• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

a new idea.

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Steve

Reaction score
an immigrant farm-worker permit..

proposed. .. sell permits for migrant farm workers

cost approximately $500 per worker per harvest period,..
plus normal payroll tax with-holding. including return bus/airfare held in escrow.

fingerprinting/DNA and background check requirements for each worker.
with a US issued red card.

fines up to $1000 per day for non-documented workers.
up to $500 per week for not leaving after work period ends.

would it work better then no process and illegals?

Larrry

Reaction score
Would you limit it to just the worker and not their families. It might get real expensive if they brought a bunch of pregnant wives over.

I've always thought they need to be a qualified worker in order to send money to Mexico. Western Union is doing a Land office business

Steve

Reaction score
Larrry said:
Would you limit it to just the worker and not their families. It might get real expensive if they brought a bunch of pregnant wives over.

I've always thought they need to be a qualified worker in order to send money to Mexico. Western Union is doing a Land office business

if the generous farmer wanting cheap labor wants to pay for the permits, payroll taxes, escrow return costs and background investigations for the whole family.. then I guess he could bring them over..

as for western union and any other money sent overseas.. withhold payroll/income tax equivalent and let them deduct it on their tax return if they file. ..

Latest posts