• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A Golden-Oldie from R-Calf.....

Help Support Ranchers.net:

I know a few differences between Canada and the other countries that declared BSE previous.

1. Canada had a feed ban in place since 1997

2. Canada has a mandatory ID system in place

3. Canada was able to trace and test over 2000 head ever in contact with the Wanham cow with no other positives.

4. Canada instituted a 4D testing policy and found only 2 more cows. (BTW we are over twice the number of cows tested for 2005 than required)

So far only a couple countries have been mentioned that have declared only 1 or 2 cows Isreal and I can't remember if it was Switzerland?

Do they have the same above safegaurds in place? Are/were they big trading partners with Canada/US?

Hmmm maybe there are more factors.

Jason said:
You sure read a lot into stuff that isn't there.

I never said effecient isn't better. I said XL spends what it takes to keep their old plant effecient. I also said effeciency comes from training their workers.

I have shown where Tyson foods didn't get the taxpayer subsidy, it was Lakeside Farms, affiliated with the Lakeside plant, but under a different corporation that stands alone as far as profits and losses.

I would rather have 1 buyer with lots of money than 100 poor buyers.

The US is the world's leading consumer country. They consume the most goods at the highest price. Logically they will be the biggest buyer for products they want.

To prove you are so smart in economics provide the readers with the number 2 and 3 consumer economies in the world and why they are such.

Jason, If Tyson owns or controls Lakeside do you not count that as Tyson? Who cares if the corporation is a stand alone corporation? What difference does it make? It is the same people controlling it. You have rather strange reasoning.

You might have no buyers.

As far as proving anything to you, there is a time and a place for everything. I don't take quizes from someone like you, but thank you for offering.

You need to read Adam Smith's "The Wealth of Nations" if you can. Sometimes the oldies are the goldies.

Oh, have a good Thanksgiving (even though you are in Canada).

Jason said:
I guess that proves you don't know the answers.

Some economist. :roll:

If that is your standard of proof you have a lot to learn. I don't do dog tricks for the likes of you.

I asked a simple question for the benefit of those that don't know the number 2 and 3 consuming economies in the world.

Cattle people in the States tend to forget how much their nation consumes. But even though it is the largest consuming nation in the world, there are limits.

Other countries are also increasing consumption.

Being aware of trends in consumption is important in any supply based business such as cattle/beef.

Sandman,

WHERE IS THE PROOF TO BACK YOUR ALLEGATION THAT OUR BSE POLICIES WERE ALTERED FOR MONEY????

Gonna keep diverting the question?

~SH~

~SH~ said:
Sandman,

WHERE IS THE PROOF TO BACK YOUR ALLEGATION THAT OUR BSE POLICIES WERE ALTERED FOR MONEY????

~SH~

SH, Where is your proof that it wasn't?

This is not a forum that either one of those questions can be answered so why do you keep asking? No matter what kind of information or "evidence" is brought up you will just wiggle out of it. You are always right except when Agman says you are not. If you want a real answer, just go ask him as that is the only one that matters to you.

Jason said:
I asked a simple question for the benefit of those that don't know the number 2 and 3 consuming economies in the world.

Cattle people in the States tend to forget how much their nation consumes. But even though it is the largest consuming nation in the world, there are limits.

Other countries are also increasing consumption.

Being aware of trends in consumption is important in any supply based business such as cattle/beef.

And I asked you to go read a few basic economics texts and a little history of the cattle industry.

~SH~ said:
Sandman,

~SH~

What would you accept as proof?

What I would accept as proof is irrelevant to the fact that you have no proof to back your allegation. I'm not playing your games so you can divert your inability to back your allegation AGAIN.

~SH~

~SH~ said:
What I would accept as proof is irrelevant to the fact that you have no proof to back your allegation. I'm not playing your games so you can divert your inability to back your allegation AGAIN.

~SH~

Dumbass - you have a history of refusing to accept proof you don't like. I'm asking what you will accept. How can I prove anything to you if I don't know what you're looking for?

~SH~ said:
Why would you make the allegation without proof?

R-CULTing it again?

~SH~

Kinda like you did with your Lakeside profits vs US losses statement? It seems to me you made a statement as fact, then proposed a bet that you could prove it, and then requested time to "do research". You'ld be more accurate calling that practice "SH-ing".

What will you accept as proof? Why do you keep refusing to answer?

What do you have as proof to back your allegation?

Why do you keep diverting the question.

Just like your proof that I lied regarding Lakeside's profits vs. Boise and Pasco's losses. You pulled that out of your ars too.

You are so factually void!

Don't you think everyone can see how you are diverting the question AGAIN?

~SH~

FOR THE LAST TIME, DO YOU HAVE THE PROOF TO BACK YOUR ALLEGATION SANDMAN?

YES OR NO?

THE BURDEN OF PROOF FALLS ON THE ACCUSER!

I say it's just one more of your many baseless allegations.

PROVE ME WRONG or divert proving you made it up AGAIN.

~SH~

Sandhusker said:
For the last time, what will you accept as proof?

You know that even a death bed confession from the President , Ag Secretary and Pope would be considered LIES AND DECEPTION!!! :lol:

Latest posts