• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A long standing tradition ends

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
Such a shame. Excerpts; link below; my emphasis.

"When Lance Cpl. Edward Voumard, 20, signs off after his shift early Sunday morning guarding an entrance to the U.S. Naval Academy, he will be one of a handful of Marines who close the book on a 155-year tradition."

"Since just a few years after the Naval Academy's founding in 1845, Marines have guarded the military college and performed ceremonial duties. They were initially quartered on ships stationed at the sea wall off the Severn River.

The 48 Marines of the U.S. Naval Academy Company, Marine Barracks, Washington, are being reassigned to installations at Camp Lejeune, N.C., and Twentynine Palms, Calif. They will be replaced by enlisted Navy personnel and possibly additional federal security forces if a threat level is raised, officials said. A ceremony marking their departure will be held this morning at the academy."

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/annearundel/bal-ar.marines13jan13,1,2599885.story?coll=bal-local-arundel&ctrack=1&cset=true

At one time not so long ago,,,Marines gaurded almost all the Navy Bases,,,then in a cost cutting measure Clinton farmed that job out to civilian contractors.........it worked so well he did the same to the Coast Gaurd a year later.....

why didn't you complain then?

Steve said:
At one time not so long ago,,,Marines gaurded almost all the Navy Bases,,,then in a cost cutting measure Clinton farmed that job out to civilian contractors.........it worked so well he did the same to the Coast Gaurd a year later.....

This is the type answer you'll get from our ole buddy dis -

Yawn, rflmao, your spinnig blah blah blah blah. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

You won't get an honest response on that one because your reply has truth and substance to it and any time you ask a lib to condemn clinton they run as far away from that as they can then go back to bashing President Bush.

it's not even asking them to condemn Clinton as much as to ask that each decision be looked at fairly and to gauge ones response in comparison to how they reacted when the same decision was made by someone they claimed to have supported.....

If it was okey to ignore when Clinton removed the Marine gaurds on all but a select few Navy bases and replaced them with civilian contractors,,,

then how is it wrong when a few marines are replaced with Navy personnel?

I disagreed with Both decisions!

I believe the Marines should remain at the gates of every Navy Base.!

They have the training and the ability to do the Job much better then any civilian contractor and in my opinion they are better at it then most Navy personnel.....

BUT, not one liberal complianed when they were removed from the gates of all the other Navy Bases so a civilian contrator could low bid our security.......

Thank you Steve. I agree but the one line that separates you, I and most everyone else from die hard democrats and liberals is:

"I disagreed with Both decisions!" (Now that's just plain honesty, no matter how you look at it)

That is something your will never hear out of people like dis. They will defend the actions of their party to the end. Even if deep down inside they know it's wrong, theres still an agenda that has to be carried out and right now the only plan the democrats have is to destroy President Bush and anybody else that gets in the way. When our President proposes something the dems always jump up and down about it but never propose something better.

Steve said:

First, show me a link. Second the Naval Accademy is hardly a "Navy base."

BBJ said:
Steve said:

You won't get an honest response on that one because your reply has truth and substance to it and any time you ask a lib to condemn clinton they run as far away from that as they can then go back to bashing President Bush.

His complaint has no substance because he made obviously made it up or he would have provided a link.

Disagreeable said:
BBJ said:
Steve said:

His complaint has no substance because he made obviously made it up or he would have provided a link.

Disagreeable has accused people of making things up before, then when they provide a link, he/she ignores the post. Usually, whenever anyone scores a point against Dis, he/she just ignores the thread altogether. This has been proven time and again. So, don't bother wasting your time on Dis, Steve, your point is well taken by the rest of us.

Steve said:
it's not even asking them to condemn Clinton as much as to ask that each decision be looked at fairly and to gauge ones response in comparison to how they reacted when the same decision was made by someone they claimed to have supported.....

If it was okey to ignore when Clinton removed the Marine gaurds on all but a select few Navy bases and replaced them with civilian contractors,,,

then how is it wrong when a few marines are replaced with Navy personnel?

I disagreed with Both decisions!

I believe the Marines should remain at the gates of every Navy Base.!

They have the training and the ability to do the Job much better then any civilian contractor and in my opinion they are better at it then most Navy personnel.....

BUT, not one liberal complianed when they were removed from the gates of all the other Navy Bases so a civilian contrator could low bid our security.......

Give me a break! You complain that I didn't complain about Clinton taking Marines away from Naval bases! You know that the Naval Acadamy is the seat of Navy traditions, home to John Paul Jones' tomb. I went on an Army post this AM and there are civilian contractors checking IDs. For years, there were no guards at the gates, after 9/11, we had soldiers, then after the Iraqi war heated up, National Guard troops, and now civilian contractors. That should tell you something about how badly we need troops in Iraq. I don't feel a bit threatened to have the contractors at work. But I would be saddened to find out that West Point has lost their Army Guards or if the "Old Guard" in DC is disbanded. These are traditions that I hate to lose.

So now your saying that it did happen? I thought you said he made it up?
Your not a Kerry flip flopper are you.

BBJ said:
So now your saying that it did happen? I thought you said he made it up?
Your not a Kerry flip flopper are you.

Sure, I'll say that Clinton didn't order the Marines to stop guarding naval base gates. With Steve's history of being wrong, I'm pretty comfortable with saying that. We'll see if he can show that I'm wrong, with a link from a reliable source, of course.

http://www.gao.gov/archive/1997/ns97200b.pdf

The Marine Corps plan to reduce active personnel was based primarily on reducing and reorganizing the Marine Corps Security Battalion, which provides security for Navy installations. ...

Almost one-half of the active military cuts will involve replacing military personnel with reserve forces, civilian employees, or contractors,
www.gao.gov/cgi-bin/getrpt?NSIAD-98-100

who was President in 1997 and 1998? Clinton

Who slashed massive numbers form our Military? Clinton.

back to my original Question: Why didn't you complain then?

and Dis said what?
Sure, I'll say that Clinton didn't order the Marines to stop guarding naval base gates. With Steve's history of being wrong, I'm pretty comfortable with saying that. We'll see if he can show that I'm wrong, with a link from a reliable source, of course.

lets see Dis was wrong about the Iraqi terrorists.
Dis is wrong about Kerry and abramoff linked dirty Money.
Dis is wrong again about Clinton cutting Marine security positions at Naval Bases.

I can see who has a history of being wrong........Dis..........

:nod: :clap: :nod: :clap: :nod: :clap: OOPS, what now Dis? Is Steve spinning? Or is it maybe thats just your head spinning. :lol2: :lol2:

Is it a history of being wrong or a history of :liar:

Steve said:
http://www.gao.gov/archive/1997/ns97200b.pdf

The Marine Corps plan to reduce active personnel was based primarily on reducing and reorganizing the Marine Corps Security Battalion, which provides security for Navy installations. ...

Almost one-half of the active military cuts will involve replacing military personnel with reserve forces, civilian employees, or contractors,
www.gao.gov/cgi-bin/getrpt?NSIAD-98-100

Steve, you'e a riot. Sometimes I think you don't even know what you're saying. So to refresh your memory, you said:

(my emphasis)

Your links say the Navy was reogranizing to free up money for new weapons systems and because of budget changes. Nowhere does it say that "Clinton removed the Marine gaurds".

who was President in 1997 and 1998? Clinton

Who slashed massive numbers form our Military? Clinton.

The Sec of Navy made the decisions to cut personnel, not Bill Clinton.

back to my original Question: Why didn't you complain then?

and Dis said what?

And you haven't done it. Yes, he was President, no, he didn't make the decisions about how the Navy should balance their budget. But keep spinning! :lol:

lets see Dis was wrong about the Iraqi terrorists.

Where was I wrong about Iraqi terrorists? In spite of the presence of 150,000 American troops, they're still blowing up people in Iraq on an almost daily basis. VP Cheny assured us months ago that the insurgency was in "it's last throes", yet Americans are being killed almost daily, not to mention Iraqi civilian deaths. But, hey, we're coming out of there. That makes me happy.

Dis is wrong about Kerry and abramoff linked dirty Money.

ROTFLMAO! "linked dirty money" So you're now changing your claim from "Kerry took money from Abramoff" to "Abramoff linked money"? We can talk about that: How was it linked to Abramoff? Someone who had lunch with him? The wife or husband of someone who worked for him? Someone who knew his maid? Indian tribes that might have also been his clients? Come on and let's talk.

Dis is wrong again about Clinton cutting Marine security positions at Naval Bases.

And you've shown that I'm right. Clinton didn't cut Marine security positions anywhere. The Sec of the Navy made that decision, not Bill Clinton.

I can see who has a history of being wrong........Dis..........

All one has to do is read above and know that you don't have a leg to stand on. :lol:

BBJ said:
:nod: :clap: :nod: :clap: :nod: :clap: OOPS, what now Dis? Is Steve spinning? Or is it maybe thats just your head spinning. :lol2: :lol2:

Did you bother to read his links? Did you see anything that said what Steve claimed: "Clinton removed the Marine gaurds..."?

The Sec of the Navy made that decision, not Bill Clinton.

Talk about spin......

SECNAV is responsible for the formulation and implementation of policies and programs that are consistent with the national security policies and objectives established by the President

Lets see the President makes the budget....the secnav works for the President.......nope your still wrong........

Steve said:
The Sec of the Navy made that decision, not Bill Clinton.

Talk about spin......

SECNAV is responsible for the formulation and implementation of policies and programs that are consistent with the national security policies and objectives established by the President

Lets see the President makes the budget....the secnav works for the President.......nope your still wrong........

No, the Sec of Navy works for the Sec of Defense, not the President. The Pentegon submits budget requests to Congress. Congress gives them whatever they think they need. Then the Sec of the Navy, or Army, or Air Force, makes decisions about how to best use the dollars Congress has budgeted for them. Surely you know that? Or probably not. Yes, the President has input. But your claim was: "If it was okey to ignore when Clinton removed the Marine gaurds..." (your spelling) Clinton never removed any Marine guards from anything. And apparently they were left at Annapolis until now. You're trying to get away from your original claim, but I'm not going to let that happen. You still haven't shown us where Clinton removed any Marine guards from any Navy bases so right now my confidence in your inability to prove your so called "facts" is holding up well.

Disagreeable said:
BBJ said:

Did you bother to read his links? Did you see anything that said what Steve claimed: "Clinton removed the Marine gaurds..."?

Yes, I looked at his links. None of them say Bill Clinton removed Marine guards from anywhere.

In this thread, on page 1, Steve said: "If it was okey to ignore when Clinton removed the Marine gaurds on all but a select few Navy bases and replaced them with civilian contractors,,, " (my emphasis) So far he's shown that he doesn't know how the Chain of Command or the military budgeting process works.

Latest posts