• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

about those FEMA prison camps

Help Support Ranchers.net:

while I am not a fan of Rachel Maddow, while she is a far left liberal she can and does speak out against liberal politicians from time to time.

prolonged detention is a sad reality of a war against an radical ideals.. Israel and Ireland have dealt with the reality for decades.. it is impossible to stomp out hate and distorted ideals.. you can only hope the civilized society they develop in can stand up to them and show them it is wrong.. and it may take a thousand years to get the radical muslims to that point.. a bit to long to detain a person without a charge or a trial in a free civilized country such as ours..

why has Obama shifted to George Bush's position on many of these issues?

Is it because he was slapped in the face with reality.. or because he feels the new powers will give him more flexibility to forward his communist agenda?

Obama's action have not met up with Obama's promises. he has shown her will step all over his ideals to further his presidency..

I think her main point was "prolonged detention" of American citizens and the trampling of our rights secured by our Constitution!

Lonecowboy said:
I think her main point was "prolonged detention" of American citizens and the trampling of our rights secured by our Constitution!

detaining prisoners of war is one thing.. . not returning them to the battlefield until the hostilities are finished has been the responsible and humane way of actually finishing a war.. and is upheld by our Constitution

to say it is contradiction or violation of the constitution is not correct.

The U.S. Constitution specifically includes the habeas procedure in the Suspension Clause(Clause 2), located in Article One, Section 9.

Section 9: Limits on Congress
The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.

With terrorists there are new problems in detention that some have not been able to reconcile with our Constitution.. some argue because terrorism does not fit the classic description of rebellion or invasion..

many incorrectly rely on the invasion to apply to prisoners of war.. but Terrorism does fit the classic definition of rebellion.

Rebellion, uprising or insurrection, is a refusal of obedience or order.

so if that is her main point then she is wrong... if her point was to show that President Obama does not have the right to detain without congressional approval and is overstepping his authority again them I would agree with her.. as I did.

Latest posts