• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ABC Poll

Help Support Ranchers.net:

You folks are reminding me why I am a registered Independent. :wink: Too many politicians and not enough statesmen.

To Reader 2, and those touting the loss of the New Jersey Governors election as indication that the NJ republicans are fed up with Bush, or the war in Iraq,

Interesting spin at best but in a complex issue it shows how you fail to grasp basic concepts, and get it wrong again,

if you looked at the registered Dems Numbers, the Registered Republican numbers you would have "easily" seen that most voted down party lines,

On Tuesday, Douglas R. Forrester, a wealthy Republican businessman, was soundly defeated by Senator Jon S. Corzine, a wealthy Democrat and a former chairman of Goldman Sachs, 44 percent to 53 percent.

so with "polls showing" Republicans voted 90% or higher for thier party affiliation, with Dems showing an equal or "less" percentage, I fail to see this as a test case, or even a surprise..

but to see the press spin it you would think that New Jersey was a republican strong hold with 53 percent of Registered Republicans voting for Corzine because of the handling of the Iraq war....

And it's a shame that we can't have a fun and spirited and open debate.

while I agree,,,,,, it seems that a few disagree,

but why is it when I addressed each of your concerns the only one you answered were the proof showing that the dems in office were indicted or convicted of the same if not worse,,,,,, it was only "about sex"

and still failed to show any debate on other subjects?

as for Virgina,,,, the suberbs of DC are growing at a increadible rate, and the registered voter break down in the state is changing with the new influx of residents,

and it is not like an incombant Republican lost to a democrat challenger, in fact it was more the incumbant LT. Governor stepping into the democratic held position...

Largely rural Virginia has been a traditional Republican stronghold, but Democratic Gov. Mark Warner (search) was able to wrest the political tide in his favor four years ago and maintains high approval ratings. Virginia law does not allow consecutive terms for the seat of governor, so Warner has thrown his formidable support behind his lieutenant governor, Tim Kaine

Yet Democratic sites show that the Split between those that claim to be Republican is less the 3% points away from those that claim to be democrat, (yet it is considered a Republican strong hold?)

Kilgore faced a "difficult road," given the fact that the commonwealth currently has a "popular Democrat governor with high approval numbers."

while it does not "explain it" it does show that it is not how the liberal media is "explaining it" is not as it should be shown,

The NJ voters voted along party lines, ( hardly a surprise) The Virginian voters voted for a Democrat just like they did 4 years ago, ( hardly a surprise) YET,,The Liberal Media ( and the DNC) are acting as if the Democrats made the two biggest upsets in the history of politics...but then again thats hardly a surprise,

R2:Illegal is illegal. I know you know more than I do about cattle and ranches and many many things but excusing illegal and endangering acts by your highest officials is foolish and I tell it like it is.
Who has been excusing illegal and endangering acts? No one I can see on this board. I wish you really WOULD "tell it like it is".

R2: I'm serious. Go learn about what it means to have a security clearance and the responsibility your officials have to guard classified information and the repercussions for disclosing classified material.
We do know what that means, do you? Again, you are making the mistake of thinking that we are only capable of reading and deciphering ag magazines and trade journals. Some of us even read and understand the Wall Street Journal, the Washington Post and the New York Times, evidently much better than you do. Kindly list the names of ANY ONE in the Bush administration charged with disclosing classified material, although I am a news junky, I must have missed reading about those indictments.

R2:I was not knocking Conservatives whatsoever. I was saying that NOTHING excuses illegal activities -- by Democrats or Republicans, liberals or conservatives.
I wholeheartedly agree.

R2:True conservatives should be very concerned about the deficit and the level of government interference in states' rights and individuals' rights. Turn on the television, read the newspapers.
If you have read any of my posts on here you should know that I am very concerned about these issues and have been through every administration since I've been old enough to be aware of what is happening, not only in Washington, but in our state capitol. I would also note that any spending bills must come from the House of Representatives, not the White House, and all must be passed into law by both houses of Congress before the president gets a chance to sign or veto. The blame for the high deficit can be laid at the feet of every politician, Democrat or Republican, who voted for all that pork in an effort to buy votes from the voters in their districts.

R2:There's a national debate about us needing a plan to turn Iraq over to the Iraqis and draw down our human and economic investment.
And would you give our enemies a time table for withdrawal so all they need do is lay low and wait us out? That would be incredibly foolhardy.

R2:What I object to is blind worship of GW, just as I objected to blind worship of Clinton. Your politicians are NOT statesmen with a few exceptions and they are both overly politically and in some cases fairly flawed.
I worship only one God and, as much as I like the guy, GW isn't Him. Politicians are human, at least most of them are, and as such, they have faults and failings just like the rest of us.

Soapweed said:
Sandhusker said:
You folks are reminding me why I am a registered Independent. :wink: Too many politicians and not enough statesmen.

Isn't the Chinese word for "Independent" wishee-washee? :wink: :)

You sound like our fine local beautician. She works election board and I always give them confusion on what ballots I get and don't. Every year she tells me to "Pick a party, I don't care which one but just pick a party".

I guess I'm an Independant because I see way too many politicians on both sides of the aisle working for the party and not the people. It really torks me off. I think this two-party system confuses them on who they are actually supposed to be working for.

Ms Ding Dong said:
I would also note that any spending bills must come from the House of Representatives, not the White House, and all must be passed into law by both houses of Congress before the president gets a chance to sign or veto. The blame for the high deficit can be laid at the feet of every politician, Democrat or Republican, who voted for all that pork in an effort to buy votes from the voters in their districts.

The blame for the deficit does not lie on "every politician." The Republican Party has been in charge of our government, effectively, for five years. They've had the House, where many spending bills originate for ten years. A Democratic President and divided Senate paid off the huge Federal deficit that George Bush I left this country.

George W. Bush gave that surplus away, mainly to the richest people in this country. And he knew we were going to war! Bush has not vetoed a spending bill since he's been President. We're spending $billion a week (actually I think it's now $1.1 billion) in Iraq so the Iraqis can have 5 cent gasoline, new schools, better roads while the House tries to "balance" the budget on the backs of the poor, elderly, sick, young, students, here in the US while contemplating another huge round of tax cuts for the wealthy. If that doesn't digust you, nothing will.

A Democratic President and divided Senate paid off the huge Federal deficit that George Bush I left this country.

That's funny. Take a look and see if the deficit was paid during the Clinton years:

http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpenny.htm

Mike said:
A Democratic President and divided Senate paid off the huge Federal deficit that George Bush I left this country.

That's funny. Take a look and see if the deficit was paid during the Clinton years:

http://www.publicdebt.treas.gov/opd/opdpenny.htm
Mike there is an ENORMOUS difference between 5.7 TRILLION and 8 TRILLION.

Latest posts