• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A Message From The POTUS

Help Support Ranchers.net:

TexasBred

Reaction score
Statement by President Obama on the Occasion of Ramadan

On behalf of the American people, Michelle and I extend our best wishes to Muslim communities here in the United States and around the world on the beginning of the blessed month of Ramadan.

A time for self-reflection and devotion through prayer and fasting, Ramadan is also an occasion when Muslims around the world reaffirm their commitment to helping the less fortunate, including those struggling because of economic hardship and inequality.

Here in the United States, we are grateful to the many Muslim American organizations, individuals, and businesses that are devoted to creating opportunity for all by working to reduce income inequality and poverty, not only through their charitable efforts, but also through their initiatives to empower students, workers and families with the education, skills and health care they deserve.

Ramadan also reminds us of our shared responsibility to treat others as we wish to be treated ourselves and the basic principles that bind people of different faiths together: a yearning for peace, justice, and equality. At a moment when too many people around the world continue to suffer from senseless conflict and violence, this sacred time reminds us of our common obligations to pursue justice and peace and to uphold the dignity of every human being.

As I've done every year as President, I look forward to welcoming Muslim Americans from across the United States to the White House for an iftar dinner. It will be another opportunity for me to convey America's appreciation for the contributions of Muslim Americans to our country and to wish Muslims around the world a month blessed with the joys of family, community, peace and understanding.

Ramadan Kareem

Yet never a word from this man at Christmas, Easter, or Passover.

TexasBred said:
Statement by President Obama on the Occasion of Ramadan

On behalf of the American people, Michelle and I extend our best wishes to Muslim communities here in the United States and around the world on the beginning of the blessed month of Ramadan.

A time for self-reflection and devotion through prayer and fasting, Ramadan is also an occasion when Muslims around the world reaffirm their commitment to helping the less fortunate, including those struggling because of economic hardship and inequality.

Here in the United States, we are grateful to the many Muslim American organizations, individuals, and businesses that are devoted to creating opportunity for all by working to reduce income inequality and poverty, not only through their charitable efforts, but also through their initiatives to empower students, workers and families with the education, skills and health care they deserve.

Ramadan also reminds us of our shared responsibility to treat others as we wish to be treated ourselves and the basic principles that bind people of different faiths together: a yearning for peace, justice, and equality. At a moment when too many people around the world continue to suffer from senseless conflict and violence, this sacred time reminds us of our common obligations to pursue justice and peace and to uphold the dignity of every human being.

As I've done every year as President, I look forward to welcoming Muslim Americans from across the United States to the White House for an iftar dinner. It will be another opportunity for me to convey America's appreciation for the contributions of Muslim Americans to our country and to wish Muslims around the world a month blessed with the joys of family, community, peace and understanding.

Ramadan Kareem

Yet never a word from this man at Christmas, Easter, or Passover.

Obama's 2013 Christmas message- watch video:
http://uinterview.com/news/president-obama-and-michelle-obama-send-christmas-message-9959

Obama Easter Message (and the Obama's did have an Easter dinner) :

This weekend, Michelle and I join our fellow Christians in marking Good Friday and celebrating Easter. We will reflect on the sacrifice that Jesus Christ made for us and rejoice in the triumph of the Resurrection. This season reminds us that God is always with us, in suffering and in celebration. We give thanks for the many blessings in our lives and renew our commitments to follow Christ's example by loving God and loving our neighbors as ourselves. We wish all who celebrate a blessed Easter.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/20/obama-easter-message_n_5175765.html

Obama Easter and Passover message-:
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Barack Obama is encouraging Americans to draw strength and inspiration from the Easter and Passover holidays.

In his weekly radio and Internet address, Obama says Holy Week and Easter are times for reflection and renewal. He says the common threat of humanity is a shared commitment to loving our neighbors as ourselves. He says there's no better time for people to rededicate themselves to that mission.

Obama also says the Easter story is one of hope and faith that better days are yet to come.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/04/19/obama-easter-passover_n_5178525.html

Hannukkah message (also hosted two dinners in 2013) :
Michelle and I send our warmest wishes to all those celebrating Hanukkah around the world.
This Hanukkah season we remember the powerful story of the Maccabees who rose up to liberate their people from oppression. Upon discovering the desecration of their Temple, the believers found only enough oil to light the lamp for one night. And yet it lasted for eight.

Hanukkah is a time to celebrate the faith and customs of the Jewish people, but it is also an opportunity for people of all faiths to recognize the common aspirations we share. This holiday season, let us give thanks for the blessings we enjoy, and remain mindful of those who are suffering. And let us reaffirm our commitment to building a better, more complete world for all.

From our family to the Jewish Community around the world, Chag Sameach

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tag/obama-hanukkah-message

Never a word about Christmas , Easter, Passover, or Hannukkah - then whats this :???:

Maybe if some of you folks would quit relying on the biased reporting of FAUX NEWS, Rush and Ann Coulter and do some looking at other media sources you would realize the radical right is feeding you a line of bull on a lot of this stuff...

like you do with boringwitz :wink: :wink: :wink:

Should not point fingers oldtimer cause you sure as he!! are not as innocent as you wish :roll: :roll:

OT hasn't figured out yet that his Dear Leader and DL's she man will use ANY EXCUSE to have a big blowout at taxpayer's expense.

Bring on the lobster, cracked crab, and Dom Perignon! We won!

Latest posts