• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A lack of comprehension

Help Support Ranchers.net:

George

Reaction score
I feel that most people should read the sign and just keep walking.

[/img]

But is seems many people read " please press you nose against the glass for a look at the dog"

In my older age I am just getting tired of stupid people!!!!!

OK but is there really a "guard dog" in the vehicle? It`s a tempation for many folks to see if it`s maybe a chihuahua or no dog at all.
A bit like a sign I saw at a hiway rest stop in Montana last year "Rattlesnakes in the area Please stay on sidewalk"......works great, no one taking a short cut across the grass.
I will agree, "most people" are stupid!

If there is no dog in the car the signs will be laying in the back seat.

DebiBoss.jpg
[/url]

I raise and train silver gray german shepherds www.germanshepherdkingdom.com if I have a litter of 8 I will normally have 1 or 2 traditional black and tan pups

[/img]

This is the correct coloring for my taste.

Santos.jpg
[/url]
Pup in training[/img]

rancher rick said:
So it`s actually your vehicle.........thought it was someone else`s.
Sorry!

No offense taken - - - I guess I need to reword the signs - - - I try to make everything simple but I guess it might not be simple enough!

George said:
rancher rick said:
So it`s actually your vehicle.........thought it was someone else`s.
Sorry!

No offense taken - - - I guess I need to reword the signs - - - I try to make everything simple but I guess it might not be simple enough!

Oh the sign is simple enough. It's just the people who are too simple to
understand. :wink:

If I seen that sign I'd have to walk close and bark at the dog it's just my nature. :wink:

Denny said:
If I seen that sign I'd have to walk close and bark at the dog it's just my nature. :wink:

Exactly! Ain't nothing like coming outa a store, arms fulla stuff and thinking about what all else you gotta do while in town and running outa time, then having some hydrophobic s.o.b. launch himself at you and try to come thru the glass--every time I see that rig after that, I'm pretty apt to go outa my way to see if I can cause a 'precious doggy' heart attack.

Like the dogs,
Question, Why is it that most people fear a dog more than they do a loaded gun?????

littlejoe said:
Denny said:

Exactly! Ain't nothing like coming outa a store, arms fulla stuff and thinking about what all else you gotta do while in town and running outa time, then having some hydrophobic s.o.b. launch himself at you and try to come thru the glass--every time I see that rig after that, I'm pretty apt to go outa my way to see if I can cause a 'precious doggy' heart attack.

Of course if I could see you doing that and if the dog has progressed far enough that it was certified K9 I could run you in for harassment of a law enforcement officer.

I take the training very seriously. I like the fact I can take my K9 in kindergartens and the children can be safe and learn to trust the law enforcement officer and in a split second the dog will be more than you want to deal with.

Idiots can make my job harder and longer - - - the dog is being trained to be calm until needed. If I pull you over in a traffic stop I roll the rear window down and the dog is to stay calm and not be noticed until I snap my fingers - - - the the dog will be at my left knee in full alert mode. This takes training and does not happen overnight.

On several occasions when a silver gray german shepherd appears from nowhere the situation gets very calm very quickly - - - I had a "Bad**s" that was about 6'8' and 350# that thought he would hand me my butt and with the snap of my fingers he was changed! His words were "You crazy SOB what are you doing with a wolf?" as he was putting his hands behind his back for the bracelets. I only patrol about 2 shifts a week and special occasions since I retired but I will tell you I feel much better with a good K9 than with most partners.

Richardd said:
Like the dogs,
Question, Why is it that most people fear a dog more than they do a loaded gun?????

Thanks, I raise about 3 litters a year and most are sold at 8 weeks. Any law enforcement department that buys one gets the next one free after the purchased one is K9 certified. I would have to check but I feel between 4 and 6 are currently working.

I think it is a primal fear - - - the silver gray does not make the dog any better but some people like blonds and some like redheads, I just like my silver gray and the fact many people instantly think it is a wolf helps in the intimidation department. This can be a very good thing when controlling unruly crowds or drunks.

My first K9 ( in 1975 ) was a silver gray male that tipped the scales at 146# The largest shepherd I have ever had - - - gentle as a kitten until he needed to change and I could put him after you and call him off in mid stride. When used properly the mere presence is all that is needed to make things go smoothly.

Only once was a man stupid enough to think he could whip " Sam" and he soon regretted his stupidity.

Triangle Bar said:
Beautiful dogs, George. I bet that kind of training takes great patience and perseverance

Thanks,

Yes, you must love what you are doing - - - but the reward is great! I hope this makes a few people stop and think about their actions. Most people appreciate a well trained animal weather in law enforcement or handling livestock but rarely think about how the animal got to that point.

George said:
littlejoe said:
Denny said:

Of course if I could see you doing that and if the dog has progressed far enough that it was certified K9 I could run you in for harassment of a law enforcement officer.

I take the training very seriously. I like the fact I can take my K9 in kindergartens and the children can be safe and learn to trust the law enforcement officer and in a split second the dog will be more than you want to deal with.

Idiots can make my job harder and longer - - - the dog is being trained to be calm until needed. If I pull you over in a traffic stop I roll the rear window down and the dog is to stay calm and not be noticed until I snap my fingers - - - the the dog will be at my left knee in full alert mode. This takes training and does not happen overnight.

On several occasions when a silver gray german shepherd appears from nowhere the situation gets very calm very quickly - - - I had a "Bad**s" that was about 6'8' and 350# that thought he would hand me my butt and with the snap of my fingers he was changed! His words were "You crazy SOB what are you doing with a wolf?" as he was putting his hands behind his back for the bracelets. I only patrol about 2 shifts a week and special occasions since I retired but I will tell you I feel much better with a good K9 than with most partners.

I spose you could try, George. Might be less trouble to train them behind them big detailed 'no trespassing' signs you're so proud of, till they're fit to take out in public.

Busting out a window or peeing on vehicle or pretty much any touching vehicle is already illegal by statute so what's the bad act addressed by the signage/"run you in?" If you want to control proximity against loitering or eyeshot or passing gas, keeping vehicle on private property seems like good advice. Humility seems to have a proportional scarcity relationship with intelligence.

I'd just use freedom of speech as I walked by on a public sidewalk or street I'd say hello to the dog. Grrrrrrrrr and woof woof normally enough said.

littlejoe said:
George said:
littlejoe said:

I spose you could try, George. Might be less trouble to train them behind them big detailed 'no trespassing' signs you're so proud of, till they're fit to take out in public.

From your post here I can see you would have to pee on the fence several times to learn. You cannot train a dog to be in public without having the dog in public. If you think I could only try come into my jurisdiction and act like a moron and see if I can get the job done. Come and act like a sensible person and you will find I'm one of the nicest people you will ever meet and I will go out of my way to help anyone - - - until they cross the line of acceptable behavior as defined by the laws of the people ( not by me ).

I wish I did not have to have those no trespassing signs but when you get sued by people riding their 4 wheelers up and down loose gravel piles when they lose control if you have a brain you lock the gates and post the property. I must assume from your post you have nothing to protect and let everyone come thru your property as the wish. Let me know where to send the Idiots and you can host the party.

Have a great day and find a K9 in training in your area to harass but don't call me to bail you out when you find out that the local LEOs don't appreciate your actions.

Denny said:
I'd just use freedom of speech as I walked by on a public sidewalk or street I'd say hello to the dog. Grrrrrrrrr and woof woof normally enough said.

All of our cars ( both marked and unmarked ) now have 360 degree cameras and I would like to see your atty explain to the judge why you chose to harass a law enforcement officer. Yes a certified K9 officer is viewed as an officer of the law.

When on duty all deputies here have body cameras as well - - - it is amassing how a person will tell a long drawn out tail of being harassed by police for no reason, come to court in a new suit and new haircut and profess to be coming home from bible study - - - then the video that they knew nothing about is played and they stand their open mouthed.

I will defend your right to freedom of speech forever but you should know where that applies or a judge can point it out for you.

I had a talk with the prosecutor in this county and in his opinion if you were to harass a pet that is animal crulity and the maximum would be $10,000 and 5 years. Probably you would get off a lot less than that but your child could take your arrest warrant for show and tell. You should have a mentality higher than that of a kindergartner - - - I am glad you don't live close to me as I deal with enough brain dead people on a regular basis that I don't want to deal with you as well.

Have a great day and think of the problems you can cause your family if you act in a manner not deemed appropriate by society.

George said:
From your post here I can see you would have to pee on the fence several times to learn. You cannot train a dog to be in public without having the dog in public.

:lol:

Latest posts