• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ABC Poll

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Disagreeable

Reaction score
I couldn't pass this one up. Link below; my emphasis.

Excerpts; link below; my emphasis. And I am smiling.

"An increasingly unpopular war, an ethics cloud, and broad economic discontent have pushed public opinion of the Bush administration from bad to worse, infecting not only the president's ratings on political issues but his personal credentials for honesty and leadership as well.
George W. Bush's approval ratings for handling his job, Iraq, terrorism and the economy are all at career-lows. Sixty percent of Americans disapprove of his work in office overall, a level of discontent unseen since recession chased his father from office. "

"With an indictment in the White House, just 40 percent call Bush honest and trustworthy — fewer than half for the first time — and 67 percent rate his handling of ethics in government negatively. Fewer than half call him a strong leader, another first. Two-thirds say he doesn't understand their problems, and nearly six in 10 say he doesn't share their values — again career-worst personal ratings on these attributes.On Iraq, a new high — 55 percent — say the Bush administration intentionally misled the American public in making its case for war, up 12 points from last spring. Sixty percent say the war was not worth fighting, up seven points just since August to another high.
And here at home, with gasoline at $2.48 a gallon (even if down from recent price peaks), 65 percent say the economy is in bad shape, and 68 percent say the nation is on the "wrong track," the most since 1996. The main reasons given: the economy, Iraq and Bush himself.
Adding to his woes, 59 percent in this ABC News/Washington Post poll say Bush's right hand man, Karl Rove, should resign."

"A striking feature of the president's predicament is the intensity of sentiment against him. Just 20 percent of Americans "strongly" approve of his work in office, the fewest of his career; more than twice as many, 47 percent, strongly disapprove, the most yet seen.
Even in his own party, just under half of Republicans, 49 percent, now strongly approve of Bush's job performance; it was 71 percent at the start of the year — a huge 22-point fall in home-crowd intensity. And it's a similar story among conservatives, another core Bush group: Their strong approval has fallen 14 points this year, to 38 percent.
In another measure of intensity, 25 percent of Americans say they're "angry" with the Bush administration, three times as many as are "pleased" with it.
Intensity follows through on views of the Iraq war: In still another first, nearly twice as many Americans now feel strongly that the war not worth fighting as those who feel strongly it was, 48 percent versus 25 percent."

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/PollVault/story?id=1278080

I think I will try do do my best Republican impersonation. Here goes. Well what do you expect coming from the liberal mainstream media anyway. They are just out to get Bush. He is doing such a wonderful job. Why everyone I talk to just loves Bush for a President.
There did I cover it all yet? No I forgot one thing it is all Clinton's fault.

reader (the Second) said:
it's amazing isn't it? talk about a teflon president among the hardcore...

his party is fed up
the polls show the US public is fed up
he's backing big business, oil companies, multinational packers
he's bankrupting our children and grandchildren
he's putting the US in debt to China
he's raping the wilderness
gasoline prices are at a historic high
the US is more unpopular than it has ever been
we are torturing prisoners of war and thus endangering our own soldiers
he's dragging science down to the lowest it has been in 75 years
his choices are wildly unpopular even with the conservatives
his veep and his righthand man have done things that would get others fired, stripped of clearances and probably thrown in jail

let's see, what else?

give it a break, no one is denying that there's good in conservatism but this president is a disaster. find a new conservative hero.
Raping the wilderness? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Man...that is rich...Tell me is the wilderness a lady or a tramp?

How about torturing the pow's???? That sounds evil as well.
How about if we raped the pow's and tortured the wilderness??? Would you be satisfied with that. Or like Saddam, Rape and torture children in front of parents. Or like the Sudan, we could boil people in oil for their religious convictions???Hmmmm how would you like that????I certainly don't think we have the worst leader in the world. I also don't think the Democrats could find a bette one last time. What does that say for your party. I don't think you'll find a better one this time from the front runners you have put forth. What do you want????Hilliary??? :lol: :lol: :lol: If I couldn't find a more electable candidate than Billiary , I would fold up my little satchel, take down my Democratic shingle and head for the house. It is silliary to think of all the bright , honest, brave , intellectual, well rounded, strait, Americans that surely vote democratic that hilliarious is the candidate of choice. You just can't write better scripts than what you democrats keep handing these talk radio republicans. Keep it up.

his party is fed up....with the liberal stonewallers

the polls show the US public is fed up....with the biased reporting

he's backing big business, oil companies, multinational packers...pro business equals employment and revenue

he's bankrupting our children and grandchildren.....get them a job, life is tough, get use to it

he's putting the US in debt to China....wait till China gets unions and liberals, then they will not have that cheap labor anymore either

he's raping the wilderness.....like "nature sex" ?? I always like to take my wife out in the pasture.....

gasoline prices are at a historic high....hello!!!!would it kill you to walk?

the US is more unpopular than it has ever been... really? since when was leading the world a popularity case?

we are torturing prisoners of war and thus endangering our own soldiers.... it is called WAR , playing by the rules is going to assure you a loss.

he's dragging science down to the lowest it has been in 75 years.... what the hell does this mean? is the world still flat ??

his choices are wildly unpopular even with the conservatives....I agree, he really pissed me off getting pickles on his hamburger the other day.

his veep and his righthand man have done things that would get others fired, stripped of clearances and probably thrown in jail.....good point, guess he should spend more time getting "favors" from interns...

all you Bush haters are the same......blah blah blah blah blah, lets stand Bush next to Ted Kennedy and see who is the better person. I know which one would be sober!

Just what is the fixation with Teddy Kennedy by some of you folks all about anyway? He is a senator with the minority party. Just how many folks from his state are on this forum? My guess is zero. As far as who is sober between him and G.W. I wouldn't bet on either one being the winner on that one.
Bush is the most fiscally irresponsible President in history and you "conservatives" are still in love with him. Pull your heads out. If you don't demand better you surely won't get anyone better next time around.

reader (the Second) said:
This is complex but I guess too complex for some of you to grasp.

Luckily for the US, al-Qaeda is making outrageous mistakes in Saudi Arabia, Egypt, and now in Jordan. And countries like France, Germany, Italy which have huge Muslim populations and therefore have been appeasing the Arab world are waking up to the fact that appeasement didn't work in WWII and geez it ain't gonna work now either.

You are right. I am quite sure it is way too complex for this old hillbilly. I will agree with you again, I say , like you do, appeasment won't work. I say bomb them till they cry uncle. Makes me no difference whether they have weapons of mass distruction. Glad me and you agree. You may be the first Jingoism expert I have ever met. Sure is nice to rub elbows with some of you smart folks.
You would think Al-Qaeda would be middle east experts as well though. I wonder why they keep making these political mistakes if it is a political war. On the other hand if it is a religious war, one to further islam, they wouldn't really care about Jordan or Germany etc. They probably don't even care about Jingoism. They just want to kill people till 1. all the other religions are dead or 2. everyone converts to islam out of fear.
I say it is our job to keep them from winning.

his party is fed up
Yet he won the election because we disliked Kerry more?

the polls show the US public is fed up,
The same polls said Kerry won the election?

he's backing big business, oil companies, multinational packers,
Big business, oil companies and even multinational packers answer to stock holders, many of whom vote, if they would wish for thier stock portfolio to tumble then they should have voted for Kerry,

he's bankrupting our children and grandchildren, just like Jimmy carter, Only slower? last I checked the economy is "still" growing...

he's putting the US in debt to China
Actually it was clinton who pushed for and recieved "The U.S. Senate on Tuesday voted to permanently normalize trade ties with China, capping years of negotiations with Beijing and intense lobbying by the Clinton administration, business and labor interests. so maybe we should really blame the person responsible???Bill Clinton??

he's raping the wilderness.
consider this one average daily newspaper consumes one tree per year, for each subscriber,
If every liberal newspaper shut down today it would save alot of trees,

gasoline prices are at a historic high
actually based on real doller numbers it was much higher during Carter's failed administration.

the US is more unpopular than it has ever been
so the people that hated US still do, so what, I could care less what some whiney ass in france thinks.....

we are torturing prisoners of war and thus endangering our own soldiers.
Maybe we should just behead them?

he's dragging science down to the lowest it has been in 75 years.
let see Maybe if Al hadn't invented the internet we would still be reading liberal newspapers and killing a tree each...
and maybe we should discus ethonal, seems my post showing how Bush pushed to double it in his first term, then pushed for a bill to increase it more was all but ignored, To complicated for you liberals I guess....

his choices are wildly unpopular even with the conservatives.
I am for his SS plan, in the current plan i will see a negative return on the invested principle, under my investment plan on the same portion on my income I have already made real gains, and converted some gains to real assets and improved my life by increasing my wealth, at the same time the value of my "investment in the Goverments ponzu scheme" has been devalued.......
I am for shooting Radical Islamic terrorists. dead, is okey with me,
I would like US to drop some very big bombs on some of these other Assholes to,Syria, North Korea, Iran, and france comes to mind as good starting points....

his veep and his righthand man have done things that would get others fired, stripped of clearances and probably thrown in jail.
Guess you forgot about ....

William Jefferson Clinton- Impeached by the House of Representatives over allegations of perjury and obstruction of justice, but acquitted by the Senate. Scandals include Whitewater - Travelgate Gennifer Flowersgate - Filegate - Vince Fostergate - Whitewater Billing Recordsgate - Paula Jonesgate- Lincoln Bedroomgate - Donations from Convicted Drug and Weapons Dealersgate - Lippogate - Chinagate - The Lewinsky Affair - Perjury and Jobs for Lewinskygate - Kathleen Willeygate - Web Hubbell Prison Phone Callgate - Selling Military Technology to the Chinesegate - Jaunita Broaddrick Gate - Lootergate - Pardongate

Edward Moore Kennedy - Democrat - U. S. Senator from Massachusetts. Pleaded guilty to leaving the scene of an accident, after his car plunged off a bridge on Chappaquiddick Island killing passenger Mary Jo Kopechne.

Barney Frank - Democrat - U.S. Representative from Massachusetts from 1981 to present. Admitted to having paid Stephen L. Gobie, a male prostitute, for sex and subsequently hiring Gobie as his personal assistant. Gobie used the congressman's Washington apartment for prostitution. A move to expel Frank from the House of Representatives failed and a motion to censure him failed.

DNC - The Federal Election Commission imposed $719,000 in fines against participants in the 1996 Democratic Party fundraising scandals involving contributions from China, Korea and other foreign sources. The Federal Election Commission said it decided to drop cases against contributors of more than $3 million in illegal DNC contributions because the respondents left the country or the corporations are defunct.

Sandy Berger - Democrat - National Security Advisor during the Clinton Administration. Berger became the focus of a criminal investigation after removing highly classified terrorism documents and handwritten notes from the National Archives during preparations for the Sept. 11 commission hearings.

Robert Torricelli - Democrat - Withdrew from the 2002 Senate race with less than 30 days before the election because of controversy over personal gifts he took from a major campaign donor and questions about campaign donations from 1996.

James McGreevey - Democrat - New Jersey Governor . Admitted to having a gay affair. Resigned after allegations of sexual harassment, rumors of being blackmailed on top of fundraising investigations and indictments.

R2 says: absolutely makes outing a CIA agent, lying under oath, choosing incompetent cronies for the Supreme Court, and sinking the U.S. deeply into depth perfectly fine.
Give me a break.... Everyone on her block knew she worked for the CIA. The only thing close to her being a real CIA agent is that she stared with the same classes as the REAL CIA agents and she was assigned to pushing papers.... You'll have to try another one. That dog won't hunt...
We never even got to see what Mrs. Miers was all about...How would you like it if we judged you the same???
What's depth??? :roll:

katrina said:
R2 says: absolutely makes outing a CIA agent, lying under oath, choosing incompetent cronies for the Supreme Court, and sinking the U.S. deeply into depth perfectly fine.
Give me a break.... Everyone on her block knew she worked for the CIA. The only thing close to her being a real CIA agent is that she stared with the same classes as the REAL CIA agents and she was assigned to pushing papers.... You'll have to try another one. That dog won't hunt...
We never even got to see what Mrs. Miers was all about...How would you like it if we judged you the same???
What's depth??? :roll:

Oh that dog will hunt, Katrina. The CIA felt outing Valarie Plame was damaging to their ability to protect this country, so they asked a Republican Justice Department to investigate. A Special Prosecutor has indicted a Presidential Aide and VP Assistant, Scooter Libby, for purjery in outing a CIA agent.

Some of Plames neighbors knew she worked at the CIA. Some didn't. But that doesn't matter. Any agent is covered for five (5) years after she comes in from undercover. Valarie Plame's outing was well within that five years. But that's not why Libby was indicted. He was indicited for lying to a Grand Jury! Surely you're not going to say that's ok? :lol:

As for Harriet Miers, the Dems had nothing to do with her name being withdrawn! It was Conservatives who forced Bush to withdraw her name. All the Dems had to do was sit on the sidelines and smile while voters watched the right wing wackos hang George W. Bush out to dry.

The sins of the Democrats -- especially anything having to do with S-E-X and personal flaws

which is worse attempting to correct a misleading critic, (wilson) or naming your gay foriegn lover to head you states homeland security department?..

it is more then a personnel flaw when you place the security of your gay relationship above the security of your state and country, it was not about JUST SEX!!!! maybe had the media focused on the true crime in this case the liberals could have at least admonished him for his increadible crime against the state of New Jersey and this country....

But I guess since you can't answer my attempt to correct you misleading statement it is sooooo, much easier to defend the criminal antics of your party.....

you made the baseless claims I answered, it was an attack, by you, in which I proved your liberal allegation false.....

He was indicited for lying to a Grand Jury!

The House of Representatives impeached President Bill Clinton Saturday on charges of lying under oath to a federal grand jury and obstructing justice

Surely you're not going to say that's ok?

same crime differant tune, thank you liberal hot air radio,,,,,,,

Steve said:
The sins of the Democrats -- especially anything having to do with S-E-X and personal flaws

which is worse attempting to correct a misleading critic, (wilson) or naming your gay foriegn lover to head you states homeland security department?..

In the first place, no one was trying to "correct" Joe Wilson. Like the cowardly dogs they are, they attacked Joe Wilson's wife. A STATE homeland security office! Well, he couldn't be any worse than the head of FEMA that the Bush Bunch put into office. Or how about the marginally qualified woman Bush is trying to put in charge of ICE; or the half dozen pals he put on the panel to evaluate intelligence for the United States? Those croneys have much more potential to harm US security than the head of NJ's Homeland Security Dept.

it is more then a personnel flaw when you place the security of your gay relationship above the security of your state and country, it was not about JUST SEX!!!! maybe had the media focused on the true crime in this case the liberals could have at least admonished him for his increadible crime against the state of New Jersey and this country....

ROTFLMAO! Spin, spin. If you think anyone takes the government of NJ as seriously as they take the Federal Government, you're delusional. Be sure and note that the voters in NJ in the recent election for governor.still elected a Democratic over the Republican candidate I can only figure that they weren't as put off by the former Governor's actions as you are. :D

But I guess since you can't answer my attempt to correct you misleading statement it is sooooo, much easier to defend the criminal antics of your party.....

you made the baseless claims I answered, it was an attack, by you, in which I proved your liberal allegation false.....

What criminal antics? Voting for the war in Iraq? I hardly think Senators can be blamed for that since the Bush Bunch downplayed as much negative information as they could and hyped all the information that they though could support Bush's desire to attack Iraq.

By the Way, I really don't think I've seen you prove anything on this board.

katrina said:
Sorry , but she isn't a REAL agent. No law was broken.... Try again. R2.

Keep spinning, Katrina. You can plug ears and cover your eyes, but the rest of the world knows that's not true. Link below; my emphasis.

"Little is known of Plame's professional career. While undercover, she had described herself as an "energy analyst" for the private company "Brewster, Jennings & Associates" which the CIA later acknowledged was a front company for certain investigations. "Brewster Jennings" was first entered into Dun and Bradstreet records on May 22, 1994 but D&B would not discuss the source of the filing. D&B records list the company as a "legal services office," located at 101 Arch Street, Boston, Massachusetts.
One former CIA official, Larry C. Johnson, indicated Plame had been a "non-official cover operative" (NOC). He explained: "...that meant she agreed to operate overseas without the protection of a diplomatic passport. If caught in that status she would have been executed." David Armstrong, an Andover researcher for the Public Education Center, believed that the Brewster Jennings & Associates cover had not been done convincingly and that other covers would have been established for her by the CIA.
Speaking in a press conference on October 28, 2005, Special Counsel Patrick Fitzgerald said,
"Valerie Wilson was a CIA officer. In July 2003, the fact that Valerie Wilson was a CIA officer was classified. Not only was it classified, but it was not widely known outside the intelligence community. Valerie Wilson's friends, neighbors, college classmates had no idea she had another life."It has been speculated that Plame likely would have worked in the office of former CIA Deputy Director of Operations (DDO) James Pavitt. Subsequent information refines this, indicating that she was employed in the Counterproliferation Division of the Directorate of Operations (DO/CPD) and had been a career clandestine intelligence officer in the DO for approximately twenty years. Some reports suggest that she was attached to the Weapons Intelligence, Nonproliferation and Arms Control center (WINPAC). This appears to be incorrect, as WINPAC is an inter-agency organization administratively located in the CIA's Directorate of Intelligence and most of its employees are not under permanent cover.
Plame is now known to have served in a classified position as a CIA officer. At his October 28, 2005, press conference, Special Counsel Fitzgerald noted this clearly:
Valerie Wilson was a CIA officer. In July 2003, the fact that Valerie Wilson was a CIA officer was classified. Not only was it classified, but it was not widely known outside the intelligence community. Valerie Wilson's friends, neighbors, college classmates had no idea she had another life. The fact that she was a CIA officer was not well-known, for her protection or for the benefit of all us. It's important that a CIA officer's identity be protected, that it be protected not just for the officer, but for the nation's security. Valerie Wilson's cover was blown in July 2003. The first sign of that cover being blown was when Mr. Novak published a column on July 14th, 2003."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valerie_Plame

R2: I am tougher on terrorists than most of you. I've been through a terrorist attack myself and this is my area. I studied Islamic history for 19 years. Jingoism (if you even know what that is) does NOT combat terrorism. Real CT efforts, well funded and well run and FOCUSED are necessary. Giving contracts to cronies doesn't count. I am sick at how political on both sides the war on terrorism is when we had a wake up call on 9/11.
I don't know about the rest of you, but I find these comments by reader2 to be incredibly condescending.

To begin, I doubt that any of the conservatives on this board would be softer on terrorists than R2. Giving terrorists a break at the expense of our own national security is a do-gooder liberal tendency, not anything one would attribute to hard-headed patriotic conservatives.

So you've been through a terrorist attack yourself, huh? If that makes you an authority on terrorist activity, I guess I'm qualified for the same designation. Both my nephews work for the federal government in Washington, DC. For hours after the terrorists crashed that plane into the Pentagon, I sat by the phone with my mother and sister, trying desperately to locate both boys and praying for their safety until they were able to get through to us on their cell phones. The father-in-law of one of my nephews, a former CIA official and chairman of the board of the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies, was not heard from for even longer because he was in lockdown with Vice President Cheney and the security council as they tried to make sense of the catastrophe.

While I would never claim to be an expert on Islamic terrorism based on my family's brush with death, they do qualify as experts. Care to debate issues with them?

You've studied Islamic history for 19 years? So? What does that have to do with anything? I've studied World History and American History for most of my life and find our present conflict with radical Islam just more instance of history repeating itself. We have no choice but to fight the terrorists anywhere they happen to be so we hopefully don't have a repeat of 9-11.

Jingoism, which is "extreme nationalism marked especially by a belligerent foreign policy", according to Webster, has nothing to do with either combating or encouraging Islamic terrorism and I don't believe anyone on this board has suggested that it does.

Radical Islam is the antithesis of anything that offers freedom of religion or encourages freedom of expression and the liberation of women.

R2: This is complex but I guess too complex for some of you to grasp

What an arrogant comment! I hope you realize that we poor redneck ranchers out here in the hinterlands are here because we choose to live where we do and do the work we love because this is what we want to do. It really isn't that we are too dumb to do anything else, in spite of what you would like to believe. The level of education of the average rancher is far above the level of education of the average resident of Washington, DC, New York City or Los Angeles, and what we lack in formal education, we pick up in the school of hard knocks, receiving what my uncle would call a DDE (degree of direct experience).

R2: If it was classified that Valerie Plame worked for the CIA and if White House officials learned of her employment because of their security clearances providing them access to such information, then what they did was ILLEGAL, grounds for prosecution, imprisonment, and loss of security clearances.

It appears that YES it was classified that she worked for the CIA.

By the way, even if they learned of it some other way, if as a result of having clearances themselves they knew it and disclosed it, it was extremely misguided and possibly still illegal.
Really? So why has no one been indicted for this supposedly illegal activity? Could it possibly be that no illegal acts were committed?

R2: Go read some books on these subjects since you all appear to not have educated yourselves. Or rather, months ago you would have said fire the bastards and now you're excusing illegal and endangering behavior on the part of high level officials. Go figure.
Methinks that there is some education lacking here and if you happen by a mirror you'll espy that uneducated and ill-mannered person. None of the conservatives on this board have excused illegal behavior on the part of anyone from the president on down. Liberals, on the other hand, seem to be perfectly willing to overlook malfeasance and maleficence from any miscreant, provided said miscreant is also liberal.

Great post, Liberty Belle. Like you, I am proud to be a Redneck Conservative, with a "DDE" behind my name.

The "sophistication" that the Liberals think they have, is rather like "the Emperor's new clothes"--it is very transparent. Even though their clothing is made from material that is all but invisible, the word DAFT can still be seen in finely embroidered letters. :wink:

Liberty Belle said:
I don't know about the rest of you, but I find these comments by reader2 to be incredibly condescending.
Extraordinarily so.

I agree with Soapweed, by the way:
Soapweed said:
Great post, Liberty Belle.

Latest posts