• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

A Political scandal

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Is accepting Money from unETHICAL sources.

• A Republican only problem.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A Democrat and Republican Problem.

• Not a problem.

• A Democrat Problem.

• Other.... (please explain.)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Steve

Reaction score
While Democrats and the "progressive" left were quick in trying
to brand the Abramoff scandal as a "Republican scandal," the
facts indicate that this declaration is just another attempt by
political opportunists at misdirection. In fact, Democrats do a
great job at feeding off the special interest trough.

According to Internal Revenue Service records, and
substantiated by the Campaign Finance Analysis Project, forty
of the forty-five members of the Democrat Senate Caucus took
money from Jack Abramoff, his associates, and their Indian tribe
clients. These recipients include:
Charles Schumer ($29,550),
Harry Reid ($68,941), Patty Murray ($78,991), Mary Landrieu
($28,000), John Kerry ($98,550), Ted Kennedy ($3,300), Tom
Harkin ($45,750), Dick Durbin ($14,000), Barbara Boxer
($20,250), Hillary Clinton ($12,950) and Byron Dorgan
($79,300).

When tallied, Senate Democrats and their national committees
accepted $3.1 million from Abramoff, his associates and clients,
compared with $4.3 million in contributions to Republicans. So,
the statement that this is exclusively a "Republican scandal" is
simply not true.
http://www.capitolhilljournal.com/art000000058.html

Most Senate Dems Took Abramoff Cash.
Senator John Kerry (D-MA), who received at least $98,550 in Abramoff-linked cash.
http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2006/1/6/100900.shtml

Dis wrote
you haven't showed anything that proves Kerry took money from Abramoff,

so unless Kerry is lieing to the IRS, then it's true!

adding in:
Sen. John Kerry accepted laundered contributions for his 1996 re-election campaign from the Communist Chinese government and that, in exchange, he may have arranged meetings between Chinese aerospace executives and U.S. government officials.

Obtained from the FBI through Freedom of Information Act and Privacy Act requests, the documents are related to the FBI's "Chinagate" investigation into the Clinton campaign's acceptance of contributions from Communist Chinese government sources.

"These disturbing FBI documents raise further questions about Sen. Kerry's involvement in what looks like a quid pro quo (cash for meetings) with the Communist Chinese," said Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton.
http://www.judicialwatch.org/kerry-contributions.shtml

Now back to my Questions Disagreeable refuses to answer.

1.Why wern't you whining back then about his ethics?

2.explain away Kerry's dirty money $98,550 from "Abramoff-linked cash"

3. Explain how Kerry recieving Dirty Money from the Chineses is some how acceptable?

4. What Delay actually recieved by "your standards" as Money directly from Abramoff.?

5.And while your at it....How is Communist China's Money any different from taking Abramoff's money?

Both were illigal.....both "doners" were convicted.....both sought to influance the lawmaker by dumping money in thier campaign funds....please enlighten US on how one is the doner's fault and the other is the Politician's fault....?????

Can't do it ?

Disagreeable has refused to answer the questions, why ?

Because she can't?

I'm not affraid to point out that there are problems on both sides of the fence I try to call 'em like I see 'em.

Other:
In our constant desire to over-simply our world, we tend to forget that there are more than just two sides of anything. Including political parties. Democrat and Republican parties might represent the lions share of political affiliations, but they're certainly not the be all and end all.
And taking money from unethical sources is a *human* problem, not partisan.

All you've shown, Steve, in spite of your bluster, is that Kerry and other Dems took money from "Jack Abramoff, his associates, and their Indian tribe clients". Nowhere does your article say they took money from Abramoff. So keep spinning and blowing smoke; I'll keep pointing out that Abramoff was "associated" with half of Washington, DC, and the indian tribes are free to donate money to anyone they want, as long as it's a legal donation. The fact that Abramoff was some tribe's main lobbyist doesn't make their money dirty. Why would Abramoff give money to a Democrat? Though the investigation is ongoing, I've yet to see any proof that any Dem took money from Abramoff. This doesn't show that they did.

ROTFLMAO! You're pretty pitiful, Steve. I can't get the "Judicialwatch" link to work, but if it's the same one you posted earlier, continue to post it all you want. It still doesn't mention Abramoff's name.BTW, You do know that Abramoff is not Chinese, don't you? :lol:

Steve whined:

Disagreeable has refused to answer the questions, why ?

Because she can't?

Because I'm not interested in ancient history. Because you're not an honest person: you continue to claim the Judicialwatch article links Kerry with Abramoff. It doesn't. Because you're trying to divert my attention away from the current Republican scandal to one where no politician was indicted or charged. Because you don't have a leg to stand on. So keep posting; I'll keep pointing out that it's spin.

theHiredMansWife said:
Other:
In our constant desire to over-simply our world, we tend to forget that there are more than just two sides of anything. Including political parties. Democrat and Republican parties might represent the lions share of political affiliations, but they're certainly not the be all and end all.
And taking money from unethical sources is a *human* problem, not partisan.

Amen! I always enoy your reasonable stance on these things, HMW.

Disagreeable said:
Steve whined:

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You're the whiniest person on this forum, Dis. I can practically hear your high-pitched, nasal voice through the computer screen. :lol:

mp.freelance said:
Disagreeable said:
Steve whined:

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black. You're the whiniest person on this forum, Dis. I can practically hear your high-pitched, nasal voice through the computer screen. :lol:

You have such an imagination, mp. Have you made that appointment with the Army recruiter yet? A youngster with your smarts would probably be great at clearing roadside bombs. Think of the lives you could save. Let us know when you report.

You have said some pretty rotten and distasteful things on here but that one there tops them all. You obviously have no morals or conscience about you and should appologize now. There are men and women over there, weather they are there for the right or wrong reasons, they are still there fighting for your safety. I know you don't think they are fighting for your safety you think they are there for President Bushs personal agenda, but reguardless they are performing one of the most selfless acts one can perform, and they do it for people like you and me, even though they don't even know us they still do it. Now you have the gall to suggest someone sign up so they can clear a roadside bomb. :mad: :mad: You have just sunk to a new low. I bet if we were all face to face you wouldn't have the guts to say that, and if you did, things would have just got out of hand. Thats the problem with boards like these people like you can say idiotic crap like that and get away with it.

Another tantrum! Am I impressed? No. mp has been very vocal on this board in his support for this war, but he refuses to put his own safety at risk. Someone has to clear the roadside bombs; why not him?

I have nothing but respect for our military. I'm about the only person on this board who does. Literally no one other than me has complained that Bush didn't send enough troops (in spite of professional soldier's recommendations), still hasn't got body armor for our troops and didn't even send their heavily armored vehicles! Soldiers are still welding armor on HumVs and buying their own body armor! Many people who supported the concept of the war are totally disgusted with the management of these incompetents! BTW, show me how the war in Iraq is making me safer?

If you have such a respect for our millitary and their well being please inform me on what you have done about it. What measures have you taken to try and help with all the problems they face. Surely a person with such a wealth of knowledge and respect has done something significant to help these brave men and women. Beside complaining on these boards because we all know what is said on here doesn't amount to a hill of beans at the end of the day. Please educate me on your heroic measures to help these poor millitary people.

BBJ said:
If you have such a respect for our millitary and their well being please inform me on what you have done about it. What measures have you taken to try and help with all the problems they face. Surely a person with such a wealth of knowledge and respect has done something significant to help these brave men and women. Beside complaining on these boards because we all know what is said on here doesn't amount to a hill of beans at the end of the day. Please educate me on your heroic measures to help these poor millitary people.

They're not "poor military people." One thing that I can credit Bush for is the increase in pay for the military. Too bad it's not enough with the war in Iraq to encourage people to join. They're dedicated Americans who choose to join the Army/military for various reasons. They have been badly served by this Administration and it makes me angry.

AGAIN WHAT HAVE YOU DONE? Don't skip the question?
As far as you being the only one complainig ....allow me to let you in on a little secret here.....

Maybe it's because you are WRONG. :eek: I know its a shock to me too but you can be wrong. :shock:

Ya know...
Judging by the fact that support for this war has been dropping almost as fast as enlistment rates (and consequently there is noise about pullouts), it would seem the whiners and complainers have gotten something done...

just my thoughts.

BBJ said:
You have said some pretty rotten and distasteful things on here but that one there tops them all. You obviously have no morals or conscience about you and should appologize now. There are men and women over there, weather they are there for the right or wrong reasons, they are still there fighting for your safety. I know you don't think they are fighting for your safety you think they are there for President Bushs personal agenda, but reguardless they are performing one of the most selfless acts one can perform, and they do it for people like you and me, even though they don't even know us they still do it. Now you have the gall to suggest someone sign up so they can clear a roadside bomb. :mad: :mad: You have just sunk to a new low. I bet if we were all face to face you wouldn't have the guts to say that, and if you did, things would have just got out of hand. Thats the problem with boards like these people like you can say idiotic crap like that and get away with it.

I wouldn't take it too personally. Dis and I have mixed it up in these forums quite a few times, and usually his/her only reply is to tell me to join the army. While I tried to argue rationally about the issue, all he/she can do is come back with ad hominem attacks. So, I respond in kind by mocking his/her (most likely) nasal and malcontent tone of voice. I least I can be creative in my insults, instead of repeating the same thing over and over.

As I've responded many times, Dis: I'm not claiming to be as brave as the men and women serving in Iraq. But even if I'm a coward, does it prove that there mission isn't worth it?

The very position that only people who've served the military have a right to support the troops is ridiculous. You're implying that the soldiers who have returned from Iraq are on your side, but I know several of them and this just isn't the case.

So - if I get a friend who served in Iraq or Afghanistan to come on this board and tell you off, will that make you change your opinion of the war because he served and I didn't? I seriously doubt it.

The very position that only people who've served the military have a right to support the troops is ridiculous. You're implying that the soldiers who have returned from Iraq are on your side, but I know several of them and this just isn't the case.

So - if I get a friend who served in Iraq or Afghanistan to come on this board and tell you off, will that make you change your opinion of the war because he served and I didn't? I seriously doubt it.

was this meant for me?

you continue to claim the Judicialwatch article links Kerry with Abramoff. It doesn't

No it doesn't ,,had you read it and what I said you would see it is another seperate issue where Kerry is directly linked to taking illigel money from a convicted Chinese agent laundering money and giveing it to Kerry......

so instead of just proving Kerry recieved Abramoff linked money,,I also proved that Kerry took illigel communist Chinese money......Guilty on two counts.........not just one count of Bad judgement......

so now do you see a pattern,,Kerry accepts dirty chinese money...and Dirty Abramoff money......Maybe Kerry is still accepting dirty money?

link is good I just used it......Maybe you can't figure it out?
http://www.judicialwatch.org/kerry-contributions.shtml

BBJ said:
was this meant for me?

Oops! No, it wasn't but I can see how you'd get that idea. I kind of switched over to addressing Dis without announcing it. I should have been more clear.

mp.freelance said:
BBJ said:
was this meant for me?

Oops! No, it wasn't but I can see how you'd get that idea. I kind of switched over to addressing Dis without announcing it. I should have been more clear.

OK good I was alittle worried there. :?

Latest posts