• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A great ranch photography website

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
A Texas photographer, Rene Heil, has been taking pictures of brandings for several years. This last spring he was up in the Sandhills taking branding pictures, and has compiled a very nice book of his endeavors.

You can check out his website at www.ranchphotography.com. The book containing many Sandhills branding pictures is available for $39 plus $6 shipping. We just ordered a copy that will be sent out tomorrow morning. It is especially fun for me to look at, because so many of the photo subjects are people that I know.

One heart-wrenching final photo is a full-page portrait of the beautiful little four-year-old girl that fell off her horse in August and died from the injuries. It is almost as if the book is dedicated to her, even though Mr. Heil was unaware of this when the book was compiled.

All in all, it is a book that will be an heirloom to pass on to future generations.

By gosh Soapweed, you beat me to it. I was going to mention that book here on Rancher's net myself this morning. I just ordered mine last night. It is supposed to be shipped out this morning too. I have never seen but did see some of the pictures. You can order some of the pictures too.

Saddletramp has been coming up with some more good ones-think his boss needs to work him a bit harder,but soon it will be calving time so guess he needs to have a bit of fun!

Renee Heil was the one I mentioned to you Soapweed, here while back, that photographed some friends ranch near Valentine. Bow and Arrow Ranch. He does great work, from what I can see on the website. But I still enjoy seeing the "Lady Rancher's" pictures that she takes and shares better.
Kinda like we all enjoy seein your pictures.

the_jersey_lilly_2000 said:
Renee Heil was the one I mentioned to you Soapweed, here while back, that photographed some friends ranch near Valentine. Bow and Arrow Ranch. He does great work, from what I can see on the website. But I still enjoy seeing the "Lady Rancher's" pictures that she takes and shares better.
Kinda like we all enjoy seein your pictures.

Glad you like my pictures, Jersey Lilly, but they don't hold a candle to the wonderful work that Mr. Heil does. Who is the "Lady Rancher" that you mention? I am not aware of her photography.

Yes she does take beutiful Pics but I have heard her on more than one occasion ask that her name and ranch name not be used. She is a very private person and does not like undo attention.

Latest posts