• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A hot day, and a study of a non-spectacular sundown

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Soapweed

Reaction score
Goodwindmillfixingrig.jpg

Good windmill fixing rig
Windmillmanwhoknowshisstuff.jpg

Windmill man who knows his stuff
Thetailofthewindmill.jpg

The tail of the windmill
Puttingawaythetools.jpg

Putting away the tools
Windmilljobcompleted.jpg

Windmill job completed
Notveryproductive.jpg

Not very productive
Themeadowview.jpg

The meadow view
Pushingcowstoafulltankoffreshwater.jpg

Pushing cattle to a full tank of fresh water
Dustinthedisappearingdaylight.jpg

Dust in the disappearing daylight
Dryanddusty.jpg

Dry and dusty
Driftingdownthedraw.jpg

Drifting down the draw
Driftingintodrink.jpg

Drifting in to drink
Almostsundown.jpg

Almost sundown
Sundownone.jpg

Sundown one
Sundowntwo.jpg

Sundown two
Sundownthree.jpg

Sundown three
Sundownfour.jpg

Sundown four
Sundownfive.jpg

Sundown five
Sundownsix.jpg

Sundown six
Sundownseven.jpg

Sundown seven
Sundowneight.jpg

Sundown eight

Very impressive Sundown in the Soapweeds. Glad ya got yer windmill back in workin order too. Shore is a short one. LOL I think ya'll could use a few drops of rain to settle that dust.

Thanks fer sharin yer day with us Soapweed.

Guys who think its dry around here should take good hard look at your pictures soap :!: That would open a few eyes :wink: P.S. Pretty sharp looking service truck.

You know, it's dry and dusty around here and we need a rain badly. Today that doesn't seem so overwhelming, though, as I think back five years. On July 25th, 2001, we had a rip-roarin' hail storm go through this country. It cut a swath 22 miles long and seven miles wide, completely devastating everything in its path. Buildings, wind breaks and windmills were torn up. Irrigated pivots south of us were tipped over. It was a terrible storm, and I think we will wake up tomorrow morning with the drought and still have more feed on hand than we did after the hail storm. This hot dry day has been more bearable by keeping things in the proper perspective.

Your absolutely right Soapweed. Everyday here that we go without rain, we just hafta look for other things to make it a better day. No sense in sittin and lookin at the cup as half empty. Half fulls a way better prospective. We have water for the cattle, and the grass hasn't gotten any worse. So onward we go, doin what needs done and smilin about it.

Thanks for the reminder too. Never hurts to check yer perspective on things.

TXTibbs said:
Sure seems like you fix your windmills an awfull lot. Why don't you switch over to solars? Especially with your shallow water....would only need one panal.....maybe two.

We have seventy of them to take care of, and just changing oil once a year is pretty time consuming. There aren't too many solar watering systems in this country. Guess we are slow to catch on. Besides, they don't portray cattle country in as distinguishing a fashion as do windmills. :wink:

Soapweed I am sure glad you didn't lose you trigger finger when you ventured over to Bull session cause I sure would have missed your pictures, plus it would have put a crimp in your piano playing and typeing :wink:

Soapweed have ya ever considered doin a photo-journal type book? I've bought a number of books with photos from Steve Thorton and the like and your photos are as good as theirs. What's nice about yours is they're "real,everyday" portrayls of ranch life. Keep 'em comin!!

Latest posts