• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A Lot of Bull

Help Support Ranchers.net:

A

Anonymous

I've been watching the Stevenson- Basin sale on Superior in between checking on cows...The just sold lot 300 a Future Direction son for $240,000... Some outfit out of Arkansas bought it... Thats either a lot of confidence in the beef industry or a lot of taxable money burning a hole in somebodies pockets that needed investing.....

Turkey Track Bar

Reaction score
Oldtimer---that is a huge amount to pay for a bull I agree---but I would guess that there will be some syndicate of the bull or leasing with an AI stud---just think that at $30 per straw that is only 8000 straws of semen. I do realize that the semen revenue will probably be shared---

We have a fellow breeder that once bought a bull for around $4000 (at the time that was a huge amount of money), leased that bull at the age of 5 (after he had proven himself) to a semen stud and has made well over $100,000 on semen sales alone.

Another thing about lot 300 is that he has truly awesome numbers--very balanced----probably this most awesome of all is that he is the all time highest ultrasounding bull for marbling---scanned a 9.57 which is at the highest level of prime while having the fifth largest ribeye of the 600 yearling bulls scanned at Stevenson-Basin. To my knowledge he is the first bull with a marbling epd over 1.0 (most are something like 0.4) and his is 1.02---

Now if he can prove himself----I received an email from the Angus Assn. with his picture--not too bad looking--sometimes unusual for a "numbers" bull.

I am not saying that I would pay that much ever for a bull---but the economics may work in such a way that the buyer makes money off of him!

Take care and cheers---

TTB

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
I get to pit in and A.I. 100 or so of his half sisters in a month or so lol. Guess I better go give my Future Direction calf some more bedding lol. Was kind of nice for us old Canuckleheads to find that bull and prove him lol.

Northern Rancher

Reaction score
Just checked that Stevenson calf out-he is an impressive looking individual-wonder whose going to end up selling him. Seems like along time ago I was looking at his Daddy up at Western Breeders in Balzac, Alta.

Hanta Yo

Reaction score
You have a point there, FH. I can't imagine any of our bulls selling for that amount, however, they have awesome genetics. I guess the proof will be in the puddin'. We are sorry about EXT because the proof never did show itself for a couple years and we are Very Sorry we ever bred anything to EXT.

A

Anonymous

Hanta Yo said:
You have a point there, FH. I can't imagine any of our bulls selling for that amount, however, they have awesome genetics. I guess the proof will be in the puddin'. We are sorry about EXT because the proof never did show itself for a couple years and we are Very Sorry we ever bred anything to EXT.

Prior to that bull- one sold for $40,000 and they were making quite an issue out of that price-- But then when the one went up to $240,000 even auctioneer Roger Jacobs was stammering a little....

alabama

Reaction score
I have some EXT daughters that I like very much. They are out of very genital cows though. That EXT sure marked his calves. I can walk through a pasture and often point out his daughters.

Latest posts