• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

ACORN-Voter Fraud-HUGE Fine?

Help Support Ranchers.net:

Mike

Reaction score
A Nevada judge on Wednesday gave ACORN, the defunct grass-roots community organization, the maximum fine for its illegal voter-registration scheme in that state.

District Court Judge Donald Mosley was blunt and unsparing in his criticism of the discredited activist group. Citing the long history of voter registration fraud allegations that engulfed ACORN across the country, he slapped the group with a $5,000 fine for violating Nevada election law during the 2008 presidential election.

Mosley, reading the pre-sentence report, listed a series of voter registration fraud allegations against ACORN workers. He said that if the claims have been true, then "It is making a mockery of our election process. If I had an individual in this courtroom...who was responsible for this kind of thing, I would put that person in prison for 10 years, hard time, and not think twice about it," he said. "To me this is reprehensible. This is the kind of thing you see in some banana republic, Uruguay or someplace, not in the United States."

In Nevada, ACORN pleaded guilty to one felony count of unlawful compensation for registration of voters, stemming from an illegal voter registration scheme in its Las Vegas office during in the 2008 race.

The group paid a bonus to workers to sign up 21 or more voters per shift, calling the program "21," or "Blackjack."

It is illegal in Nevada to pay bonuses to register voters.

The case was the first and so far only prosecution of ACORN itself. The previous ACORN cases that made headlines nationwide, included numerous convictions of ACORN employees for voter registration fraud.

Allegations ranged from trying to register dead people and making up fictitious voters, to plucking names out of the phone book.

"This is not a voter registration fraud case, it is an improper compensation case," countered Lisa Rasmussen, the ACORN attorney, who argued that the fine should only be $1,000.

She told the court that "ACORN registered some tens of thousands of people to vote in the 2008 election, who would not have otherwise registered or voted."

She claimed that the Las Vegas bonus program was "not something that was implemented with the permission of ACORN's corporate management."

ACORN's Nevada field director, Christopher Edwards, had previously pleaded guilty, cooperated with prosecutors, and testified against the organization in court.

In November, ACORN'S regional director, Amy Busefink, who also worked for the nationwide group Project Vote, pleaded no contest to charges and was also sentenced to probation.

The Nevada Secretary of State, Democrat Ross Miller, told Fox News that the case shows voter registration fraud will be prosecuted.

"The message out there is that we are not just going to look the other way, when we see these type of violations. We are going to aggressively pursue them, and I think that will deter people from engaging in that type of activity."

Court papers claim that ACORN is essentially out of business. Its lawyer, Arthur Schwartz, claimed that as of April of last year, it has no more employees, maintained only "one small office in New York," and "had real assets of less than $4,000," and "liabilities of more than $4 million."

"ACORN does not exist," Schwartz simply claimed.

But critics like Matthew Vadum, author of the new book about the group, Subversion, Inc., warn that "this is not the end of ACORN."

"ACORN state chapters have been reorganizing under assumed names," says Vadum, noting that new groups have popped up in former ACORN offices.

He predicts that former ACORN workers will be back on the streets conducting voter registration efforts for the 2012 presidential election.

"I expect ACORN will run voter drives under the new front groups...I have no doubt that this new election season will spawn new charges."

After the sentencing, ACORN's attorney denied that the group tried to subvert the electoral process and said that she is not aware of any plans for ACORN to reorganize in time for the 2012 elections.

In an interview with Fox News, Rasmussen said: "They were not convicted of submitting false voting registration petitions. They were not convicted of voter registration fraud."

She said she does not think the conviction "has any impact on the voter registration process."

But prosecutor Patrick Ferguson, senior Nevada deputy attorney general, told Fox News that: "The practices that occurred in this case will have the effect of subverting the election process, and that is why we have these laws on the books, to make sure that these practices don't lead to voter fraud."

He called the $5,000 fine "an appropriate sentence," and said that "It sends the message to know and follow our voter registration laws and our election laws here in the state of Nevada."

Fox Voter Fraud Unit Producer Meredith Orban and Pete Griffin contribute to this report. If you suspect voter fraud or election problems where you live, e-mail: [email protected]. Fox News has investigated charges of voter illegalities ranging from faked absentee ballots to the alleged exploitation of vulnerable adults.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/10/judge-gives-maximum-and-fines-acorn-5000-for-illegal-voter-registration-scheme/#ixzz1UjLlmS00

Mike said:
A Nevada judge on Wednesday gave ACORN, the defunct grass-roots community organization, the maximum fine for its illegal voter-registration scheme in that state.

District Court Judge Donald Mosley was blunt and unsparing in his criticism of the discredited activist group. Citing the long history of voter registration fraud allegations that engulfed ACORN across the country, he slapped the group with a $5,000 fine for violating Nevada election law during the 2008 presidential election.

Mosley, reading the pre-sentence report, listed a series of voter registration fraud allegations against ACORN workers. He said that if the claims have been true, then "It is making a mockery of our election process. If I had an individual in this courtroom...who was responsible for this kind of thing, I would put that person in prison for 10 years, hard time, and not think twice about it," he said. "To me this is reprehensible. This is the kind of thing you see in some banana republic, Uruguay or someplace, not in the United States."

In Nevada, ACORN pleaded guilty to one felony count of unlawful compensation for registration of voters, stemming from an illegal voter registration scheme in its Las Vegas office during in the 2008 race.

The group paid a bonus to workers to sign up 21 or more voters per shift, calling the program "21," or "Blackjack."

It is illegal in Nevada to pay bonuses to register voters.

The case was the first and so far only prosecution of ACORN itself. The previous ACORN cases that made headlines nationwide, included numerous convictions of ACORN employees for voter registration fraud.

Allegations ranged from trying to register dead people and making up fictitious voters, to plucking names out of the phone book.

"This is not a voter registration fraud case, it is an improper compensation case," countered Lisa Rasmussen, the ACORN attorney, who argued that the fine should only be $1,000.

She told the court that "ACORN registered some tens of thousands of people to vote in the 2008 election, who would not have otherwise registered or voted."

She claimed that the Las Vegas bonus program was "not something that was implemented with the permission of ACORN's corporate management."

ACORN's Nevada field director, Christopher Edwards, had previously pleaded guilty, cooperated with prosecutors, and testified against the organization in court.

In November, ACORN'S regional director, Amy Busefink, who also worked for the nationwide group Project Vote, pleaded no contest to charges and was also sentenced to probation.

The Nevada Secretary of State, Democrat Ross Miller, told Fox News that the case shows voter registration fraud will be prosecuted.

"The message out there is that we are not just going to look the other way, when we see these type of violations. We are going to aggressively pursue them, and I think that will deter people from engaging in that type of activity."

Court papers claim that ACORN is essentially out of business. Its lawyer, Arthur Schwartz, claimed that as of April of last year, it has no more employees, maintained only "one small office in New York," and "had real assets of less than $4,000," and "liabilities of more than $4 million."

"ACORN does not exist," Schwartz simply claimed.

But critics like Matthew Vadum, author of the new book about the group, Subversion, Inc., warn that "this is not the end of ACORN."

"ACORN state chapters have been reorganizing under assumed names," says Vadum, noting that new groups have popped up in former ACORN offices.

He predicts that former ACORN workers will be back on the streets conducting voter registration efforts for the 2012 presidential election.

"I expect ACORN will run voter drives under the new front groups...I have no doubt that this new election season will spawn new charges."

After the sentencing, ACORN's attorney denied that the group tried to subvert the electoral process and said that she is not aware of any plans for ACORN to reorganize in time for the 2012 elections.

In an interview with Fox News, Rasmussen said: "They were not convicted of submitting false voting registration petitions. They were not convicted of voter registration fraud."

She said she does not think the conviction "has any impact on the voter registration process."

But prosecutor Patrick Ferguson, senior Nevada deputy attorney general, told Fox News that: "The practices that occurred in this case will have the effect of subverting the election process, and that is why we have these laws on the books, to make sure that these practices don't lead to voter fraud."

He called the $5,000 fine "an appropriate sentence," and said that "It sends the message to know and follow our voter registration laws and our election laws here in the state of Nevada."

Fox Voter Fraud Unit Producer Meredith Orban and Pete Griffin contribute to this report. If you suspect voter fraud or election problems where you live, e-mail: [email protected]. Fox News has investigated charges of voter illegalities ranging from faked absentee ballots to the alleged exploitation of vulnerable adults.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/08/10/judge-gives-maximum-and-fines-acorn-5000-for-illegal-voter-registration-scheme/#ixzz1UjLlmS00

Bottom line is that ACORN paid its employees or people working for them a bonus for doing their job and registering at least 21 people during their shift?

Unless there is more to this story, it is a perfect example of Fox's Tabloid journalism.

I am not saying that it was right to offer this program to employees under Nevada law, but the way Fox has framed this wrong doing is nothing but Tabloid journalism.

If there was actual voter fraud, I would be more amenable to the outrage. It looks like there were a few lower level people who tried to make a few more bucks off of a organizational program.

Now compare that to what some business do. Why is there not so much outrage over real frauds?

The story has become based on the sensationalism, not the facts. This is typical of tabloid journalism.

Admittedly I did not go on and read further on the link.

Sometimes one needs to put this stuff in perspective or we will all be visited by aliens and taken into spacecraft.

Were any of the dead people registered? Did any of the fictitious names actually get registered and did they show up to vote? Who cares if they plucked names out of the phone book and tried to register them? Did any of these get registered illegally or were they just turned in to the organization to get the 21 blackjack program. Unless these people were people higher up in the organization putting these things through, this is nothing big.

Some people go nuts over ACORN. I think they are nuts.

Tex

By reading the above statement from the judge, a normal sane person could tell this is not Media sensationalism.

The lowly people registering voters knows that you cannot pluck people from a phone book or register dead people. AND, their higher ups in ACORN should be imprisoned for condoning it.

This should be the biggest story of all the news agencies. Democrats have a history of these type maneuvers during voting and the liberal media go ho-hum.

Speaking of nuts.............................................

Bottom line is that ACORN paid its employees or people working for them a bonus for doing their job and registering at least 21 people during their shift?
Yes, for illegally registering voters. Plus the fact that ACORN has been knowing, promoting, and condoning illegal voter participation for quite some time, just to siphon money from the gov't and to give it back to their preferred candidate (Dems) in campaign contributions.

It's a circle of money that must be unbroken. Do you even know how much money ACORN got from the gov't? :roll:

Mike said:

By reading the above statement from the judge, a normal sane person could tell this is not Media sensationalism.

The lowly people registering voters knows that you cannot pluck people from a phone book or register dead people. AND, their higher ups in ACORN should be imprisoned for condoning it.

This should be the biggest story of all the news agencies. Democrats have a history of these type maneuvers during voting and the liberal media go ho-hum.

Yes, for illegally registering voters. Plus the fact that ACORN has been knowing, promoting, and condoning illegal voter participation for quite some time, just to siphon money from the gov't and to give it back to their preferred candidate (Dems) in campaign contributions.

It's a circle of money that must be unbroken. Do you even know how much money ACORN got from the gov't? :roll:

No, I don't. If they got money for registering dead people or other unqualified :lol: people, they should be held accountable for it.

My comment was about the reporting in the article. They could have had a few more facts in the article. The facts they did cite, not the allegations, did not justify the article's tone, did not substantiate the article to a journalistic piece, but a tabloid piece.

I totally agree that in ANY illegal activity, there should be people held accountable.

The judge's quote without justifiable facts was what I was griping about. It is tabloid journalism where there is more opinion than facts, including what the judge said because it wasn't substantiated by facts in the article.

I sure wish judges would hold the same outrage with companies like Tyson who bribed the Mexican govt to ship almost a billion dollars worth of product out of the U.S. through Mexico and was illegal under the FCPA.

It just so happens that those people had money and could eventually buy the law firm that bought the DOJ prosecutor. I think the outrage over this is overblown compared to the lack of outrage about what happened with the Mexican bribes and the buying of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. It all comes down to money and lawyers.

I think the tone would have been justified if there were people who actually voted who were not able to vote. That, the article quoted as not having happened.

Are you going to hold maybe a few thousand dollars to lying about registering to vote by workers as high as bribing Mexican officials with hundreds of thousands of dollars?

I think there is so little coverage and outrage by Fox on the things that really matter. We don't have journalism here, we have manufactured outrage over a much minor issue while the big corporate issues just get swept under the rug and not written about. The billion or so dollars worth of product shipped out of Mexico had a real economic effect here in this country. This had virtually no economic effect.

Tex

Tex said:
Who cares if they plucked names out of the phone book and tried to register them?

well if your the one who is denied the ability to vote on election day . .I am sure you will care..

My sons' vote was challenged in a local recall election in NJ... it appears that an registration drive at college had attempted to use the college records to beef up a local voting roles in PA ahead of the local census . by getting more registered it would appear that the census was under-counted and would be adjusted to reflect a larger population.. thus .. more benefits for the needy..

so on that day.. he was not able to vote..

he had to re-register, swear an affidavit that he was not a PA resident.. ect..

so yes there is harm..

the college registry drive was smart enough to not have any formal structure or entity. so no one was prosecuted.. but it was a major issue for hundreds of students..

voter fraud often denies legitimate votes..

Question should be does anyone know how much of the "Government" Tax Payer Money that ACORN got was funneled right back into this ACORN supporters pockets?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFSY2dnTSZQ

I think the tone would have been justified if there were people who actually voted who were not able to vote. That, the article quoted as not having happened.

while they may not have cited examples.. anyone with a double registration is usually "challenged" at the polls..

if the person had moved since the phone book was published the discrepancy would be recorded and the persons would be denied the ability to vote in the normal manner and may be given a provisional ballot (if it is a fed election),

and then have to prove they are who they are.. something that takes a considerable effort..

Tam said:
Question should be does anyone know how much of the "Government" Tax Payer Money that ACORN got was funneled right back into this ACORN supporters pockets?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFSY2dnTSZQ

this whole paying people to vote or register others to vote is a crock..

it is your responsibility to vote.. it is really easy.. (except for the military and home-bound)

and I doubt they are ever targeted in these voting drives..

Its funny TEX-ASS, that you jump up and down on hear saying that you don't like injustice or fraud of our political system. Yet you pick ACORN of all entities to defend. :roll:

Tex perhaps when you read the article you missed this.

ACORN pleaded guilty to one felony count of unlawful compensation for registration of voters, stemming from an illegal voter registration scheme in its Las Vegas office during in the 2008 race.

If you are innocent why plead guilty!!! Where is Fox's bias????

Tex said:
Mike said:

No, I don't. If they got money for registering dead people or other unqualified :lol: people, they should be held accountable for it.

My comment was about the reporting in the article. They could have had a few more facts in the article. The facts they did cite, not the allegations, did not justify the article's tone, did not substantiate the article to a journalistic piece, but a tabloid piece.

I totally agree that in ANY illegal activity, there should be people held accountable.

The judge's quote without justifiable facts was what I was griping about. It is tabloid journalism where there is more opinion than facts, including what the judge said because it wasn't substantiated by facts in the article.

I sure wish judges would hold the same outrage with companies like Tyson who bribed the Mexican govt to ship almost a billion dollars worth of product out of the U.S. through Mexico and was illegal under the FCPA.

It just so happens that those people had money and could eventually buy the law firm that bought the DOJ prosecutor. I think the outrage over this is overblown compared to the lack of outrage about what happened with the Mexican bribes and the buying of the Foreign Corrupt Practices Act. It all comes down to money and lawyers.

Are you going to hold maybe a few thousand dollars to lying about registering to vote by workers as high as bribing Mexican officials with hundreds of thousands of dollars?

I think there is so little coverage and outrage by Fox on the things that really matter. We don't have journalism here, we have manufactured outrage over a much minor issue while the big corporate issues just get swept under the rug and not written about. The billion or so dollars worth of product shipped out of Mexico had a real economic effect here in this country. This had virtually no economic effect.

Tex

Quit falling back on the old liberal tactic, Someone did soemthing worse than this so let's just drop it

Then get to the bottom instead of excusing it because did something worse. Or forget crimes until all the worse crimes are dealt with.

Here is a question for you Tex when you have people saying things like this on TV.

"If I lived in Massachusetts I'd try to vote 10 times. I don't know if they'd let me or not, but I'd try to". He followed it up by saying, "Ya, that's right, I'd cheat to keep these bastards out, I would."

Can you guarantee that those names that were plucked from the phone book and headstones that ACORN signed up were not used to do exactly what Ed Schultz a liberal talk show host said he would try do, by those that thought absolutely nothing wrong with breaking voter registation laws?

And if ACORN Obama's long time pals were signing these dead people up just who do you think the walking dead were ALL VOTING FOR?

WE have no way to know as a very limited investigation was carried out against this gang of criminal before they closed up shop and headed for the hills. I'd bet ALOT of actual living breathing voters would love to know just how much of the ACORN evidence was swept under the rug to protect Obama and the DNC. I would guess it is about as much as being swept under the rug in the Mexican Drug Cartel and US Government gun running scandel.

BTW there is so much under that DEMOCRAT/LIBERAL RUG that even the NY Times is starting to see the dirt they swept under there being pushed out the other side and are having to finally admit to the shortfalls in Obama Pre- Presidentual record of achievements. :roll: Do you ever wonder what else will come accidentally sliding out from under there that is going to result in more WE TOLD YOU SO comments coming from the Conservatives? :wink:

Barack Obama's Campaign is using ACORN, a national organization representing the poor, to register new voters to vote for him. The senator's familiarity with ACORN began in Chicago when he was a community organizer and worked with ACORN staffers. ACORN's history is marked by acts of voter fraud and subsequent criminal convictions arising from these frauds, embezzlement, violent protests and union busting,

ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, is ostensibly a community organization that addresses housing, schools, neighborhood safety, health care, job conditions and voter registration. With a membership of more than 350,000, ACORN is organized into more than 850 neighborhood chapters in more than 100 cities across the United States.

The organization was founded in 1970 by Wade Rathke, George Wiley and Gary Delgado. Wade Rathke's brother embezzled $948,607 from the group and affiliated charitable organizations in 1999 and 2000, but ACORN executives did not inform law enforcement. A whistleblower revealed the fraud in 2008, leading to the departure of both Dale and Wade Rathke. The National Labor Relations Board also found that ACORN attempted to thwart union organizing efforts within its own organization by firing two workers attempting to unionize ACORN.

In Ohio, in 2004, four ACORN employees were indicted by a federal grand jury for submitting false voter registration forms. In January 2005, two Colorado ACORN workers were sentenced to community service for submitting false voter registrations. On Nov. 1, 2006, four part time ACORN employees were indicted in Kansas City, Mo., for voter registration fraud. Prosecutors said the indictments are part of a national investigation. ACORN was investigated in 2006 for submitting false voter registrations in St. Louis, Mo. Fraudulent voter registrations numbered 1,492.

In 2007, five Washington state ACORN workers were sentenced to jail. ACORN agreed to pay King County $25,000 for its investigative costs and acknowledged that the national organization could be subject to criminal prosecution if fraud reoccurred. In 2008, the Michigan Secretary of State office told the Detroit Free Press that ACORN had been submitting a sizeable number of duplicate and fraudulent applications to vote. On Sept. 17, the Bernalillo County clerk in New Mexico notified prosecutors that the office had received fraudulent registration cards.

ACORN receives significant funding by "persuading" local business owners to contribute to it. Its main source of funds, however, is the federal government. It receives federal funds for various community organizing efforts. The revenues from these programs are in the tens of millions of dollars. There is little government oversight over its use of the funds, which is why the founder's brother was able to embezzle almost a million dollars without detection.

Mr. Obama's connection to ACORN began in Chicago. Madeleine Talbot, the leader of Chicago ACORN was so impressed by Mr. Obama's organizing skills that she invited him to help train her own staff. Ms. Talbot was a key leader in an attempt by ACORN to storm the Chicago City Council during a living-wage debate. According to the Chicago Daily Herald, ACORN demonstrators pushed over the metal detector and table used to screen visitors, backed police against the doors to the council chamber, and blocked late-arriving aldermen and city staff from entering the session. Ms. Talbot was led away handcuffed, charged with mob action and disorderly conduct. This was the woman who first drew Mr. Obama into his alliance with ACORN and whose staff Mr. Obama helped train.

Mr. Obama served on the boards of two charitable foundations in Chicago, the Woods Fund and the Joyce Foundation. According to The New York Times, Mr. Obama's memberships on those foundation boards, "allowed him to help direct tens of millions of dollars in grants" to various liberal organizations, including the Chicago ACORN, "whose endorsement Mr. Obama sought and won in his state Senate race."

As late as August 2008, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported criminal investigations against at least six ACORN workers who tried to add dead, imprisoned or imaginary people to the voter rolls. The ACORN effort is part of a massive national voter registration drive aimed at the fall presidential election. Democrats have opposed any measures requiring photo identification to register to prevent fraud. In the current financial bailout negotiations going on in Washington, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and U.S. Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., are trying to include ACORN as a recipient of federal funds as part of this program.

ACORN may have received as much as $4 BILLION from the Stimulus Pork Bill that breezed through the Democrats fingers out to the voter fraud world. The shady way the Stimulus was administered, no one really knows who got what.

Tex. Do you have any idea who you are defending? :lol:

Mike said:
Barack Obama's Campaign is using ACORN, a national organization representing the poor, to register new voters to vote for him. The senator's familiarity with ACORN began in Chicago when he was a community organizer and worked with ACORN staffers. ACORN's history is marked by acts of voter fraud and subsequent criminal convictions arising from these frauds, embezzlement, violent protests and union busting,

ACORN, the Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now, is ostensibly a community organization that addresses housing, schools, neighborhood safety, health care, job conditions and voter registration. With a membership of more than 350,000, ACORN is organized into more than 850 neighborhood chapters in more than 100 cities across the United States.

The organization was founded in 1970 by Wade Rathke, George Wiley and Gary Delgado. Wade Rathke's brother embezzled $948,607 from the group and affiliated charitable organizations in 1999 and 2000, but ACORN executives did not inform law enforcement. A whistleblower revealed the fraud in 2008, leading to the departure of both Dale and Wade Rathke. The National Labor Relations Board also found that ACORN attempted to thwart union organizing efforts within its own organization by firing two workers attempting to unionize ACORN.

In Ohio, in 2004, four ACORN employees were indicted by a federal grand jury for submitting false voter registration forms. In January 2005, two Colorado ACORN workers were sentenced to community service for submitting false voter registrations. On Nov. 1, 2006, four part time ACORN employees were indicted in Kansas City, Mo., for voter registration fraud. Prosecutors said the indictments are part of a national investigation. ACORN was investigated in 2006 for submitting false voter registrations in St. Louis, Mo. Fraudulent voter registrations numbered 1,492.

In 2007, five Washington state ACORN workers were sentenced to jail. ACORN agreed to pay King County $25,000 for its investigative costs and acknowledged that the national organization could be subject to criminal prosecution if fraud reoccurred. In 2008, the Michigan Secretary of State office told the Detroit Free Press that ACORN had been submitting a sizeable number of duplicate and fraudulent applications to vote. On Sept. 17, the Bernalillo County clerk in New Mexico notified prosecutors that the office had received fraudulent registration cards.

ACORN receives significant funding by "persuading" local business owners to contribute to it. Its main source of funds, however, is the federal government. It receives federal funds for various community organizing efforts. The revenues from these programs are in the tens of millions of dollars. There is little government oversight over its use of the funds, which is why the founder's brother was able to embezzle almost a million dollars without detection.

Mr. Obama's connection to ACORN began in Chicago. Madeleine Talbot, the leader of Chicago ACORN was so impressed by Mr. Obama's organizing skills that she invited him to help train her own staff. Ms. Talbot was a key leader in an attempt by ACORN to storm the Chicago City Council during a living-wage debate. According to the Chicago Daily Herald, ACORN demonstrators pushed over the metal detector and table used to screen visitors, backed police against the doors to the council chamber, and blocked late-arriving aldermen and city staff from entering the session. Ms. Talbot was led away handcuffed, charged with mob action and disorderly conduct. This was the woman who first drew Mr. Obama into his alliance with ACORN and whose staff Mr. Obama helped train.

Mr. Obama served on the boards of two charitable foundations in Chicago, the Woods Fund and the Joyce Foundation. According to The New York Times, Mr. Obama's memberships on those foundation boards, "allowed him to help direct tens of millions of dollars in grants" to various liberal organizations, including the Chicago ACORN, "whose endorsement Mr. Obama sought and won in his state Senate race."

As late as August 2008, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel reported criminal investigations against at least six ACORN workers who tried to add dead, imprisoned or imaginary people to the voter rolls. The ACORN effort is part of a massive national voter registration drive aimed at the fall presidential election. Democrats have opposed any measures requiring photo identification to register to prevent fraud. In the current financial bailout negotiations going on in Washington, Speaker Nancy Pelosi, D-Calif., and U.S. Sen. Harry Reid, D-Nev., are trying to include ACORN as a recipient of federal funds as part of this program.

ACORN may have received as much as $4 BILLION from the Stimulus Pork Bill that breezed through the Democrats fingers out to the voter fraud world. The shady way the Stimulus was administered, no one really knows who got what.

Tex. Do you have any idea who you are defending? :lol:

Does he care? :?

Steve said:
Tex said:
Who cares if they plucked names out of the phone book and tried to register them?

well if your the one who is denied the ability to vote on election day . .I am sure you will care..

My sons' vote was challenged in a local recall election in NJ... it appears that an registration drive at college had attempted to use the college records to beef up a local voting roles in PA ahead of the local census . by getting more registered it would appear that the census was under-counted and would be adjusted to reflect a larger population.. thus .. more benefits for the needy..

so on that day.. he was not able to vote..

he had to re-register, swear an affidavit that he was not a PA resident.. ect..

so yes there is harm..

the college registry drive was smart enough to not have any formal structure or entity. so no one was prosecuted.. but it was a major issue for hundreds of students..

voter fraud often denies legitimate votes..

Steve, I agree this is not right. Where is the same outrage by the cooks who followed you on this instance? I would be very, very unhappy with ANYONE who registered me without my being a part of it and ANYONE who does this needs to be prosecuted. I didn't say it was wrong to prosecute these people, just that the incident was blown out of proportion by the tabloid type article. Your son had the absolute right to be angry with his college or anyone, including ACORN or the republican party holding a registration drive or the local priest doing the same thing. If I were the District

In the article by Fox, it didn't even say that if the people were actually registering dead people or people in the phone book, that these were just allegations. If I were a manager of a voter registration drive and I saw people I had hired to work the thing committing fraud, I would have turned them in (I would have trained them not to do this first) just as it seems the ACORN person did (the article did say he cooperated with the investigations).

Larry, and okfarmer, you two are just a couple of cooks. You are easily lead by your emotions and your posts show it. You are so easily lead into a tizzy that you seem to be so easily manipulated by propaganda.

Now, Tam, did I take up for ACORN, or just state the facts in the Fox article without all the tabloidism that is so apparently aimed at the likes of larry and okfarmer to get them riled up?

We have real problems in this country like the one Steve's son had with voting and we are so willing to overlook them unless they have an ACORN name attached to them.

Some people on this site just want to pile on the people they happen to hate. I don't mind ANYONE taking the hits they deserve, but if we are dishing them out, they need to be even to everyone.

I will tell you that when I was in college I participated in registration drives but I would never register anyone who wasn't supposed to be registered or who didn't want to be registered. This was probably what was behind the thought on the laws in Arizona and I am glad they were enforced with ACORN, but they also need to be enforced across the board with examples like the one Steve gave. According to Steve, his son had a direct most egregious violation to his son's rights on a similar voter registration drive (this might have been due to a lot of innocent things---the facts would have to be born out first) not having to do with ACORN.

I sure hope that at the polls they required ID as they have in every poll I have been to when voting. If Steve's son, or a dead person were to get caught voting twice, then there would have been real trouble for someone, as it should be.

Larry, you and okfarmer are just way too wacked out to even reply to this post so please don't. Go get your fill of outrage from Fox News so your little emotional needs can be met. They are good at it and you seem to like it too. As for me, I think this is the kind of thing that is diversionary to the real and bigger issues facing the nation but it keeps people like you two satisfied with your need to blame all the nation's problems on some scapegoat tabloid news can whip up out of almost nothing.

That leaves little emotional energy from the likes of larry and okfarmer for the other topic I am posting about the crooks in our industry:

Ranchers.net Ranchers.net's Bull Session Forum Index Profile You have no new messages FAQ Memberlist Search Log out [ Tex ]

Focus on the real problem, not the ACORNS

http://ranchers.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=531957#531957

Tex

Take it a step further ...abolish misdemeanors and onlyy prosecute felonies....maybe just drop all prosecution and go after the severe crimes like murder.

You libs and your reasoning power is defintely lacking. But I don't expect you to understand. I only expect you continue on your half baked ramblings

Latest posts