Utah, to watch it!!! Just think of how FAMOUS he could be.

Justin said:
LazyWP said:
I am waitin to see if H will come outa retirement and crawl back on a bull.

i like the way you think. :nod: H, what do ya say buddy, deal?

Shoot, i'd love to get on a couple but i'm afraid everyone from PETA to USHS to ranchers.net would be protesting after the bull sprained all his knee ligaments and strained his back muscles! :D

Plus, i'm way ahead of you two already! Who needs some fancy arena to top off a bull? :roll: :D :wink:

Justin, looks like you oughta cinch up a little if you're gonna make a habit of reachin' that far :D

leanin' H said:
Justin said:
LazyWP said:
I am waitin to see if H will come outa retirement and crawl back on a bull.

i like the way you think. :nod: H, what do ya say buddy, deal?

Shoot, i'd love to get on a couple but i'm afraid everyone from PETA to USHS to ranchers.net would be protesting after the bull sprained all his knee ligaments and strained his back muscles! :D

Plus, i'm way ahead of you two already! Who needs some fancy arena to top off a bull? :roll: :D :wink:

So what was the bet you lost that made you get on that bull???? :p :wink: :lol: :lol:

Latest posts